PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 11:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nerdstrap is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available! ░░░░

Maybe I am searching for the wrong things... I searched this board over and over for my issue (search terms "t-mobile mms").

I have a Sprint Touch Pro2 hacked for T-Mobile USA. I do not have a data plan. I do have unlimited sms/mms.

I installed the latest MightyRom (which is awesome) and the Arcsoft MMS with T-Mobile settings.

I can send/receive sms. I can receive mms. I can't send mms.

My question is how do I get Arcsoft to send? It says connect via the internet, but I don't have a data connection. It just sits at 0%...

In my other native GSM devices, I usually have a T-Mobile MMS data connection in the connection settings, but I don't have anything with my hacked Sprint device...

Confused? me too...

Should I pose the question directly to imnuts?
Old 06-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kej2u is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Google make opera your web default browser.
I already did that and I have made Opera Mobile 10 my default browser. My issue is that when I use touchflo's Internet tab, that while it does indeed launch Opera Mobile 10, it also gives an error because it is trying to open a new tab called "/home." I am trying to get into the manila folder and edit the xml file that tells touch pro what page to launch initially in Opera Mobile 10. I would like to make it so when I click "launch browser" Opera Mobile 10's default "speed dial" favorites screen comes up by default.

I had found a thread in another forum that said to go to this file:

\Application Data\Manila\InternetPortal-en-US.xml

And edit the string line that has the startup page defined.

However I cannot find a Manila folder within Mighty Rom. So I am at a loss as to where the InternetPortal-en-US.xml file is located within Mighty Rom.

Any thoughts?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdogtag1 View Post
it does have hardware buttons. far right answer.
Yes, Thank you captain Obvious. I kinda wanna know who calls.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

I have a problem with Google maps and GPS. It shows my location way off. I installed the (possible?) fix from the first page but it did not get any better. Quickgps has also been updated with no fix.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
I have a problem with Google maps and GPS. It shows my location way off. I installed the (possible?) fix from the first page but it did not get any better. Quickgps has also been updated with no fix.
Does this happen to you everywhere or just at your house? Do you use an airrave at home? The reason I ask about the airrave is that i use one too, and when I am at home it says that my location is about 45 miles from where i actually am. Some how thats where the location for my particular airrave is coming from. So maybe that could be your issue too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
Have you tried turning sense off in the home page settings first (going to windows default) before uninstalling? I think I remember reading somewhere this would help the uninstall.
never thought of that. i will give it a try next time that I need to uninstall cookies. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdurst08 View Post
Does this happen to you everywhere or just at your house? Do you use an airrave at home? The reason I ask about the airrave is that i use one too, and when I am at home it says that my location is about 45 miles from where i actually am. Some how thats where the location for my particular airrave is coming from. So maybe that could be your issue too.

never thought of that. i will give it a try next time that I need to uninstall cookies. Thanks!
I don't have an airrave. I use my location and gps.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

Quote:
I don't have an airrave. I use my location and gps.
TBQH it happens to me sometimes as well when out and about (not at home with airave), I HATE aGPS it happens quite a bit for me, I posted a while back (but its been archived) how to turn off AGPS and fine tune the GPS settings... I dont remember them but will look though later to find them again (i need to re-apply them as well)

Old 06-30-2010, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

Summit is keeping up the good workSummit is keeping up the good work

Finally found the time and flashed to 062010 MM ROM last night. No issues so far . . . purrin' along nicely.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

dont know if its old news or not, but I remember when Mike had said he wouldnt use XDA_UC because of mortscript (which i dont really like either)

I dont know if its relevant anymore... but: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=6928610

XDA_UC_NET UC done in C#!c

EDIT: I love the feedback idea to see where errors or warning occur... great stuff, I hope it gets totally stabilized and feature equivalent to XDA_UC so it can replace

Last edited by Kane3162; 06-30-2010 at 03:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
in google maps tap on "menu" then settings. First, make sure that Use GPS is checked. Next tap on GPS settings and "set manually". Choose COM4 and then tap OK.

Everything should work better after that.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2