PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=79579)

absdad63 03-24-2010 09:14 AM

Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI║

Wow, 81 pages in 2 days; Brutal!

Anyway, love the new ROM. One quirk, though. I have an IMAP4 email account set up to check for new messages every 5 minutes. Sometimes I will delete a message from the email tab (menu, delete message) without actually opening and reading the whole thing, just the preview visible when you go to the tab. If I do this, the email reappears the next time my phone checks for new messages and gives me the new message signal. If I open the email and delete it from there, everything works correctly.

Any ideas?

oldpueblo 03-24-2010 09:15 AM

I had a similar issue to those having hard reset issues. I was installing an app in the MS marketplace and for some reason the marketplace app just closed. So I re-opened it but the app I wanted to install seemed to be stuck in limbo trying to install, as if the marketplace somehow was stuck around in memory and hadn't actually closed. So I did a soft reset (having no other issues till now) and it never came back up, just hanging at the black Touch Pro 2 screen with the red text at bottom left. After soft resetting several more times with no effect (also took the battery out for a few minutes) I just put it back in the case since I wasn't home and couldn't remember how to do so hard reset.

Then after awhile I thought let me try it again, so I took my phone out of the case and it was sitting at the carrier provisioning prompt. So I can only assume that it had hard reset itself all on it's own. From then on though the sense UI still had some oddities about it. Text messaging would just not work as some others had mentioned. I wouldn't say it hung, but I could type a message and the send button just wouldn't work. Everything else about texting worked, I could close the message and save it as drafts, bring it back up, etc. I just couldn't send. Then I noticed my email previews no longer worked, it said click to view message. Then I noticed when my phone locked later on that it had the old style lock with the really big number buttons for some reason. So now I'm flashing back to stock, clearing storage, flashing to MR again, doing button hard reset, then clear storage and we'll see what I get. I just wanted to document for those that might be having similar issues in case there is something lurking beneath.

For the record, my phone had no customizations above the MR stock. All I did was configure my exchange information and a few standard apps like skyfire, bing, TCPMP, etc. Nothing that would be considered a tweak. I've also flashed every MR since the TP1 days and consider myself well versed in the process. We'll see if this info benefits anyone.

Riley 03-24-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sim-X (Post 1655703)
Thanks for confirming - I thought that might be it but I have never had any kind of issues with it before and I always use MM edits for my taskbar so thought I would ask about it. I pretty much hate the stock taskbar so I will put up with it for now. Any plans to release an updated version of this Mike? I know a lot of people like this taskbar.

Do you know if there is any 7 signal taskbars mm edits? I saw on the 1st page a 7 signal cab for sprint. I was gonna try it but don't want my taskbar messed up. I always liked having 7 but like the custom icons better.

good question, I think you would need to remove the taskbar, install the 7bar cab, then install the taskbar of your choice to work properly. I could be wrong but I remember this is the correct method. now that you mentioned it, gonna try this now :) using bilbobrian taskbar. will report back.

absdad63 03-24-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summit (Post 1654481)
If my preferred GUI is SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.3, and MR 021010 is working flawlessly, is there any reason I should upgrade to the latest WAR 032310 ROM? It seems most of the "improvements" are Sense UI oriented? (question for Mike - but others welcome to chime in)

I just switched from the same configuration that you are using to this ROM and I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay here. The agenda view and the contacts page in Sense 2.5 are closer to the features that I liked in MS3.5. Overall, it seams smoother. I suggest you give Sense another shot.

Sim-X 03-24-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyd5 (Post 1655717)
good question, I think you would need to remove the taskbar, install the 7bar cab, then install the taskbar of your choice to work properly. I could be wrong but I remember this is the correct method. now that you mentioned it, gonna try this now :) using bilbobrian taskbar. will report back.

awesome, let me know how it looks and if it's even worth it or not. I think it just will revert to stock signal icon. I would love a 7 bar mm edit gadget freak bar would be the bomb.

Riley 03-24-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sim-X (Post 1655728)
awesome, let me know how it looks and if it's even worth it or not. I think it just will revert to stock signal icon. I would love a 7 bar mm edit gadget freak bar would be the bomb.

Eschelon cab worked changing the signal icon to to stock. so i installed bilbobrian's taskbar again and it broke the battery icon. ugh. oh well, lol.

beathookup 03-24-2010 09:33 AM

Hey everyone, I'm loving the new ROM but have a few questions and thoughts. First I flashed the ROM and then went through to setup my Hotmail account and then realized that I needed to do a clear storage to clean it all up. Now every time I try to set up my Hotmail account it takes me online to my email account. I want to just be able to check it without having to go online all the time.

I hate the new browser that is included in this ROM. I can't close out tabs, when loading a page it doesn't load the whole page of a forum, I have to click next page over and over again, it doesn't load all the picture on webpages. I loved the old internet on the previous MMROM. What can I do to fix these quirks?

Thanks in advance

hypeo 03-24-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpueblo (Post 1655714)
I had a similar issue to those having hard reset issues. I was installing an app in the MS marketplace and for some reason the marketplace app just closed. So I re-opened it but the app I wanted to install seemed to be stuck in limbo trying to install, as if the marketplace somehow was stuck around in memory and hadn't actually closed. So I did a soft reset (having no other issues till now) and it never came back up, just hanging at the black Touch Pro 2 screen with the red text at bottom left. After soft resetting several more times with no effect (also took the battery out for a few minutes) I just put it back in the case since I wasn't home and couldn't remember how to do so hard reset.

Then after awhile I thought let me try it again, so I took my phone out of the case and it was sitting at the carrier provisioning prompt. So I can only assume that it had hard reset itself all on it's own. From then on though the sense UI still had some oddities about it. Text messaging would just not work as some others had mentioned. I wouldn't say it hung, but I could type a message and the send button just wouldn't work. Everything else about texting worked, I could close the message and save it as drafts, bring it back up, etc. I just couldn't send. Then I noticed my email previews no longer worked, it said click to view message. Then I noticed when my phone locked later on that it had the old style lock with the really big number buttons for some reason. So now I'm flashing back to stock, clearing storage, flashing to MR again, doing button hard reset, then clear storage and we'll see what I get. I just wanted to document for those that might be having similar issues in case there is something lurking beneath.

For the record, my phone had no customizations above the MR stock. All I did was configure my exchange information and a few standard apps like skyfire, bing, TCPMP, etc. Nothing that would be considered a tweak. I've also flashed every MR since the TP1 days and consider myself well versed in the process. We'll see if this info benefits anyone.

how old is your TP2? what version of the Unlocker do you have? I believe the first versions of the unlocker had that hard reset problem. Re-download the unlocker make sure its R3 and reinstall if you have not done that. Other than that, I think your doing the right stuff by flashing to stock. Stock is like robutusin for phones.

hypeo 03-24-2010 09:41 AM

You can't set up Hotmail by going to your email setup tab, you have to use Windows Live. That will Sync your hotmail like you want too.
and about the browser, I've had no problems with mine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by beathookup (Post 1655752)
Hey everyone, I'm loving the new ROM but have a few questions and thoughts. First I flashed the ROM and then went through to setup my Hotmail account and then realized that I needed to do a clear storage to clean it all up. Now every time I try to set up my Hotmail account it takes me online to my email account. I want to just be able to check it without having to go online all the time.

I hate the new browser that is included in this ROM. I can't close out tabs, when loading a page it doesn't load the whole page of a forum, I have to click next page over and over again, it doesn't load all the picture on webpages. I loved the old internet on the previous MMROM. What can I do to fix these quirks?

Thanks in advance

hypeo 03-24-2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summit (Post 1654481)
If my preferred GUI is SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.3, and MR 021010 is working flawlessly, is there any reason I should upgrade to the latest WAR 032310 ROM? It seems most of the "improvements" are Sense UI oriented? (question for Mike - but others welcome to chime in)

there are numerous behind the scene improvements on this rom besides Sense,, just go to the front page and you will see the change log.

I guess I should just start using the multiquote!!