PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

walter17 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI║

[QUOTE}It isn't bricked. Bricked wouldn't even let you do all the things you've done. I suggest flashing to something else and then redownloading the rom and flash again.

Whatever your problem may be, it isn't the ROMs fault. As you can see, it works for many of us here[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdaniels23 View Post
Don't blame the ROM. It is something you did or did not do. The ROM has worked fine for so many. Mike does not cook duds.
My apologies if I gave the impression that my problems were related to the integrity of Mighty Rom's hard work. I was previously using his Sense UI 2.1 ROM with much success, so I didn't think that the ROM was to blame. I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem after a flash.

Somehow or another, the phone came back to life. I don't know if it had anything to do with coming upstairs (where the signal is better), or divine intervention.

I've had to do a soft reset a couple of times due to hangups, and both times the carrier provision screen came up. I've cleared storage a couple of times, so this leads me to believe that I might have to follow a previous poster's advice on flashing the stock ROM and flashing back to MM's ROM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
good question, I think you would need to remove the taskbar, install the 7bar cab, then install the taskbar of your choice to work properly. I could be wrong but I remember this is the correct method. now that you mentioned it, gonna try this now using bilbobrian taskbar. will report back.
Hey, that's how I do it and it works perfectly every time!

Hypnotic2010 Custom PPCGEEKS and XDA Developers search tool
Old 03-24-2010, 09:52 AM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
I guess I should just start using the multiquote!!
You don't have to, hypeo, we don't mind if you spam the forum! lol (I do it! ) (jk - I just feel chatty sometimes! )

Last edited by Tink; 03-24-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
how old is your TP2? what version of the Unlocker do you have? I believe the first versions of the unlocker had that hard reset problem. Re-download the unlocker make sure its R3 and reinstall if you have not done that. Other than that, I think your doing the right stuff by flashing to stock. Stock is like robutusin for phones.
I had that thought, but this is literally my first encounter with this kind of issue since the TP2 first came out. I probably am using the original unlocker though.

Last edited by oldpueblo; 03-24-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 running MightyROM

tstretch is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
I had a similar issue to those having hard reset issues. I was installing an app in the MS marketplace and for some reason the marketplace app just closed. So I re-opened it but the app I wanted to install seemed to be stuck in limbo trying to install, as if the marketplace somehow was stuck around in memory and hadn't actually closed. So I did a soft reset (having no other issues till now) and it never came back up, just hanging at the black Touch Pro 2 screen with the red text at bottom left. After soft resetting several more times with no effect (also took the battery out for a few minutes) I just put it back in the case since I wasn't home and couldn't remember how to do so hard reset.

Then after awhile I thought let me try it again, so I took my phone out of the case and it was sitting at the carrier provisioning prompt. So I can only assume that it had hard reset itself all on it's own. From then on though the sense UI still had some oddities about it. Text messaging would just not work as some others had mentioned. I wouldn't say it hung, but I could type a message and the send button just wouldn't work. Everything else about texting worked, I could close the message and save it as drafts, bring it back up, etc. I just couldn't send. Then I noticed my email previews no longer worked, it said click to view message. Then I noticed when my phone locked later on that it had the old style lock with the really big number buttons for some reason. So now I'm flashing back to stock, clearing storage, flashing to MR again, doing button hard reset, then clear storage and we'll see what I get. I just wanted to document for those that might be having similar issues in case there is something lurking beneath.

For the record, my phone had no customizations above the MR stock. All I did was configure my exchange information and a few standard apps like skyfire, bing, TCPMP, etc. Nothing that would be considered a tweak. I've also flashed every MR since the TP1 days and consider myself well versed in the process. We'll see if this info benefits anyone.
Quote:
how old is your TP2? what version of the Unlocker do you have? I believe the first versions of the unlocker had that hard reset problem. Re-download the unlocker make sure its R3 and reinstall if you have not done that. Other than that, I think your doing the right stuff by flashing to stock. Stock is like robutusin for phones.
I too had a psuedo hard reset occur after trying to install an app from MS Marketplace. The install seemed to have frozen so I tried to close out of Marketplace. That seemed to be messing with Sense, so I soft reset. First time, phone froze at the orange Windows boot screen, then soft reset again and it finally booted up. Strange though - all programs are installed and mail settings, but all my start menu icons are rearranged, and the MR Provisioning tool launched automatically. Also, my background was reset and the shortcuts the Home Sense UI page were gone.

So it didn't totally Hard Reset but seemed to have done a half hard reset...??? I came from MM's 2/10 sense 2.1 ROM and did NOT flash back to stock before flashing to this ROM. I did however clear storage though... I'm going to wait for more people's thoughts on all this and then do the full flash dance using Sprint's new stock ROM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvettejudd View Post
You don't have to, hypeo, we don't mind if you spam the forum! lol (I do it! ) (jk)
I like your Moral Support and our optimism! two thumbs up...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter17 View Post
[QUOTE}It isn't bricked. Bricked wouldn't even let you do all the things you've done. I suggest flashing to something else and then redownloading the rom and flash again.

Whatever your problem may be, it isn't the ROMs fault. As you can see, it works for many of us here

My apologies if I gave the impression that my problems were related to the integrity of Mighty Rom's hard work. I was previously using his Sense UI 2.1 ROM with much success, so I didn't think that the ROM was to blame. I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem after a flash.

Somehow or another, the phone came back to life. I don't know if it had anything to do with coming upstairs (where the signal is better), or divine intervention.

I've had to do a soft reset a couple of times due to hangups, and both times the carrier provision screen came up. I've cleared storage a couple of times, so this leads me to believe that I might have to follow a previous poster's advice on flashing the stock ROM and flashing back to MM's ROM.[/QUOTE]

Buy a lottery ticket today!!

that is some strange behavior.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does anyone have a reg-edit to turn on auto rotation, or some kind of cab? I use the auto lock and when I get a call or something and look at my phone it usually in landscaped mode.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I'm still on the 10-29 limited public beta HSPL, and have no issues. What has been discissed is that not all flash chips are created equal. I haven't flashed stock since the beginning of November, and most of the time I forget to hard reset after I flash.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
Old 03-24-2010, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible

Gadjetguy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Give me a few minutes and I'll make a cab that increases screen sensitivity, then I'll add all the cabs from the 5th post together into one cab

EDIT: All finished. Check the first post for the SUPERCAB

Can I just add cabs that I want installed all at once to my XDA UC folder then run the UC program? I use Sashami for my setup so the UC program doesn't get used for anything else.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2