PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

So whats different now? The new sense? Weird issues with leo and all different from one user to another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Refering to NRGZ post about HD2 & Sense 2.5.. He's been in the Kitchen a while now.. Think we will have a surprise?? Not sure if HD2 can be ported or not...
HD2 has been ported a lot already. That is where we originally started getting our 2.5 roms from.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

who? is just getting started
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Refering to NRGZ post about HD2 & Sense 2.5.. He's been in the Kitchen a while now.. Think we will have a surprise?? Not sure if HD2 can be ported or not...
It sounds like he's so enamored with the HD2 that he's only working on that device at the moment. His tweets about the HD2 is making me jealous. May have to take it for a spin on T-Mo just to know what I'm missing.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Nice post nicely explained. HOW I WISH we could use our SD cards... Peeps said no.. I did try looking on net & it thought i was typing jibberish lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
Quote:
Oh.. a word of note: our phones dont have memory sticks.. what you have left off your cards not taken by installed programs IS YOUR RAM.
No it isn't.

Our devices have 3 main areas of "memory"

There is non-volatile ROM, which includes what WM reports as "Storage" memory aka "\" (220 of 512 MB of this chip accessible for this purpose, the rest stores the ROM image I guess). This is where you store your files and install your applications to when you're not putting them on the SD. Data here survives power off/reset (minus hard reset which wipes this 220 MB "Storage" memory partition).

Then there is volatile RAM (180 of 288 MB accessible [~100 MB reserved for display rendering?]), which is what the OS and applications use to store their state and data in ("Program" memory). This is what gets used up as you run more and more applications. When you soft reset or turn off your device all data stored here is lost, it's the equivalent of a stick of RAM in your computer.

Then last but not least there is "external" storage, via the SD slot. If you're suggesting that Windows Mobile will map valid RAM addresses to unused space on your SD card for use as program running memory you've completely lost it.
If only...unfortunately the SD interface is probably too slow for this to even be feasible. We can dream though.

288 MB of RAM and only 60% of that usable for running apps is my biggest problem with my TP2.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

its great ROM tha NRGZ i love it...but the momery RAM killing me i just played some music and facebook and i tried to open Opera browser says there not enogh Ram to run it and it was %95 use just for music and facebook :S is there ideas or any solutions for that??
Old 02-20-2010, 09:25 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
Quote:
Oh.. a word of note: our phones dont have memory sticks.. what you have left off your cards not taken by installed programs IS YOUR RAM.
No it isn't.

Our devices have 3 main areas of "memory"

There is non-volatile ROM, which includes what WM reports as "Storage" memory aka "\" (220 of 512 MB of this chip accessible for this purpose, the rest stores the ROM image I guess). This is where you store your files and install your applications to when you're not putting them on the SD. Data here survives power off/reset (minus hard reset which wipes this 220 MB "Storage" memory partition).

Then there is volatile RAM (180 of 288 MB accessible [~100 MB reserved for display rendering?]), which is what the OS and applications use to store their state and data in ("Program" memory). This is what gets used up as you run more and more applications. When you soft reset or turn off your device all data stored here is lost, it's the equivalent of a stick of RAM in your computer.

Then last but not least there is "external" storage, via the SD slot. If you're suggesting that Windows Mobile will map valid RAM addresses to unused space on your SD card for use as program running memory you've completely lost it.
Nicely explained Aug.....
Old 02-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel610 View Post
What are the differences with the 23529 and 21892 builds? I looked all over and couldn't find an answer because the search just pulls up every thread since the build numbers are in the title.

Also, how do I get the normal clock back on the 21892? I see everyone asking about how to get the analog clock on previous version, but not how to get the flip clock back in this version. Thanks for the help!
23xx is the small top bar and "start," left and right soft keys in the lower task bar.

Assuming you are running maxmanila (based on having the analog clock) you need to read up on the settings. There is a way to change it to the large flip (LF) clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
its great ROM tha NRGZ i love it...but the momery RAM killing me i just played some music and facebook and i tried to open Opera browser says there not enogh Ram to run it and it was %95 use just for music and facebook :S is there ideas or any solutions for that??
Assuming you have the 23xx version, you need to close-close apps when you're done. ie, use that little triangle (quick launch) to close out the running programs. Depending on which Sense version you're running (MM, co0kie, std) you can use cleanRAM to open up memory.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

adam1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel610 View Post
What are the differences with the 23529 and 21892 builds? I looked all over and couldn't find an answer because the search just pulls up every thread since the build numbers are in the title.

Also, how do I get the normal clock back on the 21892? I see everyone asking about how to get the analog clock on previous version, but not how to get the flip clock back in this version. Thanks for the help!
23xx is the small top bar and "start," left and right soft keys in the lower task bar.

Assuming you are running maxmanila (based on having the analog clock) you need to read up on the settings. There is a way to change it to the large flip (LF) clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
Assuming you have the 23xx version, you need to close-close apps when you're done. ie, use that little triangle (quick launch) to close out the running programs. Depending on which Sense version you're running (MM, co0kie, std) you can use cleanRAM to open up memory.
no im using the one NRGZ recomend for first use 2192 max manila i installed cleanRam and its worked out thank you.

but i tried to setup my Hotmail Email and keep open Opera browser?? how i can setup like my yahoo account??
Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 PM
VIP Duck
Pocket PC: RAPHAEL / TOPAZ / RHODIUM
Carrier: Verizon

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community

I am getting bored....

No new ROMs. Nothing left to tweak or fix in the current build for me.

Anyone have any idea for something that needs skinning or fixing?

BTW: If you missed NRG's tweet about this, it is amazing!

Remove SIP keyboard lag:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633253
Old 02-20-2010, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
I am getting bored....

Remove SIP keyboard lag:
Yeah, I'm not really noticing much difference with the new keyboard skin. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what it is supposed to speed up exactly?
Old 02-20-2010, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

aycc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDuck View Post
I am getting bored....

Remove SIP keyboard lag:
Go back to stock ROM and tweak it to make it works like 6.5 ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development