PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28014/21885 |Dec 17| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren646 View Post
Arrggggg...

i accidently put a program in the bottom part and i accidently click it and it says something like tweet and it keeps restarting my phone.

how do i remove it from this menu??? and why is this program even there?
right softkey menu, remove quick links

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28014/21885 |Dec 17| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Ok. So someone finally got MMS working with HTC Messaging. I didn't do it. The thanks go to Ziggy. This was found working on MM ROM, and I got it working on NRG LEO Rom. Don't know if it matters (It really shouldn't) I am running 21885 with no Xmas stuff or maxmanilla.

my settings: (with mucho thanks to Ziggy!)
port: 80
http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms?X-SPRINT-MDN=<your 10 digit number here>
Connect Via: Sprint
Send Limit: 1024
Wap: None

These settings need to be placed in the HTC Messaging options. You will no longer need the native MMS app.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

rquinn19 is keeping up the good workrquinn19 is keeping up the good work

On the NRGZ website - Version 19Nov2009 Build 21869

Anxiously waiting!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbolt View Post
I just got my TP2 last night and setup 21885 on it. When I send a SMS from Sprint TP2 to a Verizon phone, it was received in 7 seconds. When I sent one to my Sprint TP2, it was received in 11 seconds.

Have you adjusted the server settings on the phone since you installed the ROM? Should be the same for your version.
Thanks again for the numbers.

I just tested between my wifes MotoQ phone and Mine. Takes 8-10 seconds in both directions. No Problem. It was the text to myself that was throwing me off.

When I send a text to myself it takes 1 min and 15 seconds. I think that is a sprint thing.

When I turn off Manila and Text to myself it won't even go out and knows it's me and goes direct to received. My wifes MotoQ does the same thing. So I can't test those environments to myself.

Since I don't text much, the big threads issue is not an issue to me. And I never restore texts.

I have seen even WM 6.1 bog down on my diamond (Stock ROM) with only a few 100 texts. And I had Touch Flow turned off on the diamond. It seems to use some critical resources to store text messages. The whole phone would bog down if too many texts were on it.

Last edited by mswlogo; 12-18-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:41 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
Ok. So someone finally got MMS working with HTC Messaging. I didn't do it. The thanks go to Ziggy. This was found working on MM ROM, and I got it working on NRG LEO Rom. Don't know if it matters (It really shouldn't) I am running 21885 with no Xmas stuff or maxmanilla.

These settings need to be placed in the HTC Messaging options. You will no longer need the native MMS app.
You were able to send and receive? I made those changes, get the sent successfully message but it's never received?
Old 12-18-2009, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

cwest06 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to cwest06 Send a message via MSN to cwest06 Send a message via Yahoo to cwest06

Quote:

Just a question. The part where you put the http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms(is there a ? and a X before the MDN or The ? the the MDN?
HTC Touch Diamond
HTC Touch (Thanks Channy)
Mogul 6800
PPC 6700
Treo 650
PPC 6600
Treo 600
MM 5600
Sanyo 8200
MM 5500
MM 4500
Sprint Employee 2000-2005
Old 12-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ROM looked great, unfortunately I had to remove it. I sync with Exchange and after I sync, I get a notification that changes have been made and I need to restart. Once I restart I can't install anything else. The only ROM's that work for me are from indagroove and jakdillard.

Maybe when I feel I don't need to be so connected to work, I will come back to this.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
ROM looked great, unfortunately I had to remove it. I sync with Exchange and after I sync, I get a notification that changes have been made and I need to restart. Once I restart I can't install anything else. The only ROM's that work for me are from indagroove and jakdillard.

Maybe when I feel I don't need to be so connected to work, I will come back to this.
interesting... see i asked this question before about work and exchange and people said all these custom ROMs work without a problem. is this not the case now? i ask cause i'm thinking about flashing a custom rom on a tp2 thats a christmas gift for someone and they use exchange for work.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

ajent is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to ajent Send a message via AIM to ajent Send a message via MSN to ajent Send a message via Yahoo to ajent

Quote:

I tried this, and did 2 test MMS messages, one 547kb and the other just 47. One was to an Instinct and the other to the S30 instinct. My phone showed MMS Sent successfully, which was great, however neither phone recieved the message I sent.
I did have the 2.1 fix installed however and just read that might be an issue, so doing a hard reset & will try again.
Edit:
Nope, still didn't work

Last edited by ajent; 12-18-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post

I don't have any problem. But I suspect it's how they (your work) setup certs.

Install everything you need then sync.

I am curious why some other ROMs work though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development