PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Re: [ROM] [11/23/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R4 (21876) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Boo. kind of disheartening.

I flashed the rom to see if Juicy added roaming options under network service. We'd have Auto A, Auto-B, roaming only for the touch pro. Has anybody gotten these options in the network service?
Nobody seems to answer this question on Mighty's and Juicy's post.

Also, Is there a cab out there that will use Outlook messaging by default and allow you to go to the outlook messaging when you click a favorite contact?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Damn...I love the twitter tab. I gotta have my twitter. Whats the lesser of two evils?? I guess I could stop being lazy and learn how to cook...But that's labor intensive...OOps, there's my laziness again. LOL
Old 11-24-2009, 04:31 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspace View Post
Damn...I love the twitter tab. I gotta have my twitter. Whats the lesser of two evils?? I guess I could stop being lazy and learn how to cook...But that's labor intensive...OOps, there's my laziness again. LOL
funny thing is, my twitter tab worked fine, not mms ,youtube or footprints. lol
Old 11-24-2009, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Alrighty folks, seriously there is no need to continue tell us that this rom is a deal breaker for you cuz of whatever not working for you. I am sorry if things don't work 100% for you, keep in mind this is TF2.5 which was in no way made for the TP2. I would highly consider it very ALPHA. So if you want something more stable, something that everything works 100% for you, then definitely go back to 2.1 and stop telling us what a deal breaker this is for you. If you aren't willing to make some changes to workaround things till someday they hopefully get ported properly, then you really need to stick with stuff that works out of the box.

Again, I am sorry things don't work for you. But it just gets real old hearing you guys complain about the same things over and over, when it is a known fact that it is in testing.

Good luck, and hopefully 2.5 will be ported more in the future and you can try again.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
page 256 "worked" for me. its not now though but it was a hour ago but.... im done making 15 moves just to send a picture. sense 2.1 here i come. works outa the box.
Two cabs, thats all it takes........... no reg edits............... nothing....... the "I'm leaving your ROM" crap has to stop, it's going to make me bonkers. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Alrighty folks, seriously there is no need to continue tell us that this rom is a deal breaker for you cuz of whatever not working for you. I am sorry if things don't work 100% for you, keep in mind this is TF2.5 which was in no way made for the TP2. I would highly consider it very ALPHA. So if you want something more stable, something that everything works 100% for you, then definitely go back to 2.1 and stop telling us what a deal breaker this is for you. If you aren't willing to make some changes to workaround things till someday they hopefully get ported properly, then you really need to stick with stuff that works out of the box.

Again, I am sorry things don't work for you. But it just gets real old hearing you guys complain about the same things over and over, when it is a known fact that it is in testing.

Good luck, and hopefully 2.5 will be ported more in the future and you can try again.
Haleiejehaahhajauahha!

Last edited by slopokdave; 11-24-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: edit
Old 11-24-2009, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Two cabs, thats all it takes........... no reg edits............... nothing....... the "I'm leaving your ROM" crap has to stop, it's going to make me bonkers. lol.

Haleiejehaahhajauahha!
I think what he refers to is after getting it working the workarounds of having to goto the inbox, swipe and click new etc. Instead of being able to do it natively. I understand this, but it is something I am willing to live with for all the other great features of 2.5. Of course, it is much easier going into Album to send a picture or doing it right after you take the picture. But again, think he refers to receiving them as well.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

@darren...here you go again!!!

@those that's having such tremendous issues...stop moaning and complaining...instead...help contribute to the solution. Remember stock ROM is just a flash away.

@those that are looking down at those that don't have everything working...help them instead of admonishing them...we're a community that's supposed to help each other to get the most out of a device right?=D>

@juicy: great ROM....little disappointed that I can't customize as freely as I used to...but I'll get over it. Speed and stability trumps all!!

Old 11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It would be nice if Post #6 was replaced with a FAQ.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
I think what he refers to is after getting it working the workarounds of having to goto the inbox, swipe and click new etc. Instead of being able to do it natively. .
yea, that & the slow laggy texting really suck.

I'm torn myself, those problems bug the hell out of me too -but I like everything else about this ROM so much that I really can't see going back to Mighty at this point......

~John
Old 11-24-2009, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Do you actually have MMS pictures opening up full screen right from within the HTC app??

If so, how did you do that??

~John
Yes, see my post here for screen shots. Receiving in Manila 2.5 is very easy, it's the sending that is the hard part. I've been able to get it to "send" from Manila, as in it says sent successfully, but it is not ever actually received.

For receiving you need the following settings in Manila:

IP Address: blank
Port number: 80
Server address: http://mms.sprintpcs.com (note: ignore the /servlets/mms at the end which a lot of people are saying. That may work too, but I flashed back to stock and took a look and they do not use it on the address)
Connect via: Sprint (assumes you completed provisioning, TELUS otherwise)
Send limit: 1024 KB (note: can be changed in registry, but doesn't matter yet as sending isn't working)
WAP version: none (note: this is key!!!! will not work on other WAP versions)

For sending I have found missing header items, and incorrect device identifiers, but I haven't worked it all out yet. I am leaning towards it being a configuration problem, and not a bug in the hard code. Personally, I receive an MMS here and there, but bascially never send them, so this works okay for me for now.

If I helped you, please remember to press thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development