PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 03:14 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by starpana View Post
Thanks.

Adding manila.exe to the exceptions will solve the freeze issue, but will not release too much ram.
Glad it helped......

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry6667 View Post
Two issues I am having 1. For a a few ROMs half the time when I turn the screen back on it is black (blah) 2. TF3D, the slider is laggy, it seems to work well after it gets "warmed" up but still has more lag than past ROMs. Not sure why this is. FEB 16 MAX 23529

Any one else have lag with this ROM?
I ran MM 23529 all night, no black screen issue. I did however notice lag in slider and flip clocks. I had weather disabled so I couldn't blame it... I ran it bare other than MyPhone synced up. it wasn't aweful...just annoying. The clocks would freeze during flip and stay that way until MyLocation updated, although the clock in the TB would say the correct time. I decided to flash to Cookie after it was annoying me enough.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21892 |Feb 16| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxMani

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprachar View Post
is anybody still flashing back to stock, wipe phone etc. on every flash or is this just superstitious crap?
I never do the flash dance. I do mostly flash NRGZ roms but once in a while I will flash a different chef's rom for comparison. I have never had any issues appear from not flashing to stock first, just my .02

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:26 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
That is what I had assumed at first. However, Clueless is not new to this, having many posts here and helping on many occasions. I didn't think he/she would make that kind of error, especially since he/she has made it a point to post their "free Ram" percentage several times throughout this thread.
I cant get 80% free by running a fresh flashed standard ROM, and turning off Sense and Titanium, running on pure blank "today" with nothing installed and Google maps removed. I agree with the others, NO screenie...no believie. I am at 47% used on the blank today homescreen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedra92 View Post
Is there any advantage (Speed, battery life, etc) to having Cookie HomeTab cooked in over installing as a cab? I really like the visual just wondering which way has the least impact on the phone. TIA.
NRG says he believes it runs better cooked in awhile back when he first started the Cookie ROMs. I have ran it as a cab on the standard builds though and it works great as well, can't tell much diff IMO. Only advantage is you can re ove Cookie cab if ya wanta switch it around without a HR. I don't run much of anything for enough battery cycles to get an accurate battery comparison though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:28 PM
AB_
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

AB_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprachar View Post
is anybody still flashing back to stock, wipe phone etc. on every flash or is this just superstitious crap?

I still do.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:29 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedra92 View Post
I never do the flash dance. I do mostly flash NRGZ roms but once in a while I will flash a different chef's rom for comparison. I have never had any issues appear from not flashing to stock first, just my .02
Same here. In the TP1 days I believed in it, but with the TP2 I have flashed around with all the ladies without heading to clinic to cure any bugs I picked up along the way! And I flash alot, alot.....prob too much...I am going blind and have hair on my palms....lol
Old 02-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Same here. In the TP1 days I believed in it, but with the TP2 I have flashed around with all the ladies without heading to clinic to cure any bugs I picked up along the way! And I flash alot, alot.....prob too much...I am going blind and have hair on my palms....lol
I agree. I used to dance with my TP, and it seemed to help. All the ports have evolved so much since then that I have stopped dancin with my TP2 and don't see any problems.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sexilexi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrsnlCrcl View Post
You are not doing anything wrong...this is the way the ROMs have been coming the last few builds. You can either flash the ROM with the extracted file from your SD card, there are instructions on how to do this in the CDMA TP2 Upgrade Forums (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95375), or you can use the ROMUpdateUtility file attached, extract all of the files, put the .nbh file in with the other extracted files, and then flash the ROM like you are used to.

Thank you very much, I tried over the sd card from the instructions in the linked thread but found it easier to just flash through my pc.
I have one more question, After flashing the rom and getting everything how I like it I noticed that everytime I send a text message I, almost immediately, receive a message back from my voicemail and it is always the same message: "are you working today". That's not the message I'm sending to people either . What is causing this?
Old 02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexilexi View Post
Thank you very much, I tried over the sd card from the instructions in the linked thread but found it easier to just flash through my pc.
I have one more question, After flashing the rom and getting everything how I like it I noticed that everytime I send a text message I, almost immediately, receive a message back from my voicemail and it is always the same message: "are you working today". That's not the message I'm sending to people either . What is causing this?
Brother that is the big man sending you hints to get busy and quit looking at your device!!!!lol.....
Old 02-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sexilexi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
Brother that is the big man sending you hints to get busy and quit looking at your device!!!!lol.....
LOL never gonna happen with this slick new rom! I can't help but play with it.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

papastompy is a n00b

Ok, maybe not the right place to ask but I've been searching for a bit and can't remember where i saw it. I saw an analog clock with NRG's 2010 "plasma swoosh" (for lack of better term) as the face and would love to use that on my phone.

Does anybody know where i may find it? In the mean time, I'm still searching... Thank you in advance

BTW, running Feb 16th 23529 max manilla build. Works good so far for me, no problems yet...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development