PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

murducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on repmurducky is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21891 |Feb 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguenter322 View Post
Disrespectful? Give me a break.

What's disrespectful is that I have to read through twenty pages of crap, retardation, and the same damn question that was posted and answered countless times in the previous few pages of the thread - every f*cking time I leave this thread for 12-24 hours, and then come back to try and catch up on what those of us with a brain have been discussing about advancing the usability of this ROM and our devices.

I know not everyone has time to learn their device inside and out, but if you guys can't be bothered to read the last 5-10 pages of the thread, or, god forbid, use the search before posting your general/noob question...well then maybe you should stick with the stock ROM or (I hate even saying it, but ffs) go buy a Droid or an iPhone or something.

I'm sorry, but I have a life and a full time job too. This is my first WM device, but I spent countless hours reading and jumping from thread to thread to thread here and at XDA before I even thought about flashing a custom ROM because I didn't want to be the a**hat that wasted thread space (not to mention helpful and generous people's time).

Just a thought, but if your schedule or IQ doesn't allow you to find answers to well documented questions then maybe modding your phone just isn't for you.

I'm fairly new here myself and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but I've gotten more than a bit frustrated with this BS lately and it had to be said.
preach on brother preach on ! CAN I GET AMEN !
Old 02-10-2010, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23529/21891 |Feb 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by onethird13 View Post
No option that I see.

Sorry, I was just coming out of rant mode and I didn't realize by "most recent version" that you were referring to the 6.5.x branch.

num5kull's answer should point you in the right direction. Also, I recommend WkTask (http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask_en.html) if it works on the new WM branch.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

TreoGeekPro is a n00b

I am happy to have manila 2.5. But I do have a question about the integrated facebook feature. When I used 2.1, I have an option to chose whether I want to save the photo from my friends profile picture. However, this option seems lifted from 2.5. I have all my contact picture set. I don't want to change them, is there a way to turn that auto save photo off?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
I have both T-Mobile and AT&T...get data no problem with either, but I had to configure the data connection for each provider.
how did you configure the data on the AT&T???

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

aguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaguenter322 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
how did you configure the data on the AT&T???
Maybe this will help: http://www.wirelessgalaxy.com/mobile...s_settings.asp

I've seen "wap.cingular" mentioned many times as the address used to connect to data for AT&T. You might need login info as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Disrespectful? Give me a break.

What's disrespectful is that I have to read through twenty pages of crap, retardation, and the same damn question that was posted and answered countless times in the previous few pages of the thread - every f*cking time I leave this thread for 12-24 hours, and then come back to try and catch up on what those of us with a brain have been discussing about advancing the usability of this ROM and our devices.

I know not everyone has time to learn their device inside and out, but if you guys can't be bothered to read the last 5-10 pages of the thread, or, god forbid, use the search before posting your general/noob question...well then maybe you should stick with the stock ROM or (I hate even saying it, but ffs) go buy a Droid or an iPhone or something.

I'm sorry, but I have a life and a full time job too. This is my first WM device, but I spent countless hours reading and jumping from thread to thread to thread here and at XDA before I even thought about flashing a custom ROM because I didn't want to be the a**hat that wasted thread space (not to mention helpful and generous people's time).

Just a thought, but if your schedule or IQ doesn't allow you to find answers to well documented questions then maybe modding your phone just isn't for you.

I'm fairly new here myself and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, but I've gotten more than a bit frustrated with this BS lately and it had to be said.
I agree it's been frustrating swimming through all the repetition of questions, rants against those questions, rants against the rants, etc.

It's just unfortunate that it all got piled onto one guy who was clearly not the cause of all the posts. He took more abuse than his own contribution to the post count warranted.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwill View Post
I agree it's been frustrating swimming through all the repetition of questions, rants against those questions, rants against the rants, etc.

It's just unfortunate that it all got piled onto one guy who was clearly not the cause of all the posts. He took more abuse than his own contribution to the post count warranted.
No of course not. My rant was not intended to be mean spirited, nor was it directed at him, or any one person for that matter.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

stuge123 is just getting started

okay guys, can we just agree to disagree on this and move on?

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Nice try, but just because your goal in life is to make VIP and you don't mind answering the same question over and over and over for rep doesn't make it right.
Moving on.
My goal and what the goal of the forum should be to share information with people who need it. Not to curse them for knowing less than we do. What is dumb or easy to you may not be to someone else, just point them in the right direction it’s not that hard. We all have the same goal To rock the latest NRGZ build with as few issues as possible.

ace10134,
I see that you update the FAQ in post #4 of the OP. Would you be willing to highlight known issues/fixes by release so there is a one stop shop? This might stop the duplicate postings and curb the irritability….
Old 02-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
My goal and what the goal of the forum should be to share information with people who need it. Not to curse them for knowing less than we do. What is dumb or easy to you may not be to someone else, just point them in the right direction it’s not that hard. We all have the same goal To rock the latest NRGZ build with as few issues as possible.

ace10134,
I see that you update the FAQ in post #4 of the OP. Would you be willing to highlight known issues/fixes by release so there is a one stop shop? This might stop the duplicate postings and curb the irritability….
i dont think updating after every release will help. mms fixes and other commonly asked questions are already posted there and those questions are still asked constantly and they have been there since at least december.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development