PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1 View Post
i have MightyRom do i need to go back to stock before flashing NRGZ rom??

thanks
nope. flash away
Old 02-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO WOOT!

yznhmr is becoming a great contributor
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlegend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomariachi View Post
How do people like the new messaging? Kinda I-Phoneish, just not as snappy. I prefer the regular IM looking kinda text myself. Other than that I'm really not having many problems, would love to get the epub reader to work for me seeing as how i have a ton of ebooks i'd like to start reading on the go but with the features of the app that's on our phones now. Anyone got any ideas on changing the bubbles in the text windows? Like i said, looks decent, kinda cartoonish, just isn't snappy.
Where did it even come from? The new Leo files? I hate it. I mean, I like the look of it ok, but it's slower, and requires a lot more scrolling toi review your conversation. Any ideas out there how to get the classic Windows SMS app back?

i agree..

Check out my other habit....
WWW.YZREEF.COM
Old 02-19-2010, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cantcme68 is a n00b
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlegend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomariachi View Post
How do people like the new messaging? Kinda I-Phoneish, just not as snappy. I prefer the regular IM looking kinda text myself. Other than that I'm really not having many problems, would love to get the epub reader to work for me seeing as how i have a ton of ebooks i'd like to start reading on the go but with the features of the app that's on our phones now. Anyone got any ideas on changing the bubbles in the text windows? Like i said, looks decent, kinda cartoonish, just isn't snappy.
Where did it even come from? The new Leo files? I hate it. I mean, I like the look of it ok, but it's slower, and requires a lot more scrolling toi review your conversation. Any ideas out there how to get the classic Windows SMS app back?

I do think the old style messaging was better. Like on the mogul.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown
Exclamation Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashabrown View Post
Quick question - I am interested in one of the 6.5.x roms - been using the 21xxx series. How do you "x" out a program (ie Pocket outlook or text messaging) and have it COMPLETELY close like the HTC task manager does with one of the newer 6.5.x roms? This is the only thing that keeps me from trying them!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Bump - please those experienced folks - let me know - I want to try the 6.5.5 rom, but the one time I did try one, nothing ever closed by hitting the X on the bottom (only was minimized) and I quickly ran out of ram...

Thanks again in advance for help!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

No you all actually did. and im still right.. check it.. your only loooking at total available mem & subtracting.. ummm yea its 80, ramclean even on the lowest setting and it comes back to same thing... v and lets see the nasty comment, shytty pic posts coming from some acting soo proper & jumping others you guys talkin trash to everyone acting all upitdy. Reason???? if yo have nothing left set aside theres nothing to call ram. whats not needed is disguarded temp just like your freakin computer.

Your dam right i made the diaper comment. did you ever consider your behavior ? i read through a few pages of that crap... least when i have something to say cept for 2 times on here i say it I drop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by t803329x View Post
Yeah seriously, way to alienate clueless, she has made huge contributions to all of us noobs - helping when others choose to make fun, so she made a slight mistake,whatever, move on. I guess in order to post something on PPCGeeks, you have to be perfect, never wrong, and able to take all sorts of insults when you make a slight error....this is exactly why I have been a lurker for so long and hesitate to post unless absolutely required...
Bro questions are always answered by me and I help in any way I can...maybe before calling us morons you should read everything... Mrs. Clueless started it with the diaper jabs....and never showed any proof after that response to when I asked about the initial 80% post...it really is no big deal...my interest was in being able to do the same thing....if it was true, which was ststed twice by her....end of story ...lets all move on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn4emp View Post
I have a question or problem. I put on srs wow hd cab. and whenever this is loaded on it make my screen go black and I have to reset my phone to get it to work. Do anybody have this problem
Dont use it....fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Agreed! jabs thrown in every direction and I dont think anyone was unfairly targeted.
Agreed...

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:38 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
Quick question - I am interested in one of the 6.5.x roms - been using the 21xxx series. How do you "x" out a program (ie Pocket outlook or text messaging) and have it COMPLETELY close like the HTC task manager does with one of the newer 6.5.x roms? This is the only thing that keeps me from trying them!

Bump - please those experienced folks - let me know - I want to try the 6.5.5 rom, but the one time I did try one, nothing ever closed by hitting the X on the bottom (only was minimized) and I quickly ran out of ram...

You can use arkswitch or quickmenu or any number of task managers to completely close running applications...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

If im not mistaken, you can ser thru quickmenu & Shoot i forgot the other, been a long day. But you can set to close on X. The 23x version had quick menu

Quote:
Quote:

Looks up after posting.. DITO....
Old 02-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Switching to Android

Ive had to do that with all roms in jan and up untill this last rom which is doing better. I did notice for me anyway that the option to actually TELL Google maps made a difference.

I found if I do in this order as soon a I load the new rom ( well this one anyway lol) It seems to hold it longer once I can grab it, But i put phone in airplane mode & set the location & time properly then do the Quick GPS BEFORE i try weather, least i get weather & also run the htc gpstool like you are if google didnt snatch the settings.

Its just plain weird!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShade001 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknight8 View Post
i am using the feb 7th rom still
but for some reason wen i run Google Map, it doesn't find my location... after waiting half an hour i just exited!!!
anyone having the same issue?
any fix for it?
Thanx
This has been happening to me every time i flash since the Feb 4th roms. I would let Google maps run even longer with no luck. Also, QuickGPS would make no difference at all. Although i can't explain why, this is what solves the prob for me every time:

Turn Location on.
Turn AGPS on.
open start/GPS/HTC GPSTool. Set the baud rate to 115200, click Open Port, click Start Test.

I have to let it run for about 15 minutes (ends up being 13-16 loops or so). For the first 10 minutes or so i will get no locks. After about 10 minutes or so i start to lock on to stelites. After it locks on 5 or 6, i click stop test.

After doing this i never have to do it again until i flash. It has just become part of the flashing routine for me. After doing the above Google Maps will lock on 6 or 7 satelites within a few seconds and all other GPS/Weather apps work great.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Switching to Android

Haven't tried cookie yet.. Hows it going for those that are.. Should I give it a try or does it need a little more fine tuning?
Old 02-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO WOOT!

yznhmr is becoming a great contributor

Is there a "DUSK " setup for the TP2? i only found one for the HD.. i love NRGZ roms, but i like the look of the DUSK theme..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development