PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 11:42 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Thanks...that looks cool, but I was referring to "Action" as mentioned, but not this one...but THANKS for Trying!

thats a little different but it does what you mention.. it will add a link to your softkey that will take you to the screen when you can add anything.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2 / hero
Carrier: sprint

dmb60614 is keeping up the good workdmb60614 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
Having some weird errors. My phone is locking up more and more and sometimes gets really slow.

I have had this problem with alot of ROMS that I flash. They work great right away but then get slower and then have bugs like this. Is this because I dont do the flash dance (flash to stock rom before flashing again)? I do a hard reset after each flash as well. O and I am currently on R5.7.

Thanks much!
i have not had that problem on versions 1 through 4. just flashed to 6 yesterday, but so far nothing. i do not flash to stock first. i have had that problem when flashing roms on my titan, but it was not on every rom. if this is always happening, perhaps it is related to a cab you always install?
Old 12-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

jojonana850 is a n00b

Thanks, Love the rom works so much better than any of the other roms flashed! while I was searchin on other threads, there seems to be a fix for landscape that is relatively stable. Is there any way to maybe incorporate into rom?... I tried it and it worked... its a start
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=588476
Old 12-15-2009, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
again please read to get ur information so you will be up too speed and not lost on what can be installed and not. Sprint TV WILL NOT WORK, due to the fact it is not a Sprint Signed ROM. Make sure you understand about flashing your phone.....

Not true I have Sprint TV and all the other Sprint Carrier apps up and running on this R6
Old 12-15-2009, 12:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: The Now Network

netghozt is a n00b

Are there instructions anywhere showing you how to install the ROM? I downloaded, extracted but was unable to run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe file. I double click it and nothing happens. I extracted it successfully.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:56 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by netghozt View Post
Are there instructions anywhere showing you how to install the ROM? I downloaded, extracted but was unable to run the ROMUpdateUtility.exe file. I double click it and nothing happens. I extracted it successfully.
If you are on Vista or 7 you need to right click ROMUpdateUtility.exe and run it as an administrator.

dwizzy130

Old 12-15-2009, 01:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: The Now Network

netghozt is a n00b

I'm on xp and i dont have any of those options. Its strange. I had to download the 7z program to extract it.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojonana850 View Post
Thanks, Love the rom works so much better than any of the other roms flashed! while I was searchin on other threads, there seems to be a fix for landscape that is relatively stable. Is there any way to maybe incorporate into rom?... I tried it and it worked... its a start
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=588476

It works but its still pretty buggy. I noticed my phone being significantly slower and almost all landscape views had some kind of problem. Plus, the background got replaced with an ugly one and I couldn't find a way to change it.

Better to wait til all the bugs are fixed to incorporate it into a rom.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work

Just wanted to say that R6 is Fast! Once again, a GREAT Rom. I've flashed both my tp2's with this rom with the htc messaging client installed and tweaks set, and had No Issues. Ram runs smooth and i run various apps at reasonable speed at the same time. Juicy you did a great job with this one, can wait till da next release, i dont know how you gonna top this one! Maybe Landscape cooked in? lol we'll see...
Old 12-15-2009, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmitt5 View Post
I'm happily surprised by this ROM -- was just trying it out as alternative to Mighty, but have been amazed by quickness and also battery life. One tiny shortcoming: I want to set the notification for new e-mail to just flash the top LED -- no ring or vibrate. But the option to "Flash light for X seconds" is grayed out on the notification options on this ROM. Is there a way to restore it?

Also, every other ROM I've used has had an option to turn off the shutter sound on the camera. Any way to restore that option?

Even if I can't fix those two little flaws, I might stick with this one, although I probably won't resist the temptation to check out what Mighty Mike does with 6.5.3 and 2.5

The shutter sound there isn't a fix for yet, their is an option for the stock sprint and verizon roms to turn it off but not for telus. Hopefully we can find a workaround. The option to flash light for X seconds, there is a cab attached to this thread to enable it .

Last edited by daintyboy609; 12-15-2009 at 02:46 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development