PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 03:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [15/11/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R3 [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronusX View Post
Neither MMS or SMS work for Sprint for R3. I tested to send it to myself using ARc Soft, result in retry.
Would try Hard Resetting or re-flashing, cuz SMS should work just fine. I have done multiple tests to myself, my wife etc. And receive works fine as well. Again this is me, but I am on Sprint. MMS on the other hand, using HTC MMS App times out as always, which I expected, it just isn't ready for Sprint. But the JMZ Fix that Juicy put in you go to Albums, select your picture, and tell it to send via Mail and select SMS/MMS. And it sends just fine, but nothing is ever received at the recipient. But I can receive and open just fine any messages sent to me.

Last edited by cflynt; 11-16-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Would try Hard Resetting or re-flashing, cuz SMS should work just fine. I have done multiple tests to myself, my wife etc. And receive works fine as well. Again this is me, but I am on Sprint. MMS on the other hand, using HTC MMS App times out as always, which I expected, it just isn't ready for Sprint. But the JMZ Fix that Juicy put in you go to Albums, select your picture, and tell it to send via Mail and select SMS/MMS. And it sends just fine, but nothing is ever received at the recipient. But I can receive and open just fine any messages sent to me.

That's weird, I can't send SMS too...after just reading what happened I sent some out. Nothing...oh no
Old 11-16-2009, 03:48 AM
VIP Member

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Doh, very odd. You guys installed the Sprint Carrier cab that Juicy included didn't you?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Doh, very odd. You guys installed the Sprint Carrier cab that Juicy included didn't you?

I think I know the problem. I'm using SMS Chat and for some reason it wouldn't send w/ SMS Chat. It will send w/ HTC Messaging though. Crap..that means I'm stuck using that crazy lagging text msg thing?!
Old 11-16-2009, 03:58 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Hey where is the "Owner Information" screen...I need to have that for some software activation!...is it cooked in somewhere?
Old 11-16-2009, 04:02 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Hey where is the "Owner Information" screen...I need to have that for some software activation!...is it cooked in somewhere?

Nervermind...getting late!
Old 11-16-2009, 04:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work

Yes I have Sprint so I installed Sprint Jzm. Is Sprint version have issue? For futher information, send sms via HTM messaging works but not via outlook sms.
Quote:
Old 11-16-2009, 04:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

IcyStorm is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock5 View Post
Icystorm,

Are you using hotmail or any other email that backs up your contacts when you first sync up?
Nope. I don't sync email addresses before syncing my contacts and Facebook (and I don't sync email with Outlook at all).

Verizon here, SMS confirmed working... haven't tried MMS. Haven't tried tethering either out of fear >_>

Oh, and the SMS sent notification is back :[
Old 11-16-2009, 04:10 AM
VIP Member

Just as an FYI, SMS still works fine here. But wanted to go back on my saying earlier on receiving. BY DEFAULT when I receive an MMS, I get it, it downloads it but I can't get to the message using HTC's MMS Tab. Anyways, I guess when I was testing earlier I had already installed the HTC Disable cab. And was using the WM Messaging. If you install that CAB and then when you get the message, you should be able to tap on the Message TAB and then tap on All Messages and the message should be in there. Sorry was testing too many things at the time heh. Regardless though, sending still isn't functioning. Or should I say it is functioning but just not actually going out. I will look more into that tomorrow at work.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Just as an FYI, SMS still works fine here. But wanted to go back on my saying earlier on receiving. BY DEFAULT when I receive an MMS, I get it, it downloads it but I can't get to the message using HTC's MMS Tab. Anyways, I guess when I was testing earlier I had already installed the HTC Disable cab. And was using the WM Messaging. If you install that CAB and then when you get the message, you should be able to tap on the Message TAB and then tap on All Messages and the message should be in there. Sorry was testing too many things at the time heh. Regardless though, sending still isn't functioning. Or should I say it is functioning but just not actually going out. I will look more into that tomorrow at work.

SMS must be sent through HTC Messaging in order for it to work. Other clients such as outlook and SMS Chat doesn't work. Same thing w/ what he said about the MMS

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development