PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, TP , TP2x2 and now EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

nutzy19 is keeping up the good worknutzy19 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28014/21885 |Dec 17| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

I found a nice background for Energys Dusk rom but when I install the cab it only changes everything behind sense UI... any ideas
Old 12-18-2009, 04:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28014/21885 |Dec 17| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Thanks. Getting Kind of used to it. But I still can't find that Setting. I'm on 28014 (No Theme, No Xmas, No Dusk, Dec 17). I looked in "Start -> Settings -> System" and don't see it. I do see a "Task Manager" in "Start -> Tools" but I don't think that's what you are referring to. Energy did say in release notes about changing task manager again.

P.S. I did notice Interceptor does suck CPU constantly when the phone is completely idle.
Yea, I'm not sure how the 28xxx OS's work with regard to the task manager and the X button. I really don't like the taskbar on the bottom so I try to stick to the 21xxx ROMS.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WINDOWS MOBILE 5.0
Carrier: SPRINT

TECHNOLLIC is a n00b

Can someone help me with installing the sms fix, I'm using maxmanilla 21885, I downloaded the fix, put it on my storage card, when I go to the folder there are 2 files one says sprint when I click on it it says there is no application associated with sprint, the other file says setup with an opera O but clicking this opens opera but no web page. what am I doing wrong. I used to be able to install cabs when I had my touch diamond, but I can't since I got my touch pro 2.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Yea, I'm not sure how the 28xxx OS's work with regard to the task manager and the X button. I really don't like the taskbar on the bottom so I try to stick to the 21xxx ROMS.
Yeah you don't need Interceptor either which adjusts Manila position for Start on Bottom which I really love.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

I don't do much texting and never do MMS. But I do want Texting to work reasonbly well when I need it.

I'm running (Leo 28015 No Themes, Dec 17) and I've done very few tweaks (nothing to SMS/MMS). I ignore most of the many MMS issues discussed because I don't do MMS.

I'm on Sprint and if I send a Text to myself how long should it take?

It's taking about a minute. Is that normal or should it be near instant and I should pay attention to these threads on Messaging? I think I could send email or call them quicker

I prefer keep things simple for each ROM, less I have to fiddle with each time I flash the better. But if there is a simple tweak to say make it go from 1 minute to a couple seconds I'd be happy to add it to my "To Do List" after a flash.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

smegma is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
has anyone notices if the cityid is broken in the dusk rom? i still get the state, but not the city now.
I have the same issue, the city ID showed up at first, after running Sashimi I only get the state now.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I don't do much texting and never do MMS. But I do want Texting to work reasonbly well when I need it.

I'm running (Leo 28015 No Themes, Dec 17) and I've done very few tweaks (nothing to SMS/MMS). I ignore most of the many MMS issues discussed because I don't do MMS.

I'm on Sprint and if I send a Text to myself how long should it take?

It's taking about a minute. Is that normal or should it be near instant and I should pay attention to these threads on Messaging? I think I could send email or call them quicker

I prefer keep things simple for each ROM, less I have to fiddle with each time I flash the better. But if there is a simple tweak to say make it go from 1 minute to a couple seconds I'd be happy to add it to my "To Do List" after a flash.
I just got my TP2 last night and setup 21885 on it. When I send a SMS from Sprint TP2 to a Verizon phone, it was received in 7 seconds. When I sent one to my Sprint TP2, it was received in 11 seconds.

Have you adjusted the server settings on the phone since you installed the ROM? Should be the same for your version.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

maxwellsmart is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28014/21885 |Dec 17| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHComputerGuy View Post
Go to start, settings, today.. On the items tab, uncheck windows default and check HTC Sense.. Get out of settings and back to today screen and you will be back to Max Manilla.. To get to the 16 tabs again, just flick your finger from the center of the screen out to the right or left edge of the screen..
Does this work on the 21885 ROM. I can't get it to go to that config screen anymore. The tab just slides to the settings tab or the contacts tab.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
I'm in your same boat. I wanted to have the christmas theme that Cmylxgo made so I tried NRG's rom again. still the same problems with memory management. You can't multitask whatsoever or the program will close. For example, I tried to leave Igo8 running on a long trip and then text message ppl. Every time I tried to come back to Igo it would be closed. same thing happens if you want to surf and do other things. I hope these memory management issues can be sorted out somehow.

Hopefully xmylxgo provides us with a cab
Quote:
I was having this same issue on a few ROMs back until I realized if you hit X (Close) or the Hard "Hangup" button to "minimize" an Application, it actually closes it. I have no idea how to shot that off. I shut that all of in QuickMenu but it made no difference.

Now I always use the Soft Start or Hard "Windows" button to "Navigate" to another app and things have stayed running in background on several of the latest ROMs fine. Or use Quick Menu. It's an old habit of mine using the Phone Hangup to "minmize" that I had to break the habit of with these ROMs the way they have been setup.

I think this behavior has changed a little on various ROMs as Energy has experimented with different Task Managers. But now I just never use the Hangup Button or the Close button on anything I want to leave running and it's been ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Hmm, I didn' have too many issues with multitasking on his ROMs, at least not with programs closing. One thing to watch out for, which caught me, making me think the program was crashing, was that he has the task manager defaulted to immediate shut down a program if you press the "X". Normally I am used to having to and HOLD the X for it to shut down a program. I always used the X to throw programs in the background without them closing. The X being set to close a program instantly caught me off guard.

You can change the X option in the Task manager setting on the System settings page.

**EDIT** mswlogo beat me to it. To mswlogo tho you can change the what the "X" works in the setting I mentioned above.
i believe 1999tl and i are talking about something different. it's not about closing apps via the x button at all. we both had to leave EnergyROM cause the memory would idle at a high amount after a few hours - often in the 80s (other ROMs will sit in the 60s all day long). So if you use a memory hog program like Opera Mobile 10, you won't be able to use it too long because it would just shut itself down due to low memory, even during use. I was just wondering if it's been fixed and will occasionally drop by to check cause i do love the ROMs otherwise and would switch as soon as i can heavily multitask. Plus i was hoping there was a cab for the Christmas theme somewhere in here
btw, this is all referring to 6.5 ROMs, not 6.5.3.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch PRo

loren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good workloren646 is keeping up the good work

Arrggggg...

i accidently put a program in the bottom part and i accidently click it and it says something like tweet and it keeps restarting my phone.

how do i remove it from this menu??? and why is this program even there?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development