PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Having some weird errors. My phone is locking up more and more and sometimes gets really slow.

I have had this problem with alot of ROMS that I flash. They work great right away but then get slower and then have bugs like this. Is this because I dont do the flash dance (flash to stock rom before flashing again)? I do a hard reset after each flash as well. O and I am currently on R5.7.

Thanks much!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

The420Dank is keeping up the good workThe420Dank is keeping up the good work

Ok I had to report this. If anyone is still having issues with getting their ringer to ring. Here's what I've done that has been working since yesterday, so hopfully it's permanetely fixed and not temporarily.

Someone posted, can't find the post or who it was so I give credit to them, this is not my find. They said to disable HTC Sense, then enable Windows Default... Soft reset, then Disable windows default and Enable HTC Sense. Soft reset if you'd like but I left it the way it was cause a call came through and it rang. It's now been ringing ever since and I havn't missed a call which is phenomenal. I havn't changed the ringer either from the default one because I'm afraid to screw it up and I wanna make sure it's gonna keep working first before I change anything.. So that's that hopefully.

Hope this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

The420Dank is keeping up the good workThe420Dank is keeping up the good work

One other thing, has anyone gotten a working sprint tv VGA yet? In R4 a sprint TV cab was produced that actually worked. I havn't been able to get that same cab to work since R5, and now I'm on R6. Getting the can't authorize user issue.

If anyone knows if there is something I can change on my end or if a cab was released then please let me know. I have searched posts and havn't seen a mention of sprint tv yet so maybe it's just me. Everything else seems to be working fine, opera and sprint nav. Gonna keep searching but if anyone knows something and can help me out I would appreciate it as well.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

draven11722 is a n00b

Question, is it possible to maintain a sprint data connection while in a call or is this not an option with a CDMA phone. I hear that T-Mobile and ATT can do this. It would be nice to browse the internet while im talking on the phone with my headset.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by draven11722 View Post
Question, is it possible to maintain a sprint data connection while in a call or is this not an option with a CDMA phone. I hear that T-Mobile and ATT can do this. It would be nice to browse the internet while im talking on the phone with my headset.
CDMA based phones cannot do data and a phone call at the same time. It is a technology limitation.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2

draven11722 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
CDMA based phones cannot do data and a phone call at the same time. It is a technology limitation.
Fail. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

herbster is becoming a great contributor

Your welcome 420Dank, it was me that posted it...but the problem is if you shut your phone off then each morning you have to do this...lol. If you leave your phone on all the time and clean your ram daily I guess it is a workaround but otherwise remember to do it every morning.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: rhodium

zerocamber is a n00b

love the ROM Juicy! After spending countless hours trying to find the lamp notification for e-mails i give up. does anyone know where i can turn the lamp notification off for new e-mails?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

PlanetsNetwork is a n00b

I downloaded juicy R6 to my sprint htc pro 2 but it seems i need sprint cabs to connect to internet HELP!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:31 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocamber View Post
love the ROM Juicy! After spending countless hours trying to find the lamp notification for e-mails i give up. does anyone know where i can turn the lamp notification off for new e-mails?

i would imagine the same place it should be....

settings/sounds and notifications tab over to where you see the drop down with phone: incoming calls... hit that and find new emails...... you should see the flash for xxxx.... un click that and your good to go.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development