PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Update Now Available!║

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahzorr View Post
one more question about task29 do i have to put my phone into bootloader or if i flash the rom will it do it automatically?
You need to have the RHODIMG.nbh file ready to go on your SD card. Then put the phone into bootloader mode and it will find the .nbh automatically and ask if you want to flash to it

You will not be able to flash via the standard .exe method using activesync/wmdc as there will be no OS on the phone to load. It will just hang at the boot screen, which is why you need the .nbh ready to go

EDIT: Alright, everyone on the following page is saying this post is misleading so let me clarify... These instructions are ONLY for those wanting to flash via the rhodimg.nbh method. If you want to go into bootloader to flash directly from the .exe, you can still do so. Just make sure you don't have the rhodimg file on your SD card or else the bootloader will try to flash that way instead

When saying he can't use activesync/wmdc, I was trying to say that he wouldn't be able to load up his phone as usual since there is no OS to load as this has thrown some users off before... apologies for the confusion

Last edited by Eschelon; 05-01-2010 at 12:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
You need to have the RHODIMG.nbh file ready to go on your SD card. Then put the phone into bootloader mode and it will find the .nbh automatically and ask if you want to flash to it

You will not be able to flash via the standard .exe method using activesync/wmdc as there will be no OS on the phone to load. It will just hang at the boot screen, which is why you need the .nbh ready to go

i just put my my phone in bootloader and reflashed my rom via computer it worked fine.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
do i have to reput on radio b4 or ever b4 flashing my rom?
Quote:
one more question about task29 do i have to put my phone into bootloader or if i flash the rom will it do it automatically?
If you use Ziggy's task29 cab from post #6 here you don't need to mess with the radio at all, just run like you're flashing a rom....once completed, put into boot loader screen and run MightyROM, it will flash like normal.

EDIT...I see it's been answered multiple times
Old 05-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
i just put my my phone in bootloader and reflashed my rom via computer it worked fine.
...yea, I supposed you could do that too... I thought you were asking how to flash the rhodimg
Old 05-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've used Task29 many times now and I still flash from my computer. I just put my phone on bootloader and flash the regular EXE way.

Quote:

Last edited by hypeo; 05-01-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
This is not completely true Eschelon, I've used Task29 many times now and I still flash from my computer. I just put my phone on bootloader and flash the regular EXE way.
See the post above yours, champ

I thought he was asking how to flash the rhodimg file so I was instructing him how to do solely that
Regular 'Geeker

hookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjay View Post
If you use Ziggy's task29 cab from post #6 here you don't need to mess with the radio at all, just run like you're flashing a rom....once completed, put into boot loader screen and run MightyROM, it will flash like normal.

EDIT...I see it's been answered multiple times
sorry big thread wasnt paying attention

Quote:
...yea, I supposed you could do that too... I thought you were asking how to flash the rhodimg
no just make sure i dont F*** up my phone thanks for all your help
Old 05-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiraloz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My process:

1) Run Task 29 from PC » Get TouchPro2 Screen
2) Go to Bootloader Screen -- Red Blue Green Screen -- by pulling out the battery, replacing it, and pressing Volume Down + Power (top)
3) Connect USB cable » Bottom of bootloader screen should change from Serial to USB
4) Run ROM Update Utility or Exe file on PC and follow the regular process.
5) Clear Storage Once More for the heck of it.
6) Customize as necessary and Enjoy the Phone

Quote:
Quote:

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My bad!! ha ha, this thing is moving so fast I missed that one!!

Quote:
See the post above yours, champ

I thought he was asking how to flash the rhodimg file so I was instructing him how to do solely that
Old 05-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by siraloz View Post
My process:

1) Run Task 29 from PC » Get TouchPro2 Screen
2) Go to Bootloader Screen -- Red Blue Green Screen -- by pulling out the battery, replacing it, and pressing Volume Down + Power (top)
3) Connect USB cable » Bottom of bootloader screen should change from Serial to USB
4) Run ROM Update Utility or Exe file on PC and follow the regular process.
5) Clear Storage Once More for the heck of it.
6) Customize as necessary and Enjoy the Phone
cool i will do that now on i was just a little scared i didnt know that task29 completely wiped your rom image that is pretty cool nice and clean now time to retweak too bad i didnt do this the first time
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2