PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

QQ: Is this build good for downloading Android app once we upgrade to this ROM? I am very confused. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
"All good things have to come to an end....."

Well it's been a great ride. It started so long ago with a Casio ppc and windows CE. I moved up to Axim's, were I got my first custom ROM. Then came an htc titan, 2 Touch pros, and 2 Touch pro 2's. And about a million energy roms.

Today was upgrade day and I fully intended to get a new windows mobile phone, but 2 things got in the way:

The first was a an inexpensive tablet I bought 3 weeks ago. After rooting it and playing around I realized that the learning curve on Android was not that bad.

The second was the TP7. It's just a souped up pro. I never use the key board and the bottom line was that USCC just wasn't giving me a cutting edge option.

In the end I gave a big sigh and wiped a tear and left with a Motorola electrify. No regrets and no looking back.

I would like, though, to say thanks to all those on this and other forums who made this such a gas. There are way to many to thank individually, so thank you all. And the biggest thanks to NRGZ. It's really has been a great ride.

Well as the man says, when the play is over get off the stage. Farewell.

Sent from my NXM726HN on the PPCGeeks App

Last edited by swlaraut; 02-26-2012 at 12:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I just might be the last person on the planet running a Touch Pro 2 with this ROM. I have a spare phone, and I have no plans to change at the moment. I am so disappointing with the Win Phone 7 phones both in Hardware and the OS it self. I'll be putting together a list of my concerns, and posting it in the main forum. I am just not sure if I should post it under Phone 7 or 6.5.

My phone is running pretty well. I have some days it's not so good, but overall it's pretty solid. Much better than it came from the factory and verizon. I have hot spot, I have offline synchronization, I have most everything I want. I sacrifice speed and a bit of reliability for it.. Anyone else still here?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

deuce01 is just getting started

There are a few of us still here . I'm running Energy on my TP2 and am furious at Verizon for not picking up the Nokia L900. Thinking about switching to AT&T but there coverage is spotty in my area. So, maybe I'll sell my old Moto 9Qc and TP2 and buy a used Trophy off of eBay to tide me over until WP8 comes out and "hope" that The Droid Network picks up a few good options.

So, while I'm here, does anyone know of a good RAM cleaner that works well on the Energy ROMs? I used to use CleanRAM but it would lock up the phone sometimes. I'm running short on memory and need a good tool to use instead of "Restart" .

Thanks and good to see a bit of activity in the Dinosaur Boneyard that is the WM6.5 community. Happy Lurking!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I do not use a RAM Cleaner, Once I got my settings just right, I found that I never had problems. I restart each night automatically, and life's been good.. At least in that regard. I am very unhappy with Verizon and I am out of contract. They have not a single decent windows phone. The trophy is a toss off. So that they can say they have a windows phone. I am looking at the Titan II, but it almost does not make sense to move from the TP2. I lose a lot. Someone recommended I look at a Windows Phone 7 Custom ROM... Hmmm..

I guess I will start hunting around for WP8 to learn more....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i will probably be the last person in the world running a tp2. unless sprint allows me to change phones (sero user!). but until then, this is the best phone i can have and to be honest its fine. it still does everything any fancy new phone can.... and now that they are $60 used all day long on ebay, i dont even worry about having a thick protective case on it. just run it naked with a clear screen protector. if it gets damaged, its just $60!

running the silence rom right now though. energy roms are on the slow side for me....

Last edited by resinis; 03-27-2012 at 10:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:25 AM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Sprint SERO 500, so yep TP2 still being utilized to abuse data...29022 July 4th Energy Build/XDAndroid FRX7.1 for those Infrastructure AP needs.

Enjoy using the Arrive -Hard Spl and using a Hotspot friendly ROM. Have a total of 6 - lines for parents & sibilings. (2- Arrives, an EVO Shift, an iPhone 4S, and an Energy Sense 3.5 Apps2SD EVO 4G are on an Everything Data Plus Family Plan with a company discount)

Sprint has not made SERO cost efficient to switch from the TP2 - $10 fo Gilr most smartphones and another $10 if it is an iPhone or has 4G (No WiMax in Arizona -except Gilbert/Baseline think they Clear was testing..)

I will ditch SERO and retire my TP2 late 2013 early 2014 when Sprint has decent LTE coverage and I may have a dual or quad core HTC Slider with 1.5GB-RAM (preferably 2GB+) Android or Windows - doesn't matter.

Windows Phone 7/7.5/8 is soo much more stable, BUT Microsoft is much more anti-Homebrewing than ever...making progress a real struggle.

Only gripe I really have with Android -other than,not seeing ad-hoc's in stock config - is the kernel mishaps. (In WinMo - a ROM either supported a feature or it did not. Android will boot and all will seem well until you try some ROM feature that then only works with a certain kernel that breaks another feature...Archer-esque "Hooray!")

Sprint LTE - even if they don't cover my exact area as long as it frees up 3G and I can pull down 1+MB all day - I am legit. (But LTE at an average of 15+MBps has me saving coin. 60-120MB peaks -Window Mobile revival needed...er they are calling it Enterprise now...Motorola ES400S)
Old 03-30-2012, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm still around and my son is still running the ROM. Just had to reflash it for him because he got a blue screen stating the ROM could not be loaded.

On that note, what do you all use to backup the settings, contacts, text messages and such?

thanks
dave
Old 04-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Cricket

Trumpethorse is a n00b

I`m still using my TP2 still going strong with my energy rom. people still freak out & ask me how they can get it or when they talk all about there new phone, see mine & shut up... lol Thanks ... so sad there hasn't been any new updates though
Old 04-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

johnson9203 is a n00b

NRGZ28 r u making any ROMs for android (motorola photon 4g)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development