PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 09:33 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
See this post:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=2671

Short answer: Maybe, maybe not... My guess is "no" since he has a couple of goodies up his sleeve left waiting to be cooked in, but ultimately it's Mike's call. Word to the wise: Don't push him for it, though. If 50 people start e-bombing the thread with questions about when he's going to release again, you might piss him off and it could backfire

Mike's a nice guy, but see the post I linked above for further explanation. When he's ready to cook something up again, he will

cool thanks bro..

and I wasn't pushing, I'm in no rush at all I love his current 3/23/10 ROM =)

Old 04-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
I wasn't pushing...
I know you weren't
Old 04-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

I too use SPB Backup, but have only been successful when I have a backup of the current ROM version and then restore to that same ROM version.

If you take a backup you did lets say from a Stock Sprint ROM or Mighty Rom version other than the current version you have installed, there is a huge risk of problems because all the registry settings you have saved on the backup, are for a different ROM then your currently at.

Assuming your on the current 3-23 Might ROM, I would do a clear storage which will put you back to the base Mighty ROM and then manually install your software programs. I then suggest you do the SPB Restore for ONLY your contacts. You choose Customized Restore, and only do the PIM Data to get your contact back to the phone. Do not do emails or texts.

Once you have done that, I suggest a FULL Backup once you know evertyhing is working on the new ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post
Well, after i upgraded to mightyrom i used spb backup to restore all my files. Is that what you mean and could that be why?

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 04-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhcmd View Post
This works and I dig the look more than the version I have of this. Only issue I have is when I hit the side key to adjust volume it brings up ringer volume instead of system volume by default...I then have to switch over to system. The vol bars are actually a bit taller too which i like.
I don't know why, I used the htcvolume control Mike sent in his ROM. It is possible I fed something up...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by microdot View Post
well that sucks because i have so many contacts and files that not restoring my phone through a backup program is really not an option. i guess i will have to live with it.
What files did you restore? Also, as was mentioned, the big issue is with restoring the messages. When you restore text messages, they will not re-thread properly, and you get what you're seeing. Also, restoring files/settings between ROM versions is not recommended as things may have changed or been updated where the restored files/settings will cause issues. I'd say that restoring just the PIM info minus text/email messages is all that is really safe (contacts, calendar, tasks)
Old 04-15-2010, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

microdot is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to microdot

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddpedersen View Post
I too use SPB Backup, but have only been successful when I have a backup of the current ROM version and then restore to that same ROM version.

If you take a backup you did lets say from a Stock Sprint ROM or Mighty Rom version other than the current version you have installed, there is a huge risk of problems because all the registry settings you have saved on the backup, are for a different ROM then your currently at.

Assuming your on the current 3-23 Might ROM, I would do a clear storage which will put you back to the base Mighty ROM and then manually install your software programs. I then suggest you do the SPB Restore for ONLY your contacts. You choose Customized Restore, and only do the PIM Data to get your contact back to the phone. Do not do emails or texts.

Once you have done that, I suggest a FULL Backup once you know evertyhing is working on the new ROM.
Thanks ill do that this weekend for sure
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I've been using the latest version of this ROM since Mike made it available on his site.

I've been experiencing four problems.

The first one is that sometimes I can't get the screen to turn on (either by pressing the power button or sliding the keyboard open). After a couple of minutes it finally does come on.

The second one is that alarms keep going off on their set time even though I've turned them off.

The third one is that the clock on the home screen freezes. If I haven't turned the screen on in a measurable amount of time then turn it on, the clock's time is what it was before I turned the screen off then it quickly catches up. This is something that happened all the time on my original Touch / Vogue.

The fourth one is that bluetooth devices I've paired and set to automatically connect sometimes won't connect unless I first disable bluetooth, soft reset then enable bluetooth again.

These paired devices are set to "Connections Authorized" in the bluetooth settings (tab that shows paired devices, tap and hold device then tap on "Properties").
Anybody else experience any of these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
I've had this happen to me a few times as well...does not happen all the time. It's weird, I have even pressed dismiss when they go off and had them go off again about 10 min later. It's as if the dismiss is a snooze.
It happened again today while I was driving. Very annoying.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

I just flashed to about 5 roms and had to come back to this one..despite how much I liked 6.5.5 on some of the others. Mighty- you're ROMs are simply amazing, my hat tips down to you!
Old 04-16-2010, 03:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by har226
This has happened to me too but like 3 to 4 times a day it is getting very annoying.
Happens to me at least once a day.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

How's learning to XIP Port goin Mighty?
Glad to see you movin' on up from just reg edits.
Keep up the great work!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2