PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 12:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/27/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R7 (21887) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Does anybody have Swype working in R7??

I have reinstalled it twice & it shows in the KB listing, but when I click on it it always switches back to the stock HTC KB??

~John
Old 12-30-2009, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

craiggiarc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

I have reinstalled it twice & it shows in the KB listing, but when I click on it it always switches back to the stock HTC KB??

~John
It worked for me but only after a soft reset.

Craig
Old 12-30-2009, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
R8 - IN DEVELOPMENT
================================================== ====
[#] Landscape Manila 2.5 & supporting apps
[#] Restored custom Ev icon
[#] ring & vibe fix
[#] fixed YouTube sound issues
...full changelog to come

Woooo! With the facebook album fix added we're looking at a nearly perfect rom! Holding off on R7 because of the youtube sound, which is working in R6.

I'm curious to know what was mysteriously causing the youtube sound bug all this time?
Old 12-30-2009, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

slvrdrgn123 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkellsam View Post
Woooo! With the facebook album fix added we're looking at a nearly perfect rom! Holding off on R7 because of the youtube sound, which is working in R6.

I'm curious to know what was mysteriously causing the youtube sound bug all this time?
Agreed. R8 looks to be a very complete ROM. Right now I have R7 working almost perfect, with Youtube sound being the only problem. Other than that, everything else works great. HTC Messaging works smoothly with MMS, Swype works well, no ringer problems, everything just works. Thanks Juicy.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:42 AM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:

~John
It was working for me on Sprint...but I was having lock ups and freezes, which all went away once I removed it...sad to say goodby to it, but the resets really suck, especially having to take off my Sedio and then the back...arrggg...(time to drill!)
Old 12-30-2009, 06:20 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I am still running R3 as absolutely EVERYTHING (including MMS send/receive etc) was working perfectly.

Just lately however, I started getting the "no ring on incoming call" problem. I really haven't changed anything in the system & this is kinda puzzling.

I did a hard reset last night & restored an SPB Backup from 12/20 as the ringer was working fine at that point. The ringer immediately started working & I figured "great, the problem is fixed".

The problem is, it happened again today at work. I have the phone set to ring & vibrate. It ALWAYS vibrates, but some of the time it only vibrates & fails to ring (& it never gives any kind of error)

Is there any fix for this?? I really love my current setup & REALLY don't want to go to a different ROM just to fix one single problem......

~John
OMG, I don't believe this. I decided to update from R3 to R7 figuring that would fix the ringer problem.

I just realized I am having the exact same ringer problem with R7........

~John
Old 12-30-2009, 06:54 AM
VIP Member

Well, I just flashed back to NRG's Dusk ROM.

I hated to do it, but I need my phone to ring 100% of the time & NRG gives me no ringer issues. I really like Juicy's ROM's better (always have) but I guess there is no perfect setup at this time (I have a few ussues with NRG that don't occur with Juicy)

~John
Old 12-30-2009, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

coreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

I hated to do it, but I need my phone to ring 100% of the time & NRG gives me no ringer issues. I really like Juicy's ROM's better (always have) but I guess there is no perfect setup at this time (I have a few ussues with NRG that don't occur with Juicy)

~John

Agreed, all the top chefs should collide and gave us a "ultimate rom". I bet it would be the best rom ever, add a little bit of each of there roms into one.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BoneZ is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to BoneZ Send a message via MSN to BoneZ Send a message via Yahoo to BoneZ

Is there a Soft Reset button somewhere in R7 because I'm not seeing it. Other ROMS I've tried had it right out in the open and I'm not taking my case off to take my battery cover off to reset my phone again if I need to.

Other than that, so far R7 is running smoothly.

-=EnergyROM with MaxManila=-

Old 12-30-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

~John
Were you still restoring from SPB Backup?

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development