PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

infinitemethod is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Hey, I just installed this rom and it doesn't seem to be as quick as the stock ROM from Sprint. I've watched videos of people previewing it and theirs seems quick. Wondering if I did something wrong? Also, when I goto the text message tab at the bottom of touchflo, if I click on that message to send one, it just goes back to the same screen.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (FRESH!)

tripflex is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to tripflex

Okay, there's like 400 pages that would take me forever to go through. I tried searching and it just showed me the thread but didn't take me to exactly where it said anything.

Basically my headphone jack is not working after installing the rom. It still plays at a lower volume from the phone when i plug in headphones, but doesn't play through the headphones.

EDIT: Figured out that it goes from playing from the speaker to the ear piece. So whenever i hook up the headphones, it switches to the ear piece.

Anybody know why or how to fix this? This is a make or break for me because i use my phone as basically my ipod everywhere i go.

Thanks!!

Also does anybody have a copy of HTC Quick GPS? It came included on the stock Sprint rom but i can't seem to find a version that will work
Shared Hosting 20% Off Forever (Promo Code:PPCG20)

Last edited by tripflex; 12-15-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Telus

EvilDeadFan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripflex View Post
Okay, there's like 400 pages that would take me forever to go through. I tried searching and it just showed me the thread but didn't take me to exactly where it said anything.

Basically my headphone jack is not working after installing the rom. It still plays at a lower volume from the phone when i plug in headphones, but doesn't play through the headphones.

EDIT: Figured out that it goes from playing from the speaker to the ear piece. So whenever i hook up the headphones, it switches to the ear piece.

Anybody know why or how to fix this? This is a make or break for me because i use my phone as basically my ipod everywhere i go.

Thanks!!

Also does anybody have a copy of HTC Quick GPS? It came included on the stock Sprint rom but i can't seem to find a version that will work

Not sure about the headphones, but quickgps is included under tools in the start menu!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripflex View Post

Thanks!!

I don't know about the headphone jack issue specifically BUT I'm going to go out on a limb and say, it can't just be the rom.... If it were, everyone would be experiencing it.

Step 1: Hard reset your phone using the "Clear Storage" app on the phone. (*You should ALWAYS do this after you flash to a new rom, it's best practice really, not just something the flash addicts do.)

Step 2: Put some music on, IMMEDIATELY following the clear storage and test.

Chances are that the issue is/was caused from not doing the clear storage OR if you did do this originally, it would be a conflict caused by a program you loaded on the phone.

Good luck
Old 12-15-2009, 09:13 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol44 View Post
So does this mean HTC has finally fixed the infamous Manila 2.5 SMS bug?? Wouldn't that make our day.. If so I'm really hoping this fix will be incorporated in a future Juicy rom update

See here for info: http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=11343
Good find! So has anyone tried out the HTC fix....

http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportVie...12&news_id=407

Would it even work with R6? I'm assuming we'd have to reinstate HTC Messaging regardless, but even then would installing this fix actually work on this ROM???

EDIT: From what I'm reading this fix is supposed to fix an issue with SMS messages getting stuck in the outbox i.e. not being sent on time

Last edited by CovKid66; 12-15-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:26 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Good find! So has anyone tried out the HTC fix....

http://www.htc.com/europe/SupportVie...12&news_id=407

Would it even work with R6? I'm assuming we'd have to reinstate HTC Messaging regardless, but even then would installing this fix actually work on this ROM???
I believe that fix was to fix the sending issue that it was having on the Leo. Not the lag issue. I have done a ton of reading in the Leo forum at XDA and there is some big problem with sending and receiving messages using it.
So I doubt this version is any faster.
Quote from the page:
Quote:
Keeping in touch has always been very important, and this update delivers just that: fast and reliable SMS messaging.

dwizzy130

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:27 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
I believe that fix was to fix the sending issue that it was having on the Leo. Not the lag issue. I have done a ton of reading in the Leo forum at XDA and there is some big problem with sending and receiving messages using it.
So I doubt this version is any faster.
Quote from the page:

dwizzy130
lol, you must have started you post as I was editing mine to add my comment about it fixing the delayed send issue
Old 12-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Pistol_Piet is a n00b

Now that HTC Messaging is disabled, is there a cab or some way to link the Messages and People (for when their text is linked to the people tab) to open up the currently used SMS/MMS program rather than trying and failing to open the HTC Messaging?

Both the Messages and People tabs are now almost useless to me.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol_Piet View Post
Now that HTC Messaging is disabled, is there a cab or some way to link the Messages and People (for when their text is linked to the people tab) to open up the currently used SMS/MMS program rather than trying and failing to open the HTC Messaging?

Both the Messages and People tabs are now almost useless to me.
If you click on the lil paper clip symbol by the thread name from the upgrades forum, you can find a CAB for HTC msging.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Pistol_Piet is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
If you click on the lil paper clip symbol by the thread name from the upgrades forum, you can find a CAB for HTC msging.
Thanks for the reply, but I don't want to reactivate HTC Messaging.. It was very painful to use in older ROMs.

I was more curious if there was a cab or reg edit that made the Messages tab open the text in the Windows style messaging interface, thus making the tab usable.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development