PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!
Carrier: Sprint

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
My phone is almost to the point of being unusable. After a soft reset, my phone sometimes does not want to show the home screen. I can click on the start menu, and lock the device... but when I X out of the start menu or unlock, my home screen is just "stuck" on whatever image was on it before.

Othertimes, if I close out of a text conversation... the messaging client will freeze up, with the gray horizontal bar being "clear".

Anyone have any issues with the above programs?
Some of the problems you are experiencing may be due to the fact that a few of your tweaks mod manila files. Anytime you mod manila files, this tends to slow things down quite a bit. I tend to keep mods to a minimum to ensure that the phone stays speedy. It basically user pref, if you can live with the lag, mod away, if not, keep it bare. Hope this helps somewhat.

Give some
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
So is this a final version?
See this post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=2671

Short answer: Maybe, maybe not... My guess is "no" since he has a couple of goodies up his sleeve left waiting to be cooked in, but ultimately it's Mike's call. Word to the wise: Don't push him for it, though. If 50 people start e-bombing the thread with questions about when he's going to release again, you might piss him off and it could backfire

Mike's a nice guy, but see the post I linked above for further explanation. When he's ready to cook something up again, he will

Quote:
My phone is almost to the point of being unusable. After a soft reset, my phone sometimes does not want to show the home screen. I can click on the start menu, and lock the device... but when I X out of the start menu or unlock, my home screen is just "stuck" on whatever image was on it before.

Othertimes, if I close out of a text conversation... the messaging client will freeze up, with the gray horizontal bar being "clear".

Anyone have any issues with the above programs?
If you haven't already, you may want to give Task 29 a shot. Run that bad boy to wipe the nand (I recommend ziggy's version in the 6th post of this thread since his uses a blank splash image). Once you do that, re-download Mike's ROM again and then flash to it. You may also flash to your carrier's stock ROM first before flashing Mighty which will automatically run Task 28 too (that's a good thing). Just be sure to re-activate you phone if needed before flashing to Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaveJunkie View Post
ya I have old GF's in a folder called "my past" and i just wanna hide if from that app in case the new gf looks threw it. Yes it would not be worth her find it all. Hence i might just copy them on to my PC.... but thought id ask if there was a ez way to hide them like zip em or something? hmmm
This is like asking how close to the cliff you can get before falling off... Better to avoid the cliff altogether and just scrub the pics from your phone.

There are ways to hide the files while still keeping them on your phone, but be prepared to live with the consequences should your gf stumble upon the old pics. You are warned...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OR78 View Post
Some of the problems you are experiencing may be due to the fact that a few of your tweaks mod manila files. Anytime you mod manila files, this tends to slow things down quite a bit. I tend to keep mods to a minimum to ensure that the phone stays speedy. It basically user pref, if you can live with the lag, mod away, if not, keep it bare. Hope this helps somewhat.
Thanks for the response. I'm okay with mods slowing things down a bit ... but at the moment my phone is unusable. Its really odd, because I thought I was installing pretty common apps.

I may just hard reset and ditch my customer slider, clock, and BG4ALL =S

*EDIT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
If you haven't already, you may want to give Task 29 a shot. Run that bad boy to wipe the nand (I recommend ziggy's version in the 6th post of this thread since his uses a blank splash image). Once you do that, re-download Mike's ROM again and then flash to it. You may also flash to your carrier's stock ROM first before flashing Mighty which will automatically run Task 28 too (that's a good thing). Just be sure to re-activate you phone if needed before flashing to Mighty
How do you "re activate" my phone, prior to flashing?

I don't think I've had to do that in the past when flashing new roms ... does TASK29 change that?

Last edited by abednego; 04-15-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
How do you "re activate" my phone, prior to flashing?

I don't think I've had to do that in the past when flashing new roms ... does TASK29 change that?
All I mean by that is just make sure the phone works. Call your voicemail and check your data connection before flashing back to Mighty. Verizon has more issues with this than Sprint, so you're probably fine (hence the reason I said "IF needed"). Just looking out for ya
Old 04-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
All I mean by that is just make sure the phone works. Call your voicemail and check your data connection before flashing back to Mighty. Verizon has more issues with this than Sprint, so you're probably fine (hence the reason I said "IF needed"). Just looking out for ya
That makes more sense. Thanks a bunch for your reply.

Do you use MyPhone to sync contacts? And if so, is it suppose to back up the location from your "favorites" tab in Sense UI? If not, whats the best way to restore this?

And lastly. Are custom taskbars that support 1% battery increments known to cause performance issues? Now I'm paranoid =S
Old 04-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

OFF TOPIC
But might be a nice toy to add to MR..if it works.

Just an FYI, Chris1683 posted the Swype cab yesterday for his rom. I do not know if it will work on MR but anyone wanting to take a stab at it feel free to do so. Make sure you jump in and thank him for the cab if it works.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...55&postcount=2

Last edited by OR78; 04-15-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
That makes more sense. Thanks a bunch for your reply.

Do you use MyPhone to sync contacts? And if so, is it suppose to back up the location from your "favorites" tab in Sense UI? If not, whats the best way to restore this?

And lastly. Are custom taskbars that support 1% battery increments known to cause performance issues? Now I'm paranoid =S
I don't use MyPhone to back up contacts. I simply backup the pim.vol file in the phone's root dir and then restore it after a flash. Doing so restores the favorites tab too. But you'll need a more powerful file explorer like Resco or Total Commander to do this since it's a protected file

As for taskbars, they're hit and miss since there are so many out there using different dlls. Your only options here are to a) search this thread to see if others use your preferred taskbar without problems, or b) test 'em out yourself
Old 04-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I don't use MyPhone to back up contacts. I simply backup the pim.vol file in the phone's root dir and then restore it after a flash. Doing so restores the favorites tab too. But you'll need a more powerful file explorer like Resco or Total Commander to do this since it's a protected file

As for taskbars, they're hit and miss since there are so many out there using different dlls. Your only options here are to a) search this thread to see if others use your preferred taskbar without problems, or b) test 'em out yourself
I've been using PIM.VOL to restore my contacts, as well - but I'm hearing conflicting reports about the favorites tab in Sense. A few hundred pages ago, I was told that your favorites can only be restored by backing up a portion of your registry.

In the past, after restoring my contacts by dragging over PIM.VOL... my favorites are always empty.

Although - I'm not using Resco or Total Commando. I just merely rename the old PIM.VOL to PIM.OLD ... and drag the backed up file over. Could that be a reason why my favorites are not backed up?

This always confused me. With Mike's old ROM, not incorporating Sense 2.5... my favorites were always restored. But not with 2.5...
Old 04-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
I've been using PIM.VOL to restore my contacts, as well - but I'm hearing conflicting reports about the favorites tab in Sense. A few hundred pages ago, I was told that your favorites can only be restored by backing up a portion of your registry.

In the past, after restoring my contacts by dragging over PIM.VOL... my favorites are always empty.

Although - I'm not using Resco or Total Commando. I just merely rename the old PIM.VOL to PIM.OLD ... and drag the backed up file over. Could that be a reason why my favorites are not backed up?

This always confused me. With Mike's old ROM, not incorporating Sense 2.5... my favorites were always restored. But not with 2.5...
Well, I know it used to work... perhaps something changed with the later ROM builds.

I personally backup and restore the manila keys in HKCU and HKLM via Sashimi to completely rebuild Sense the way I like it without having to make any manual edits, so I wouldn't have noticed the favorite tab not auto restoring in later builds...

If pim.vol alone doesn't work, backing up this key should do the trick:

HKCU\Software\HTC\People\FavoriteOrder
Old 04-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Question Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Ladies and Gentleman...
One of the things I noticed here at PPCGeeks is that we have some fine taskbars / taskbar creators.
Unfortunately, taskbars built for one ROM do not like to play well with updated ROMs as some files are different.
Therefor, custom ROM user (such as you) often cannot find a taskbar that works well...

This post (bookmark it for future use) will be where I take taskbars and fix them up to work with this ROM

First:
Thanks to TSOwen for this upcoming Taskbar. He created it, all I did was fix it. All props to him and thanks for giving me permission to re-release it.

Second:
Thanks to TSOwen, MightyMike and Puritan for answering my questions/providing me with the updated files. Special thanks to ArtQ for hooking me up with a newer version of msigner.

Third:
I CANNOT guarantee that any taskbar I fix will work 100%. While I try my hardest to make sure that everything is in order, I am only human. Standard warning of backing up apply. I used to be good making them, but that was years ago. That being said, I am running this first taskbar with no issues.

Fourth:
File names are as follows:
Author Taskbar MordyT Fixed v1.a
Where author is the author's name, Taskbar is the name (usually just taskbar) MordyT Fixed (duh) v1.a refers to 1 (first taskbar I released) a first revision. If I need to fix something, it become 1.b Please note filename if reporting bugs.

Lastly:
I would prefer that this post was linked to rather the the taskbar being re-posted. This is so everyone is ALWAYS on the same taskbar / there is no older buggier versions flying around.

TSOwen Taskbar MordyT Fixed 1.a
Code:
This is TSOwen's Taskbar for WM 6.5. I updated the HTC volume control and fixed 
a small issue with 59 displaying instead of 60 on the battery meter. I also 
changed the start icon to one I found floating around as well as changing the ok
and close buttons to make it fit the theme better.
Also, despite everyone I asked, I was unable to figure out how to remove the
"no sim inserted" icon. I will continue to work on that, however, if you install
this and have no sim in back, you will not be able to see signal strength.
Thanks lets me know you appreciate the work I put into this!
Screens or links please... makes decision to use easier. Thx

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2