PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 05:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy Series 23547/21895 |Mar 19| ★ Sense 2.5 / 2.1 ★

I went back to March 17 as well. A new issue popped up: my phone would slow down to the point where I couldn't really do anything, and then when I soft reset, it never turned back on...it was like SOD. I had to remove the battery to get it to turn on again.

edit: This craziness was on the March 19th release, 21895. I didn't realize he released a newer one...
Old 03-21-2010, 05:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

I took the Sashimi 8.0 script (Sashimi.mscr) and commented (#) the references to the screen name (txtInstallWindow) in the SCInstall section (starts at line 2296 ). I added a 2.5 second wait, to make sure the install window has time to go active (less would likely have been fine). It runs just fine now. I did not modify the AutoInteract section, as it is very specialized and I'm sure nearly never used by anyone. If someone needs that section to work on the newer builds, then please feel free to extend the same or similar, or better, changes there. I've tested and this appears to work just fine, but please make sure Sashimi is all you are doing. Let it run and don't do other stuff at the same time.

I'll post this over at Sashimi central also (http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtop...1&p=1716#p1716).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
OK - In the Sashimi.mscr, at about line 2318, a section checks for StorageCard free space compared to the required space of the install. There are several references to the .cab install window, by name (txtInstallWindow="Installation"), but it appears that in this latest build, that the install Window is not feeding it's name into Mortscript, or the name is somehow masked. Try as I might, I can not yet see what the window name is, so I'm sure that the script is hanging on any command that is waiting on the window, or trying to do anything while that particular window name is active. I'm pretty sure I can rig it to work, but it won't be quite as bullet proof as it has been. I wish Bengali was still maintaining the script. I'll post an update if/when I get something to work. Anyone that knows Mortscript better than me, please help if you have time. thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip SASHIMI.zip (26.5 KB, 71 views) Click for barcode!

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................

Last edited by mikedboyd; 03-21-2010 at 06:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

siff is becoming a great contributor

Alright who knows the trick to get around the Hotfile wait screen?? This thing is killing me.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

btstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbtstarcher is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dude it's like 1 minute....
Old 03-21-2010, 07:29 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I don't see a changelog on the first page, but what's new for Mar 19/20? I'm on Mar 17 WM6.5 Sense 2.5. This ROM works fine for me so far.

BTW, What's "SOD" (Sleep of Death)? Meaning the phone wake up from sleep mode? Mine takes a few seconds (maybe 5) of pushing buttons, do I have SOD?
Old 03-21-2010, 07:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 Sprint
Carrier: Cosmote - Romania

Buzdugan is a n00b

After struggling to fix it for 2 days, I feel i must tell others.

After putting the new ROM, and having my phone not configured (properly) my bill raised up 2 euros, because PALRINGO tried to connect (even tho it wasn-t in the task manager procesess) and for that my provider charged me for every byte it used.

NOTE: beeing the careless person that I am, i've installed palringo from the web, not seeing that there already is one in the Internet tab.

(I'm using march 17 release, 21895, sense 2.1).

Back to our story: palringo used up my battery in 1 day, so after looking at every option I've deleted all my connections, disactivated HTC location service and everything related to auto connecting for data transfer and auto downloading data. (I don't use carrier - don't want to use - data service, only WIFI - cuz it's free ).

How you can tell : "My radio Icon - signal bar - was changing to the little arrows -><- transfer icon".

Problem solved, no more pointless charges from the provider.

After that, my phone won't go into sleep mode, even though it was selected to do so. Tried fixing it with numerous uncheck/reset/recheck/reset operations, but still the same. This morning I remembered about palringo problem, and thought that even though it doesn't connect, it's a running process and wakes up my phone, not letting it go to sleep (go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep my little joker motherphu#er....);

Solution : I've unninstaled the version of palringo ive installed myself ("Remove programs"). And now, the phone surprisingly goes into sleep mode.

Conclusion : Don't be quick to blame the rom for bugs for other programs bad implementation (as I did). Hope that this little story will help others in figuring out unwanted operations that your phone does, when everything doesn't make sense.

also, Good job again, NRGZ28 ! Your ROM has everything a SPh needs. Can't really think about changing it

cheers!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

flashed to Energy.RHODCDMA.23549.Sense2.5_with_Cookie_HomeTab .Mar.20, and have had many SODs, this is the first build I have had them..
Old 03-21-2010, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touchpro2
Carrier: sprint

busydocmom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
I took the Sashimi 8.0 script (Sashimi.mscr) and commented (#) the references to the screen name (txtInstallWindow) in the SCInstall section (starts at line 2296 ). I added a 2.5 second wait, to make sure the install window has time to go active (less would likely have been fine). It runs just fine now. I did not modify the AutoInteract section, as it is very specialized and I'm sure nearly never used by anyone. If someone needs that section to work on the newer builds, then please feel free to extend the same or similar, or better, changes there. I've tested and this appears to work just fine, but please make sure Sashimi is all you are doing. Let it run and don't do other stuff at the same time.

I'll post this over at Sashimi central also (http://www.winmo-experts.com/viewtop...1&p=1716#p1716).

Thanks so Much. I finally got everything running well so I won't be able to try this ...until my next flash. But thanks so much!!
Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown

21849 - MManila is running SUPERFAST!! Kudos!

I have one question - probably not going to be possible, but if you don't ask...I am using cmx - energized toolbar with the battery icon. Is there a way to make the clock on the top taskbar that color so they would match? Is there a registry item that could be changed? I know it's trivial, but I figured I would ask anyway.

Thanks in advance for any help. Again super job with this rom!!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Overproof is keeping up the good workOverproof is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexi View Post
Sorry if this has been asked/resolved already, im in a bit of a rush and don't have time to check back in the thread right now...
I recently flashed to the most recent rom (as of 3/18 from nrg's site not here) and I set a password through the windows feature, not the devicelock program. It worked for a few days, but now my password is "incorrect". After a hard reset, the problem happened again. I am absolutely positive I am entering it correctly. I did not forget it or make a mistake.
Is there any possible way to get back into my phone without another hard reset?
Make sure you set your provisioning before setting you password.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development