PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

I've been doing some thinking.

Would it be possible for the forum moderators to grant a few of us access to maintain a few posts that would answer all of the regular questions regarding this ROM?

I can see the concern from both sides. Yes there are now more than 1300 pages to go through so searching is quite cumbersome. There are also many different versions and duplicates of files that have been uploaded so clicking on the paperclip is becoming less effective. At the same time, those who help a lot and have been on the forum for some time get annoyed when having to answer the same question over and over again.

There is so much info regarding this ROM, and right now, it is spread out throughout this entire thread. If a few of us could create and update posts, the knowledge would be centralized and much easier for newcomers to access.

I remember when I first came to this forum I did not have a clue what was going on. It would be nice to share what I have learned and give back to this great community we have here.

We all have busy schedules, and there are times where I cannot get on the forum for a couple of days. So maybe a select group could be elected to maintain so when one is gone, the rest can help.

These are just a few ideas. I am not experience enough to handle something like this on my own, but I would like to help. What do you guys think?
Old 03-14-2010, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium Touch Pro2

bsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbsarlo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |R|6.5.5|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23542/21892 |Mar 7| ★ Sense 2.5.2012 / MaxManil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmethod3 View Post

Would it be possible for the forum moderators to grant a few of us access to maintain a few posts that would answer all of the regular questions regarding this ROM?

I can see the concern from both sides. Yes there are now more than 1300 pages to go through so searching is quite cumbersome. There are also many different versions and duplicates of files that have been uploaded so clicking on the paperclip is becoming less effective. At the same time, those who help a lot and have been on the forum for some time get annoyed when having to answer the same question over and over again.

There is so much info regarding this ROM, and right now, it is spread out throughout this entire thread. If a few of us could create and update posts, the knowledge would be centralized and much easier for newcomers to access.

I remember when I first came to this forum I did not have a clue what was going on. It would be nice to share what I have learned and give back to this great community we have here.

We all have busy schedules, and there are times where I cannot get on the forum for a couple of days. So maybe a select group could be elected to maintain so when one is gone, the rest can help.

These are just a few ideas. I am not experience enough to handle something like this on my own, but I would like to help. What do you guys think?
+1

I am definitely willing to assemble all info and maintain attachments (with the help of the regular experts of course)
Old 03-14-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

TheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuffTheShade001 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShade001 View Post
I just flashed the 3/13 23xxx cookie. GPS, phone, internet and texting all work fine. AGPS and Location setting are turned on. I am sure it is just coincidence and not the ROM but the weather tab gives me the error, "There was a connection error while attempting to download weather data. Retry?" I am guessing the accuweather servers are down?

Anyone else having problems downloading weather data today?
Thanks shaolinsoldier. That helps to know.

Interestingly, the "My Location" weather updates with no problems. I only get the error when trying to update any other city that i have added. Hmm.

*EDIT* I was not referring to custom added cities. I get the error on the default cities already listed.

Last edited by TheShade001; 03-14-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800

BlaqueMann is just getting started

Need advice. Whic version of the Rom on Hotfile is the most current for the TP2? Dont see a 21892, also what hot fixes will I need with the rom?

Last edited by BlaqueMann; 03-14-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mrwilly is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
Anyone having more frequent arcswitch crashes, with 3/13 cookie ROM?
nope, no crashes here
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Items related to the current roms are located at last pages... Other then the 1st page where NRG rom creator may have updated the current rom log file.

cabs etc are on the main list page.. You will see a paperclip with each thread name. This paper clip is where you can quickly download cabs.

Fixes listed throughout may or may not be relevant to current rom. It's best to copy to notepad and when you need or want to try them, you have them.( just remember to back the file up if you redo your system.. Don't ask..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmethod3 View Post

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TITAN, RHODIUM
Carrier: VZW, Sprint

princeofppc is just getting started

i updated the latest 235XX rom mar-13th, my weather tab is not working, how did you guys make it work?
Old 03-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff

Quote:

Interestingly, the "My Location" weather updates with no problems. I only get the error when trying to update any other city that i have added. Hmm.

*EDIT* I was not referring to custom added cities. I get the error on the default cities already listed.
You know, I only have my location running, I don't have any other cities. So I just added one, and it uploaded fine also...

Last edited by shaolinsoldier79; 03-14-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-14-2010, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TITAN, RHODIUM
Carrier: VZW, Sprint

princeofppc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofppc View Post
i updated the latest 235XX rom mar-13th, my weather tab is not working, how did you guys make it work?

it works now after i reset my phone.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Quote:

Same here. Stopped updating today. Saw a few reports in other threads of the same issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development