PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

Kliptik 05-01-2010 07:47 PM

Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjELITE (Post 1730010)
Look below this may do the trick....

Which icons do you need fixed?

Well I've got several similar icon sets, so im trying to clean up all the icons so theyre all similar. not sure exactly the coding behind reStart/CSMI. not sure if they're reg edits or what. I've got most of my icons done, just cant figure out how to change anything in the settings folder...

unless i can move the .lnk from the settings folder into a folder i can access, change the icon, and then move it back...?

WFG 05-01-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 1729997)
K so i've searched and googled like crazy on this... so maybe im just blind or im lookin in the wrong places...

how would i go about changing the icons for the shortcuts in the "Settings" folder in the start menu? I've tried reStart and CSMI and neither of them will let me change the shortcuts within the "Settings" folder. i can change the actual folder icon, but not anything inside it...

TIA!!!

the start menu icons are in the windows folder, some chefs have the icons named similar to this "StartMenu_System", StartMenu_Connections" etc. so you just name ur new icons accordingly and copy/replace them into the "Windows" folder.

not sure how Mike has icons named, does any one know?

you could always hunt down the icons in the windows directory for what to name the replacement icons, did this once on energy but it is a very tedious task.

tjELITE 05-01-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 1730019)
Well I've got several similar icon sets, so im trying to clean up all the icons so theyre all similar. not sure exactly the coding behind reStart/CSMI. not sure if they're reg edits or what. I've got most of my icons done, just cant figure out how to change anything in the settings folder...

unless i can move the .lnk from the settings folder into a folder i can access, change the icon, and then move it back...?

reSTART makes reg edits...I am not sure about CSMI as I haven't used it before...

To change the files in the settings folder you must go to this Registry

[HKLM/Security/Shell/StartInfo/Start/Settings]

Each folder in there labled mycpl.cpl,## is an icon that you can change...the other folders are the folders in the system folder which you can click through for further editing....just click on the 'Icon' string value to change...

fastmike 05-01-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunebuggydude11 (Post 1729986)
sorry, but i meant add a city that is not on there. I previously used energyrom and my city was in the weather database, but not it is not

Try JVH3 Weather City Editor - Version 3.5 I just used it to add a city.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=546141

Kliptik 05-01-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjELITE (Post 1730022)
reSTART makes reg edits...I am not sure about CSMI as I haven't used it before...

To change the files in the settings folder you must go to this Registry

[HKLM/Security/Shell/StartInfo/Start/Settings]

Each folder in there labled mycpl.cpl,## is an icon that you can change...the other folders are the folders in the system folder which you can click through for further editing....just click on the 'Icon' string value to change...

Thanks!!!!! I'll go look into it right now!

IcyStorm 05-01-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapo2112 (Post 1729983)
For those of you on SE, what is your average gwes running at? I have been using my phone all day now and never get above 18,000 kb.

Mine's been going at 33MB at times.

crashdau 05-01-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapo2112 (Post 1729983)
For those of you on SE, what is your average gwes running at? I have been using my phone all day now and never get above 18,000 kb.

I'm at 23MB...

Riley 05-01-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcyStorm (Post 1730068)
Mine's been going at 33MB at times.

my gwes is at 27mb but I have cookie running. plus if you use alot of apps it will go up. without opening anything on a cold boot, its around 20.5mb. running SE and its great.

crashdau 05-01-2010 08:35 PM

I'm running SE, but I really liked the standard keyboard of FF. Is there anyway to get that keyboard onto SE?

Good Mobile Messaging forces the use of the standard keyboard when unlocking and 6.5's in not very finger friendly where FF's was.

Wunder 05-01-2010 08:51 PM

I'm on Full Force and loving it, if only my caller id screen worked in landscape. as it is now, if I have my phone in landscape (say, in the car) the caller id screen willl not appear while the phone is ringing. Once I answer the phone the call status screen shows. I've installed a fair number of programs but no "tweaks" outside of LockDevice and ziggy's start menu cleaner upper.

Anyone else seeing this? Maybe a hard reset could cure it? I'm posting from my phone so searching was difficult, although I tried and came up empty.

Thanks in advance for any input!