View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Eschelon
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
I've been using PIM.VOL to restore my contacts, as well - but I'm hearing conflicting reports about the favorites tab in Sense. A few hundred pages ago, I was told that your favorites can only be restored by backing up a portion of your registry.

In the past, after restoring my contacts by dragging over PIM.VOL... my favorites are always empty.

Although - I'm not using Resco or Total Commando. I just merely rename the old PIM.VOL to PIM.OLD ... and drag the backed up file over. Could that be a reason why my favorites are not backed up?

This always confused me. With Mike's old ROM, not incorporating Sense 2.5... my favorites were always restored. But not with 2.5...
Well, I know it used to work... perhaps something changed with the later ROM builds.

I personally backup and restore the manila keys in HKCU and HKLM via Sashimi to completely rebuild Sense the way I like it without having to make any manual edits, so I wouldn't have noticed the favorite tab not auto restoring in later builds...

If pim.vol alone doesn't work, backing up this key should do the trick:

HKCU\Software\HTC\People\FavoriteOrder