PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23519/21891 |Feb 4| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfto View Post
Can you share your lovely settings with me please. Been trying to get it to work for days for Sprint =D

Check the link in my signature... BTW... on this Feb4 rom I didn't install the disable cab. I just installed the Sprint MMS cab and mms works fine. You dont need to mess with any settings and it gives you a 5mb limit for sending
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

flashed to stock first then Feb 4 23518 and I just have to say.... This is the rom i've been waiting for! Stable/fast no memory issues yet. Of course many roms i've flashed have degraded over days to lockups/mem leaks other issues etc. I only install the sprintnav, s2p and nanogroove...

GREAT WORK! sitting at 70meg ram after a full night use/config/sleep. Battery life was excellent on the feb 1 version but it started devoloping issues after a day. I am crossing my fingers that the battery life is the same on this, but none of the issues start appearing.

WOOHOOO!!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff
Re: Deleting Emails Through Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryee34 View Post
2) Is there a definitive answer or instructions on how to install hd wall .cab wallpapers that occupy the entire homepage (top and bottom taskbar/softkey bars as well)?
There is a patch for HDWalls to use it with Sense 2.5.20113030. Since it would not work with BG4All installed NRGZ decided to stop cooking it in. Now we have a choice. They only problem with HDWalls is that the Landscape wallpaper is messed up. The files are installed but not used by the Sense UI. Some are using MaxTTM 4.1 but I haven't had any success with that at all.

Install the patch, SR, install your HDWalls cab and SR. That should do it.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!

Last edited by piedra92; 02-05-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Super EVO 4G

goldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargoldgrillshinin is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to goldgrillshinin

This Rom is a thing of Beauty.. Great Work NRG!!!

Old 02-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

PrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjr View Post
I am on Verizon as well, is your mms working through HTC? I have had mine working on NRG's rom's except this last one. No paper clip with receive and I cannot view received mms's, though I can send.
I am not sure if you got this resolved, but I do have both SMS and MMS working properly through HTC Messaging. Here is how I got it working.

Install the MMS Fix (Valkyrie) (attached) and let the phone reset

After phone comes back up, go to the messaging tab and click on "all messages"

Click on "Menu"

Click on "Settings"

Click on "Options"

Click on "Menu" again

Click on "MMS Server"

Click on "VZW"

Set the following:

Server Address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-VZW-MDN=(10 digit phone number)

Connect Via: My ISP

Send Limit: 1024 KB

WAP Version: None

Then make sure that VZW is set as the default (it should be already from installing the MMS fix)

I used those steps and can send and receive all messages through HTC messaging.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MMS Fix (M2.5) (Verizon) (Valkyrie).cab (3.48 MB, 64 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by PrsnlCrcl; 02-05-2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Lurker
Carrier: sprint

sharifsm is a n00b

newbie here,

do I install 23519 or 21891 or both.

also how to add remove programs from the org. 6.5 interface.nThe windows default. Also is it poosible to have yahoo chat like in 6.1. Not Palringo.?

Last edited by sharifsm; 02-05-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

dthames is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby2her View Post
Hey Guys,
I was able to get sprint mms working without installing any cabs. Under tools folder I used the messaging program.. then just changed the cdma settings server to mms.sprintpcs. com/servlets/mms

no space .. cant post links
Just I would share
sorry internet folder not tools...

Confirmed that those settings worked, i just installed the cab to make to the pic size 5mb and changed the server to the sprint address, works like a charm.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharifsm View Post
newbie here,

also how to add remove programs from the org. 6.5 interface.nThe windows default. Also is it poosible to have yahoo chat like in 6.1. Not Palringo.?
those are two diff versions of his rom... 23519 is a newer "cutting edge" type from what i understand and the 21891 is suposed to be more stable
Old 02-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

PrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharifsm View Post
newbie here,

23519 and 21891 are separat ROMs. They are different buids and the interface is a little different on each of them. You can only install one. It will come down to personal preference, but I like 23519 because it is a little more "finger friendly". On this ROM, the start menu is at the bottom of the screen. The 21891 ROM has the start menu at the top. I believe that this ROM is also supposed to be a bit more "stable" as the 23519 is a bit more cutting edge. I, personally, am not having issues with the 23519 ROM and am loving it. I am on Verizon so MMS is working through HTC Messaging.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:36 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyty1978 View Post
i love this rom, but is anyone else having the memory creep up as you go about your day? mine seems to start at around 54% then after a few hours of use its up to around 75% didnt know if maybe it was something that i installed or if this is common to everyone
That's normal with Sense 2.5. I've noticed it as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecn70 View Post
Memory usually goes up over time as things are cached to memory. Once it is needed for something else, it will be released.
It doesnt always get released unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
I am anxiously hopping the next release will include Max Manila.
No luck yet. MaxManila doesnt work with 2.5.2011 yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
lol had no idea checking hotfile could crash it
Almost.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrsnlCrcl View Post
I have run into this issue multiple times when flashing the 6.5 ROM. I was getting tired of having to call Verizon each time. My process when flashing to a new ROM is to flash to a verizon stock ROM first. I found that each time I went directly to the 6.5 ROM I ended up getting the authentication error and had to call Verizon. I think I found a way around it however. I have found that if I flash the 6.1 Stock ROM and then go to the 6.5 ROM I do not have this issue. I have used this process at least 3 times and have not had the authentication issue. I know it takes more time to flash the 6.1 ROM first, but at least you don't have to call Verizon.
If you only use custom ROMs, I dont see any reason why you have to flash to a stock before you flash a new ROM. ESPECIALLY if you only use Energy ROMs. I flash a few times a day, almost every day, and never had to flash to a stock ROM since I started doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
cant wait for new ROM.....

Donation sent...5N089495DB321814W
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
I never flash to stock rom i just flash the new one what is the difference?
There is none.. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwchan View Post
Cool! Thank you!
What is the free RAM on fresh bootup?
'bout 50%...

Quote:
Verizon users...MMS fix is still required to receive pictures (they send ok) and the keyboard fix is still required (as I would expect). I cannot believe how quick it is so far...I really like this one so far!!!!

I am running the 23519 ROM by the way.
Minding posting this fix ?

Quote:
Another thing I have noticed is that the physical windows key at the bottom of the phone brings up the start menu, not the quick menu like it did on the Feb. 1st ROM.

If you would like that back (like I did), you can go to the quick menu, go to option, and check the "Register win key of device" box. I always had a difficult time getting the menu to come up with my finger so i like mapping the windows key to bring it up.

It appears that the font size has not changed from the Feb. 1st ROM either.
Cant do anything about the fonts... its just the way it is. This Sense 2.5 was designed for a smaller screen (Topaz) therefore HTC decided to go with bigger fonts. It doesnt bother me personally..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadman View Post
I agree. I never understood why anyone would do this. So if I want to upgrade my computer from Vista to Windows 7, I should first reload XP, then load Windows 7? Just seems like a waste of time.
LOL.. definitely not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murducky View Post
Review on 23519 Leo build

Setup:
Error on setup "the file "AutoRun' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problems persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file."

This is because i have sashmi auto starting during the uc setup stage. mscr is not associated correctly.

Back to the HTC Startup Screen (I like it better than the nexus splash)

GPS: Works
Internet: Works
Weather Tab: Works My Location Works
Twitter Tab: Works

Speed:
Overall Speed: Fast

Sense Speed, Smooth & Fast
USCC MMS: Works after you add the server.

New:

Tools > TD2 Tools

Issues:
Data Icon. Looks like we are having the missing Sim Card White Icon again. We did not have it in the previous build.
I'll work on the white SIM card ugly icon... As far as mortscript... it runs fine, I use mortscript in the ROM to do a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moziah7 View Post
I must be in the minority in that I appear to be one of the few people who actually prefer the HTC Messenger!

It works well for me in this ROM.
I like it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cge10 View Post
y does the background look like shit? is it for speed or what because i would really like to get the original one back from like dec
That's the way it looks by default.. thank HTC for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
21891-considered more stable, 6.5 release from the com2 branch.
23519, com5 release, 6.5.5 rom, start button and soft keys on the bottom. new conversation mode in email.

its all preference really, 6.5 is more traditional and 6.5.5 is more cutting edge.
Welcome back buddy... bout time you got a "real" phone :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
yes... and seems it needs updating every 2 to 3 days wich is rediculous!
Why is that "rediculous" ?! You move around every 2-3 days dont you ? Or do you always stay in the same spot ?

Quote:
I am not able to answer the "why" on this, but it bothered me as well. Then I found out that HDWalls works on this ROM (and the Feb. 1st ROM). I use that and am using my own High Quality wallpaper. That was my solution. Let me know if you are interested and I can try to find the post that explained what settings to use in HDWalls.
There's no HQ wallpaper patch in this ROM because I have not found one that works well yet... The 1922 version has issues with the shortcuts from what I've noticed and I cant have that in my ROM if I can help it

Quote:
Originally Posted by heady4614 View Post
Im pretty sure NRGZ wouldnt appreciate that. you will just have to download it to see
I dont mind screenshots at all... I mind when people post the wallpapers in my ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
Thats the icon I'm getting. I didn't have it in the Feb 1st build but granted I just got the TP2 yesterday and this is my 2nd flash in 2 days.

On a side note...Love the rom NRGZ, 1st thing I did was load up your ROM.
Glad you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Anybody able to get showcase to work with this? When installed it will not allow sense to boot up...Even after disabling quick menu.
Showcase is a bad piece of software.. I'd stay away from it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cge10 View Post
here r the backgrounds.
Please dont post my wallpapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_ View Post
I doubt it's possible, but still hopeful...

Is there a way to get my Favorite People tab to be like the original where you have to flip through it?
Yes... You have to go flash Phoenix2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
I'm charging my phone to be at least 50% so I can flash the Feb 1st ROM, now I see there is a Feb 4th? downloading & charging now...
dont need to. put it in bootloader mode and you can flash with the battery at 1% if u want (yes... I have dont that before.. lmao)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlegend View Post
Running 21891 Feb 4 M2.5 on VZW. Just flashing but can't set up Exchange sync now? The domain is greyed out, and without it Exchange won't sync. I haven't had this issue with any other NRG ROM. Anyone else?
Sounds like you're doing something wrong..

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
Great work NRG as always.. Rom is super fast.. I finally fixed the rotation issue cause of some posted fixes.. But is anyone having issues with the wallpaper being cut in half in Landscape.. Never done this for me on previous versions..
It's normal from HTC like that.. the prev releases had "mods" cooked in to stop it from doing that This release doesnt..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
TBO I refuse to jump threw loops. I can cook my own and it (MMS) works perfect so I don't understand what the problem is exactly. I love NRGz ROMs but this has been an issue for a long time. Sucks. I will look at the info you provided THANKS! Back to ZONE-ROM!
Yeah right... If you can cook a Sense 2.5 ROM with HTC's Messaging app and have it working 100% I'll pay you to see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Anyone else having trouble typing in Opera? It's super slow. Maybe a setting?
It is slow.. I hate it too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha04 View Post
anyone know what happened to send receive all button
I removed it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknatas View Post
u have to install opera 10 beta 2 the one thats installed in there is opera 10 beta 2u... the 2u is no good and causes the lag when typing
Interesting.. I'll have to cook that in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryee34 View Post
1) Has anyone else experienced an issue deleting emails using the new "delete message" option via the manila email tab? If so, is this a known issue and is there a known solution? However, this is certainly not a big deal.

2) Is there a definitive answer or instructions on how to install hd wall .cab wallpapers that occupy the entire homepage (top and bottom taskbar/softkey bars as well)?

3) In addition, it seems sensible that somewhere in this thread (front page or maybe a completely new one) there should be a continuously updated list of which VERSIONS of programs, utilities and fixes CURRENTLY work with particular versions of the longer standing more popular ROMS like this one (heck! maybe I'll start a thread myself).
1. What IS the issue exactly ? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldgrillshinin View Post
Small bug I just noticed.. Maybe its just me and its no big deal but.. When you go to Landscape and scroll to the email tab is the mail tab in the middle of the screen or is that just on mine?
I've noticed it happening sometimes.. bug from HTC I"m sure.

Quote:
but this is annoying to have to see this this is the only rom that i seen have this problem i like this rom but this is the only thing that makes me not wanna use the damn thing cause of this issue and this shouldnt be a hard issue to fix dont know y its such a problem to be able to fix it
You sound like a spoiled brat. Dont forget what you got is free.. if you dont like it.. feel free to move on... thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_ View Post
^It seems he is trying to find a solution by posting about it.

Anyway, i'm loving this ROM. HTC Messaging is different to me (the version on this phone) but I'm getting used to it.
Doesnt look like it to me... Just a bunch of bitchin...

Quote:
homie im not a chef and i cant mess with this stuff like that if i could i would. i dont mind seeing a few small glitches here and there but text messaging is something that should be fixed cause that has to be the most used feature on any cell phone so it should take priority on fixing it.
It works just fine.. who cares about the damn light ? Pick up the phone and look at the message count if you're that concerned about it!

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 7 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development