tstretch
PPCGeeks Regular

tstretch is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI║

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
I had a similar issue to those having hard reset issues. I was installing an app in the MS marketplace and for some reason the marketplace app just closed. So I re-opened it but the app I wanted to install seemed to be stuck in limbo trying to install, as if the marketplace somehow was stuck around in memory and hadn't actually closed. So I did a soft reset (having no other issues till now) and it never came back up, just hanging at the black Touch Pro 2 screen with the red text at bottom left. After soft resetting several more times with no effect (also took the battery out for a few minutes) I just put it back in the case since I wasn't home and couldn't remember how to do so hard reset.

Then after awhile I thought let me try it again, so I took my phone out of the case and it was sitting at the carrier provisioning prompt. So I can only assume that it had hard reset itself all on it's own. From then on though the sense UI still had some oddities about it. Text messaging would just not work as some others had mentioned. I wouldn't say it hung, but I could type a message and the send button just wouldn't work. Everything else about texting worked, I could close the message and save it as drafts, bring it back up, etc. I just couldn't send. Then I noticed my email previews no longer worked, it said click to view message. Then I noticed when my phone locked later on that it had the old style lock with the really big number buttons for some reason. So now I'm flashing back to stock, clearing storage, flashing to MR again, doing button hard reset, then clear storage and we'll see what I get. I just wanted to document for those that might be having similar issues in case there is something lurking beneath.

For the record, my phone had no customizations above the MR stock. All I did was configure my exchange information and a few standard apps like skyfire, bing, TCPMP, etc. Nothing that would be considered a tweak. I've also flashed every MR since the TP1 days and consider myself well versed in the process. We'll see if this info benefits anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
how old is your TP2? what version of the Unlocker do you have? I believe the first versions of the unlocker had that hard reset problem. Re-download the unlocker make sure its R3 and reinstall if you have not done that. Other than that, I think your doing the right stuff by flashing to stock. Stock is like robutusin for phones.
I too had a psuedo hard reset occur after trying to install an app from MS Marketplace. The install seemed to have frozen so I tried to close out of Marketplace. That seemed to be messing with Sense, so I soft reset. First time, phone froze at the orange Windows boot screen, then soft reset again and it finally booted up. Strange though - all programs are installed and mail settings, but all my start menu icons are rearranged, and the MR Provisioning tool launched automatically. Also, my background was reset and the shortcuts the Home Sense UI page were gone.

So it didn't totally Hard Reset but seemed to have done a half hard reset...??? I came from MM's 2/10 sense 2.1 ROM and did NOT flash back to stock before flashing to this ROM. I did however clear storage though... I'm going to wait for more people's thoughts on all this and then do the full flash dance using Sprint's new stock ROM.