PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Anyone know of a way I can take a "snapshot" of my current ROM including my settings, all ROM data, contacts, programs, etc. So let's say I flash a new ROM build, don't like it and want to go back to exactly what I previously had. (versus reflashing old build, redoing all settings, installs, and email/contacts)

I've heard of Sashimi but not sure how well it works/fulfills my needs.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

XstingstreetX is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to XstingstreetX Send a message via MSN to XstingstreetX Send a message via Yahoo to XstingstreetX Send a message via Skype™ to XstingstreetX
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Im not sure what to do. I love nrgz's roms but they seem to be getting to big, to much ram running, fast battery drain. I might have to do mighty rom. Getting my touch pro 2 tomorrow (upgrade from touch pro) I'm a little unsure what to do. I use many apps love a lot of nrgzs cooked but see a lot i will never use either. Any feedback much appreciated.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

XstingstreetX is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to XstingstreetX Send a message via MSN to XstingstreetX Send a message via Yahoo to XstingstreetX Send a message via Skype™ to XstingstreetX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmethod3 View Post
Anyone know of a way I can take a "snapshot" of my current ROM including my settings, all ROM data, contacts, programs, etc. So let's say I flash a new ROM build, don't like it and want to go back to exactly what I previously had. (versus reflashing old build, redoing all settings, installs, and email/contacts)

I've heard of Sashimi but not sure how well it works/fulfills my needs.
Yes seach Sashimi on the forums for the programs, and use PIM backup for your contacts. Saving it all on a storage card you can switch roms back and forth.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxcee View Post
Not sure if this is a new issue or not but has anyone been having problems where the phone freezes and when you soft reset it and it comes back up...I get the "No Service" icon AND Sense tries to start but fails after a few minutes.

Another thing...I get the "No Service" icon so I can not make or receive calls....but data still works. Can still pull web pages and send and receive email.

I've tried flashing stock and then back to Dec. 31. I've also tried flashing the 1.96.00 radio.

Anyone have a clue? Thx.
You need to reprogram your phone. With verizon it's *228 option 2, I think it's something like #777 for sprint or something.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, TP, TP2, Evo 4G

proxcee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
You need to reprogram your phone. With verizon it's *228 option 2, I think it's something like #777 for sprint or something.
do you mean provision the phone? IOTA? It only seems to happen on custom roms...not stock.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

chewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good workchewie8han is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_slug06 View Post
well when you flash your phone, the timezone is set to Dublin, London or whatever. (the other side of the world...a day difference) so if u sync it while its set to there, the dates will be correct...in london. but when u change the time zone to the correct one, it keeps ur dates the same because u set them supposedly for something for that day in london. hope this helps you understand
Actually mine always seems to default with Pacific time (3 hours behind me). At least with NRGs roms. On the rom that I built with caulkin's kitchen, it was right using the location immediately. So being 3 hours behind me that wouldn't really make sense unless I flashed after midnight. Plus if it was set to London, wouldn't the day be ahead and not behind?

Kevin
Old 01-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by XstingstreetX View Post
Yes seach Sashimi on the forums for the programs, and use PIM backup for your contacts. Saving it all on a storage card you can switch roms back and forth.
No "imaging" software for the phone eh? I can understand the need to use sashimi etc being a flashaholic, but I am at the point this guy is and never have been before. I love my current config. I want to make an image of it as is so I can just pop right back to it if I flash another rom and dont want to stick with it etc...

Settings are different etc between kitchens/roms but if you wanted to "ghost" or acronis trueimage your phone is there anything out there?

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

SPB Backup
Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

I had read a comment posted somewhere about HTC ram addict that it was causing trouble.. Untill that point I didnt have any, untill I installed it on this build. Course it's not the updated version. But I noticed all kinds of system hangups with it..

Redid the rom frm scratch but left it off.. NO screen freezes, etc.

Only problem I still have is the reg keys for applications to turn off data connection when complete DO NOT WORK still have to turn off data connection manully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
Hello people,

I'm kinda new to this site... And just loaded Energy rom ( Really feeling it! ) but I have a couple of Questions to the people who know this ROM a lot better than I do, The total Commander won't like you open ZIP files, The PROGRAM/ IN USE keep goin up from 52% to as high as 88% The HTC ADDICT ram cleaner don't work or the RAM sweeper don't work. Oh By the way I'm really feeling MAX-MANILA 2.81

Well if anyone can help THANKS A LOT

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

big_slug06 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxcee View Post
do you mean provision the phone? Iota? It only seems to happen on custom roms...not stock.
hahahahaha 10 types of people

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development