PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Jan 20| ★ Sense 2.5 / MaxManila ★

K I havent edited anything different... Now all sound files are corrupt???? WTH!

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Switching to Android

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Look for Conflippers North American Data base but 1st....... download & load the database editor.. data base is hefty but it's the only way i can get my actual local weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardizidifer View Post
Did anyone notice that CityID is in this rom and works until you install carrier provisioning (sprint), then it no longer works. I found out because I recieved a call as soon as I was done flashing before I installed any additional programs and it showed the number with the name of the city and state under it. After I hung up the call, a message poped up on my screen saying "you're recieving a 15 day trial of CityID, would you like to purchase......". Everytime I flash a rom, the first thing I do after clear storage is install carrier provisioning. After that the next call I got, it didn't show the city of the number. I removed provisioning and called my cell from my house phone, then the city showed again. Even though I would love to have CityId, I also want my SprintTV, which I can't without Sprint provisioning. Now I just gotta contemplate on which I want more............
Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

can anyone tell me why the Cricket Mobile Web settings i enter in the advanced connection settings page instead of the default settings,(my isp, my work network), always get deleted or erased instead of saved.on every rom ive ever used i always setup both connection settings to the new Cricket settings that i configure into the connections/advanced connections page.as long as i set both connections settings to Cricket the internet,weather update,and GPS all work flawlessly.but on every version of energyrom ive tried on my TP2 the Cricket settings i create always get deleted and the connection settings always revert back to; My ISP and My Work Network.so my internet,weather,GPS wont work with this rom.ive tried everything i can think of.ive installed a Cricket carrier cab,Ryan Moguls Cricket Wap/Arcsoft cab, and ive tried to change the My Work Network settings to Cricket settings but the (settings-connections-advanced connections-network management) page always reverts back to My ISP somewhere on that page and renders my data connection useless.and i cannot alter the My ISP settings to work with Cricket.and i cannot delete the default My ISP or My Work Network settings either.and i configure the internet settings on energyrom on my Touch Pro the same way and i never hav any problems with it. it seems to only b a problem with Cricket flashed Touch Pro 2s and energyroms.bcuz i configure every other rom on my Cricket flashed Touch Pro 2 the same way and ive never had this problem with any rom xcept energyrom.if anyone knows of a solution to this i would greatly appreciate it bcuz energyroms r my favorite roms to use by far.its my only regret so far for switching to the TP2.if i wouldve known that i couldnt use energyrom on a Cricket flashed TP2 then i might have never even bought the TP2 and just stuck with the Touch Pro.please help.i know im not the only person with this problem.is there a registry edit or any solutions to this problem.any help would b greatly appreciated.thanks alot. L.B.Cary
Old 01-21-2010, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

fryjr82 is keeping up the good workfryjr82 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
Nothing but errors for youtube... get error code on all videos..
:: this video cannot be played
My 23518-Max plays the video but no sound. Juicy had this issue for the longest time also. No idea if it is fixable with a cab or if we have to wait for a new ROM.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiverjeff View Post
║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI║ ║01.20.2010║
That is not a 6.5.3 (beta) rom... there are far less errors for sure.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:01 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

what's with all text messages showing-GSM in the back?
also what's with the landscape wallpaper being cut off on one side? also it doesn't respond the changes when i set a new wallpaper in the landscape settings

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)

Last edited by twe90kid; 01-21-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, TP, TP2, Evo 4G

proxcee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryjr82 View Post
My 23518-Max plays the video but no sound. Juicy had this issue for the longest time also. No idea if it is fixable with a cab or if we have to wait for a new ROM.
i think the main reason you get "cant play video" errors in youtube is because most of the memory is being hogged.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: -VZW-

shmackitup is just getting started

So the Jan 20 23518 MaxManila 2.82 Rom is annoying the hell out of me... The phone auto-locks after about 30 seconds and this is really annoying when trying to use TomTom Navigator... In all previous ROMS this didn't happen. Is there a way to disable this new auto-lock feature... and it's not the auto-lock in MaxManila either... that is off. It is some setting somewhere else and it's really aggravating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Switching to Android

I doubt that.. on my tp2 atleast, this is the 1st rom I still have 62% free just letting it sit there doing nothing which it hasn't done that in like 6 versions back!.. Don't know whats different but thats just letting it sit there testing usage. Now it also gains mem back if something doesn;t close which it wasn;t doing before.

data staying open is not as persistant. but a slight but not all the time issue of not calling data connect when needed on a few programs including wweather. it's slow getting fixed. Leo 2.02 & above I beleive is going to run much smoother. just need to work kinks out more slowly before using nwer version which will make newer versions easier to cook down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxcee View Post
i think the main reason you get "cant play video" errors in youtube is because most of the memory is being hogged.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
I doubt that.. on my tp2 atleast, this is the 1st rom I still have 62% free just letting it sit there doing nothing which it hasn't done that in like 6 versions back!.. Don't know whats different but thats just letting it sit there testing usage. Now it also gains mem back if something doesn;t close which it wasn;t doing before.

data staying open is not as persistant. but a slight but not all the time issue of not calling data connect when needed on a few programs including wweather. it's slow getting fixed. Leo 2.02 & above I beleive is going to run much smoother. just need to work kinks out more slowly before using nwer version which will make newer versions easier to cook down the road.
dude the 23518 rom has serious mem issues. it starts off at 60meg and slowly drops to about 20meg. You can look yourself by going to settings/system/memory

I did find though that if you stop senseui then start it again it might fix the mem leak/drain. i'm holding at 50meg for the first time ever after a couple hours running.

when your mem drops too low you will get things like apps closing themselves and random weird things... i even had my calendar tab erroring. For instance my camera would lock up the phone taking a picture.

Last edited by solarflarex; 01-21-2010 at 09:29 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development