PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint

christophocles is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28014/21885 |Dec 17| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Umm.. What is Seven?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
Im sorry, I dont understand. I already have my emails coming to the phone through the email tab. What is it that SEVEN does that the phone doesnt already do besides send international texts for no reason?
If you use Gmail, then you don't need SEVEN because Google provides you with a nice exchange activesync server. However if you use Yahoo or Hotmail, then you don't have many options. Yahoo does not provide IMAP and will not even give you POP3 unless you pay them a fee, and I don't think hotmail offers IMAP or POP3. I happen to use some Yahoo groups (freecycle!) and I'm not paying for crappy POP3 access so that's what I use SEVEN for. Without it I would have to go to the yahoo website to check my mail every time.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:07 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28014/21885 |Dec 17| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Im sorry, I dont understand. I already have my emails coming to the phone through the email tab. What is it that SEVEN does that the phone doesnt already do besides send international texts for no reason?
Basically rather than your phone checking for email at set intervals..seven pushes the email straight to your phone almost instantaneously. I used to use it but hated it because it was such a drain on the battery.. plus everytime I flashed a new rom I had to deal with the international texts.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophocles View Post
Now that I have downgraded to M2.1 I really like the speed and stability and I have gotten everything just the way I want it, so I don't think I am going to reflash for a while. What ROM and version of SEVEN do you run, btw?
298463 version of SEVEN. it's worked on any rom i've tried so far.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:09 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophocles View Post
If you use Gmail, then you don't need SEVEN because Google provides you with a nice exchange activesync server. However if you use Yahoo or Hotmail, then you don't have many options. Yahoo does not provide IMAP and will not even give you POP3 unless you pay them a fee, and I don't think hotmail offers IMAP or POP3. I happen to use some Yahoo groups (freecycle!) and I'm not paying for crappy POP3 access so that's what I use SEVEN for. Without it I would have to go to the yahoo website to check my mail every time.

Uh...WRONG... I have my yahoo mail setup in my phone just as I do my aol and it works just fine. I even forwarded my gmail to it so I only have to deal with 2 emails checking rather than 3. Hell i've been doing this with yahoo since the mogul with no problems. I set it to check every hour and it works perfect...for free.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
it's push email. that's the difference. you get the email as it's sent to you, instead of waiting on your phone to pull it at a specified interval.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Basically rather than your phone checking for email at set intervals..seven pushes the email straight to your phone almost instantaneously. I used to use it but hated it because it was such a drain on the battery.. plus everytime I flashed a new rom I had to deal with the international texts.
Like GoogleMail or Microsoft My Phone does for free?
Old 12-30-2009, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work

Has anyone else experienced extreme sluggishness when the weather animation runs on the home tab? This is with both 20811 and 21885 Dec 29 builds. This, unusable calendar (new event times) and MMS problems are making me want to try Phoenix 2.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2

christophocles is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Uh...WRONG... I have my yahoo mail setup in my phone just as I do my aol and it works just fine. I even forwarded my gmail to it so I only have to deal with 2 emails checking rather than 3. Hell i've been doing this with yahoo since the mogul with no problems. I set it to check every hour and it works perfect...for free.
Well I'm not an AOL user (never was and never will be), so please explain what you did to get this working.. Because I'm almost certain it can't be IMAP or POP3.

Also, you forwarded your gmail to your yahoo account? Blasphemy!

EDIT: OK maybe I am wrong. Yahoo is finally making an effort to compete with gmail. It's about time.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiantone View Post
-----
thanks for your efforts..but I want to get that paperclip to show without disabling anything.. I've done it one two other roms by simply changing the mms server info...but can't get to work like that on this rom.
if you look closely at the post i said i only used the cab when trying in wm sms/mms,im not using that im using whats cooked in,all i did was use the vzw valk. cab and added on the end of mms>?X-VZW-MDN=1234567890 (MY #) changed connect via to my isp and set wap @ none

i have not disabled anything at all,i added the vzw valk. cab thats it, everything is case sensitive......... i dunno why it works for me without any issues and no 1 else

Last edited by Straitup27; 12-30-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Do you know where I can get that cab. I have MMS Fix (M2.5) (Verizon) (Valkyrie) but this is the one that actually is listed on others as a disabler and it did install sprint stuff in the registry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
if you look closely at the post i said i only used the cab when trying in wm sms/mms,im not using that im using whats cooked in,all i did was use the vzw valk. cab and added on the end of mms>?X-VZW-MDN=1234567890 (MY #) changed connect via to my isp and set wap @ none

i have not disabled anything at all,i added the vzw valk. cab thats it, everything is case sensitive......... i dunno why it works for me without any issues and no 1 else

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development