PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 08:48 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)
Carrier: Sprint

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Man im tempted to just say damn the mms and enable my manila messaging again. Personally I actually like the manila messaging. I wonder would there be a way to get sprint picture mail working as a work around for mms and still use manila messaging.
There is...you could always use the sMMS program. I've attached the cab for your convenience...
Attached Files
File Type: cab smmssetupfull.cab (238.0 KB, 118 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |CR|6.5.1|ROM|WWE| ★ EnergyROM "Leo" (23081/21864) ★ |Oct 25| ★ Latest Manila 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boushh View Post
pastert33;

1. haven't tried. I actually disabled manila's contact manager because it was kind of worthless to me without the messenging.

2. Yes I have and it took forever but worked just fine.
It found all your album covers?? How many songs are we talking about?
Old 11-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

ace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
depends on "official" i guess. ace's fix has two cabs and mine has 3. so far none of ace's fixes worked for me so frankly i stopped using them and with the help of many other people, came up with what i'm using. so. when asked for help, and i'm online, i send them to my posting and not ace's.
Well they've worked for EVERYONE else

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongus View Post
Thanks for all the help...Ace's solution seems to work for me. I'm using 21864 ROM
See, another that it worked lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verm View Post
sombody woke up with a case of the "wednesdays"
Or just woke up to the complaining, needy, selfish forum-goers Life would be great if we all searched and read LOL. And thank you, Verm.....nicely said below...

Quote:
After goin thru 1500+ posts in just this thread alone, I've come to a few conclusions...

RTFM RTFM RTFM... the FAQ is at the top of the post. 90% of this thread is people repeating themselves.

Occasionally I may break the monotony with mild humor, please don't take it personally.

Boushh NEEDS coffee on Wednesdays.

You have my support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
+1 I thought of the idea late last night and it worked, I can download and view MMS through the HTC massaging app but can't send them, I downloaded the sMMS Someguy cab and now I send them through the sMMS app.

I just have to figure how to sent using the HTC app
I can get it to say "sent" but the other party don't get them
Don't bother with trying to get the HTC Messaging Client MMS to work....we've tried, and we realized that it just slows down too much, with a few SMS messages. lol.

Quote:
I still don't think he's had his coffee yet....
Oh the jokesters...

Quote:
I think I answered you're question quite thorough in hopes of helping you.... That makes me sensitive???? IIRC I wasn't the one that had a tantrum and wrote in huge letters that there was "no way" to change it...
Exactly.........I was hoping he was just talking about the guy you answered, or just joking.

Quote:
Wow Verm! you actually posted something something useful!
HAHAAA, and then he tells you to get more coffee

Oh and Verm, I like your signature, now if only newbs would read ur sig, and notice that they have to read the FAQ for their keyboard and all.....lol. Don't worry, we'll still here that question, every...single...day.

But your signature's a good link list to our FAQ that needs to be bumped up to the front page a bit...still waiting for a moderator to do that!

Quote:
Anyone know what was fixed in the new 6.5.1 release (23081) on Nov. 3rd?
Just the same as the other versions...nothing changed on the WinMo core, I believe.

Thanks to Boushh for answering lots of questions! Looks like the thread is in good hands And Verm, you too are helping out, I appreaciate that too! Maybe I'll find time to update Wingster more now, so thanks guys!! You've been doing great, keep it up.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
It found all your album covers?? How many songs are we talking about?
I have about 10GB of music on my storage card. Like I said, it took forever! I think I let it run for about an hour or so, but eventually, it worked.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv-6600 / xv-6700 / xv-6800 / TouchPro / TouchPro2

Verm is keeping up the good workVerm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace10134 View Post
Thanks to Boushh for answering lots of questions! Looks like the thread is in good hands And Verm, you too are helping out, I appreaciate that too! Maybe I'll find time to update Wingster more now, so thanks guys!! You've been doing great, keep it up.
Wow... kudos from yon high.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now

Now that I have ace's attention... Changelog?

lolx

MMS buggin? READ THE FAQ!
Keyboard trippin? READ THE FAQ!
Activesync slackin? READ THE FAQ!
GPS getting you down? READ THE FAQ!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thanks" are always appreciated if I've helped you in some way.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: T-Mobile

ace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on repace10134 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Wow... kudos from yon high.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now

Now that I have ace's attention... Changelog?

lolx
Like boushh said, it was posted earlier, but here ya go...
Changes from 10/25 to 11/3 (21864/23081)
New theme (clock, slider, etc), and Opera Mobile 9.7 has been added in addition to the existing Opera Mobile 9.5. Also, MMS works, if you do the workaround from the FAQ. And you know where the FAQ is
Old 11-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Quote:
Now that I have ace's attention... Changelog
Quote:
Changes in 11/3 - Slider Icon Overlays fixed, and Google Maps should work again. That's what NRG said.Changes from 10/25 to 11/2
New theme (clock, slider, etc), and Opera Mobile 9.7 has been added in addition to the existing Opera Mobile 9.5. Lockscreen was fixed too. MMS works, if you do the fix from the FAQ.
found it.

edit: found it to slow...
Old 11-04-2009, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Well they've worked for EVERYONE else
if you remember, we started trying to find a solution for the mms not long after the unlocker came out, it was a problem for all the cooks and for all of us flashing. i had already been working on a solution with others when i started testing files for you. so. after several tests, the other folks came up with a solution before you did. that simple. so i started using their solution instead of yours. your last solution i never tried. really no reason to. the solution i have works and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

so. that's the only reason why i don't use yours. not because i think the one i'm using is better. my reasoning is nothing personal at all. and as long as i post, i will always point people in the direction of the fix i use simply because i have used it if i'm online and asked for help. and if you notice the postings today, i've been on helping people a big portion of the morning (until my boss put one of my projects in fast track - than i have to stop playing and start working).
Old 11-04-2009, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv-6600 / xv-6700 / xv-6800 / TouchPro / TouchPro2

Verm is keeping up the good workVerm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Like boushh said, it was posted earlier, but here ya go...
Changes from 10/25 to 11/3 (21864/23081)
New theme (clock, slider, etc), and Opera Mobile 9.7 has been added in addition to the existing Opera Mobile 9.5. Also, MMS works, if you do the workaround from the FAQ. And you know where the FAQ is
is there an updated known bugs list for 23081? im thinking about goin to it but i think i read somewhere in the previous 1500+ posts that there was issue with the SD card? but im also hearin people that have it say its workin great. i guess im looking to produce a side by side comparison of the 2 to allow people to make better informed decisions on which to choose.

alternatively... if theres anyone or anyones out there that wanna PM me their known issues for each version of the Nov 3rd release, i could whip something up nice and pretty for all to see.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
is there an updated known bugs list for 23081? im thinking about goin to it but i think i read somewhere in the previous 1500+ posts that there was issue with the SD card? but im also hearin people that have it say its workin great. i guess im looking to produce a side by side comparison of the 2 to allow people to make better informed decisions on which to choose.

alternatively... if theres anyone or anyones out there that wanna PM me their known issues for each version of the Nov 3rd release, i could whip something up nice and pretty for all to see.
i tried the 23081 version today. i really liked the graphics. a lot. it seems to have problems with syncing tho. not really sure why. i had to hard reset and it came back and started syncing. then after i installed all my crap, it stopped syncing again. so i ended up switching back to an older build.

that being said. i think everyone is going to like the newer version once it's perfected. bike has touch pro rom that my wife is running that uses a newer build. she loves it.

Edit. oh yeah. i forgot. i really do miss the calling feature that when you recieve a call, it says what city and state the call if from. the newer build has that feature. i really hated to lose it.

Last edited by DarkLord; 11-04-2009 at 09:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development