PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jambaj0e is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Once the 16 shortcuts cab is updated for this new Dec 31 ROM, can you include that into your ROM so from the beginning, we will already have 16 shortcuts to choose from. I don't think anyone would complain in having 16 shortcuts in Manila compared to 9
Old 01-04-2010, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambaj0e View Post
I don't think anyone would complain in having 16 shortcuts in Manila compared to 9
you would be wrong there, a lot of people don't like the look of the 4 wide shortcuts (it doesn't look right on the home screen). A lot of people wanted more shortcuts, but still with the original three wide home screen look.

There where a bunch of posts on this a while back.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:52 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Is there a fix for the unread SMS icon always saying theres 1 unread SMS even though they are all read?
Old 01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Welcome to about 2 months ago
I think what that poster meant was that HTC messaging is working fine for Sprint with the latest roms. I posted in the HTC MMS fix thread and here about it a few weeks ago but basically whereas we (sprint users) had to get rid of htc completely it now works for everything except sending mms but its working side by side with arcsoft with no issues at all.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:50 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzakre View Post
I think what that poster meant was that HTC messaging is working fine for Sprint with the latest roms. I posted in the HTC MMS fix thread and here about it a few weeks ago but basically whereas we (sprint users) had to get rid of htc completely it now works for everything except sending mms but its working side by side with arcsoft with no issues at all.
I know what he meant... ive been doing that since 21864 without disabling htc messaging lol
Old 01-04-2010, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I know what he meant... ive been doing that since 21864 without disabling htc messaging lol
geez. the HTC messaging is such crap, why do you guys even care?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:25 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Different strokes
Old 01-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Arrow Re: |R|6.5.3|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" 28011/21885 |Dec 31| ★ Sense 2.5/ MaxManila/ Dusk

P.S. Forgot to mention. I did this on a clean rom with no modifications to messaging what so ever! If you made changes already can not say what your out come will be!

This is a provisioning error in msging
Ok I was going to cab this but... you still have to go to registry to add your phone number. So since it is easy to do think we all should know these little tweaks to make things right. Any errors please let me know..

I hope this works for you guys, it does work for me. I'm not required to load pics seperatly either.

Go to messages click all messages
Click menu
click Options
click menu again
Click MMS Server
Click on Verizon ( if verizon is not listed just click new)

Check that port number is 80, NOT 8080
Server Address for Verizon: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-...ourphonenumber (include =1 infront of phone number Site wont [post it right =19998887777 example)
Choose whatever connection you are connecting to the internet with.
Send limit 1024 (working on getting this changed to a larger file that wont reset whem turning phone off and back on)
Wap Version None.
click Done THEN click Menu & Choose Default then click OK.

Go to total commander plugins & choose registry
Navigate to HKLM\Software\Jataayu\MMS\Profile
Check that the MMSCURL is the same as Server Address above.
Name = Verizon
Send limit - 1223680 ( lets a bigger pic send but seems to revert back to 1024. working on this issue. This is Verizons default)
Also under Profiles check that 000 profile reads the same as some programs are set to use 000 profile.

Navigate to HKLM\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\MMS\Profile\CDMA
This needs to be the same as server address etc as listed above.

Navigate to HKLM\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\MMS\Profile\GSM (GSM is supposed to be embedded on Verizon)
Make sure all this is also identical.
Navigate to HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\arcsoft mms us\config\mm1\wspheader
Profile should read: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Send limit size 1223680 (which seems to reset on this rom but this is also the default copied from verizon stock)
(it is not necessary to change the user-agent or w-wap-profile due to customization of rom)
Make sure that Wspheader2 reads the same.

Now due to mmspreferrednetwork & smspreferrednetwork being the same calling for connection 2 you do need to add the following if you haven't already to your network connection. (Sorry sprint users dont have a sprint phone)

go to settings\connections\connections\advanced\ and click select networks (normally the default the system is using will be the 1st option. normally with leo it's My Isp and click edit
If you only have my connection with #777 you need to do the following:

Click new
For name of connection enter Verizon
select modem is Cellular line
click next
enter emgsm.vzw3g.com click next
USer name: phonenumber@ emgsm.vzw3g.com (normally this wont show up on stock as its supposed to be embedded)
password: vzw
Click finish.
Reset ( turn phone off and on)

Now I have pics automatically loading when the message comes in and dont have to download seperatly. MMS is working for me.
Something else I noticed is you may have to do a *228 oprion 2 to update your radio. It does help with the annoying popup issue when you may be a considered roaming area. (not as bad on 28011 as it is on 218*** roms) But this will help sink your radio locally.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.

Last edited by clueless25; 01-05-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: updated
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

djalbanian is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to djalbanian

Hello guys i been running nrg's leo 21xxx 2.5 with landscape, The rom is of course not as fast as the 2.1 version, but im just giving it a try anyway. My issue atm is where is the action left soft key that is in 2.1. I see on the screen shot its included but the rom itself does not display it. Any help would be apprectiated...if this has been answered before I apologize, too lazy to read 500+ pages. Thanks guys

P.S : After replying to a text message on tfl3d, where is the back button that was also in 2.1 to send me back to tfl3d...very confusing on y the back left soft key wouldnt be there, how are we supposed to get back?

Last edited by djalbanian; 01-04-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
This is a provisioning error in msging
Ok I was going to cab this but... you still have to go to registry to add your phone number. So since it is easy to do think we all should know these little tweaks to make things right. Any errors please let me know..

I hope this works for you guys, it does work for me. I'm not required to load pics seperatly either.

Go to messages click all messages
Click menu
click Options
click menu again
Click MMS Server
Click on Verizon ( if verizon is not listed just click new)

Check that port number is 80, NOT 8080
Server Address for Verizon: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms?X-...ourphonenumber (include =1 infront of phone number Site wont [post it right 19998887777 example)
Choose whatever connection you are connecting to the internet with.
Send limit 1024 (working on getting this changed to a larger file that wont reset whem turning phone off and back on)
Wap Version None.
click Done THEN click Menu & Choose Default then click OK.

Go to total commander plugins & choose registry
Navigate to HKLM\Software\Jataayu\MMS\Profile
Check that the MMSCURL is the same as Server Address above.
Name = Verizon
Send limit - 1223680 ( lets a bigger pic send but seems to revert back to 1024. working on this issue. This is Verizons default)
Also under Profiles check that 000 profile reads the same as some programs are set to use 000 profile.

Navigate to HKLM\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\MMS\Profile\CDMA
This needs to be the same as server address etc as listed above.

Navigate to HKLM\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\MMS\Profile\GSM (GSM is supposed to be embedded on Verizon)
Make sure all this is also identical.
Navigate to HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\arcsoft mms us\config\mm1\wspheader
Profile should read: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
Send limit size 1223680 (which seems to reset on this rom but this is also the default copied from verizon stock)
(it is not necessary to change the user-agent or w-wap-profile due to customization of rom)
Make sure that Wspheader2 reads the same.

Now due to mmspreferrednetwork & smspreferrednetwork being the same calling for connection 2 you do need to add the following if you haven't already to your network connection. (Sorry sprint users dont have a sprint phone)

go to settings\connections\connections\advanced\ and click select networks (normally the default the system is using will be the 1st option. normally with leo it's My Isp and click edit
If you only have my connection with #777 you need to do the following:

Click new
For name of connection enter Verizon
select modem is Cellular line
click next
enter number: emgsm.vzw3g.com click next
USer name: emgsm.vzw3g.com (normally this wont show up on stock as its supposed to be embedded)
password: vzw
Click finish.
Reset ( turn phone off and on)

Now I have pics automatically loading when the message comes in and dont have to download seperatly. MMS is working for me.
Something else I noticed is you may have to do a *228 oprion 2 to update your radio. It does help with the annoying popup issue when you may be a considered roaming area. (not as bad on 28011 as it is on 218*** roms) But this will help sink your radio locally.
cool and thanks,im trying it now!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development