PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 03:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO II
Carrier: Sprint PCS

gabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuffgabbythe1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to gabbythe1
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Hi all,
I have been out for awhile and kind of missed out on the actions and development here. Last I knew almost two weeks ago was rumors of a new release that has been circulating around. Are we still to expect it or must the rest of us (None Tester members) continue to agonize endlessly after this all revolutionizing ROM?
I guess the Chef hasn`t finished perfecting his ROM yet. Anyhow, thanks Mike for all your hard work and hopefully we`ll finally delight in your new ROM sooner rather than later.

Last edited by gabbythe1; 04-30-2010 at 03:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatboy29m View Post
Anybody else volume mysteriously turning down to silent on its own?
You are not by chance running a custom TB are you? They have been known effect volume. I would also check you app/mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
My understanding of the airave that it in essence acts somewhat like a VOIP phone and uses your broadband connection to send and recieve that phone signal. While it is programed to "know" your location for E-911, that location is not used in determining the local weather. The actual "my location" weather data is the location that is broadcast from a physical cell tower.
Also, for some of the people that are getting wonky locations when they are connected to the airave, I think that has to do with where the call ends up getting transferred from the airave system to an actual cell tower system. It may for some reason pick up that location info and tag it to your weather.

David
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmediaguy View Post
Common misconception is that the HTC/Google My Location service works from the hardware GPS chip, but actually it determines your location based on the cell tower you are connected to. You know when you start Google Maps, for example, and it can almost immediately say "Your location within 1,000 meters" (or some number)? That's based on your cell tower, and that's the location data that is passed to the weather service for lookup. If WiFi is turned on, and if location data can be determined from your WiFi access point, it will override the cell-tower location data. (These methods are used, rather than true hardware GPS, to avoid having to run the GPS chip only to update location data, and also based on the presumption that it takes too long to get a GPS lock indoors, especially in multi-story buildings.)

What this means is that the location service will think you are in a radically different location if you are on an Airave. It doesn't have anything to do with which connection (1X or EVDO) is used to pull the weather data; it's simply based on the fact that the Airave "becomes" your cell tower -- and since the Airave isn't a true cell tower with a known location, the lookup defaults to wherever the Airave service's Internet point of presence is located. Similarly, if you are on WiFi your location might be very accurate or very inaccurate, depending on what kind of broadband you have and how your ISP maps its subnets.

Hope that helps.
Thanks guys!! it makes sense. For me it was not a major issue. I did not feel that t was a MR issue, but i was not sure why this was happening.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbythe1 View Post
Hi all,
I have been out for awhile and kind of missed out on the actions and development here. Last I knew almost two weeks ago was rumors of a new release that has been circulating around. Are we still to expect it or must the rest of us (None Tester members) continue to agonize endlessly after this all revolutionizing ROM?
I guess the Chef hasn`t finished perfecting his ROM yet. Anyhow, thanks Mike for all your hard work and hopefully we`ll finally delight in your new ROM sooner rather than later.
Check out the post here
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

signalsoldier is a n00b

Here is something crazy....maybe I a overlooking something. For some reason or another I can install a ringtone with no issues...however when I go to the "NewText Message" option to change its audio it does not see the file .wma or .wav file that I installed in the "ringtone" folder. I can see the files in the "Incoming Call" option but I cannot seem to be able to install a custom clip for the incoming text. My choices are all stock files.

any ideas gents?

**edit**

I did install the file inside the "Rings" folder and nothing happens.

Last edited by signalsoldier; 04-30-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

RogueWelkin is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to RogueWelkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalsoldier View Post
Here is something crazy....maybe I a overlooking something. For some reason or another I can install a ringtone with no issues...however when I go to the "Incoming Text Message" option to change its audio it does not see the file .wma or .wav file that I installed in the "ringtone" folder. I can see the files in the "Incoming Call" option but I cannot seem to be able to install a custom clip for the incoming text. My choices are all stock files.

any ideas gents?
Those sounds don't recognize the ringtone folder, just put the sounds in the windows directory and you'll be able to select those sounds for alarms and text messages and such.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

nismo95tt is just getting started

Here's to hoping that the SE will offer the previous special Mighty touches, like "Show on Map" from a contact's page...

The latest Google Maps, seems to have removed the "Lookup Contact" feature (unless I was just blind, and missed it)...
Old 04-30-2010, 03:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro2

Soulmatic is becoming a great contributor

zomg. im getting antsy.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:31 PM
TdiDave

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I will be glad to see something soon, as the last official MR Rom is strarting to melt down. I cant make it thru the day with out 4 to 5 resets, battery life has went to the crapper. Its really strange i have been on this rom for over a month and have added nothing new or removed anyting. It worked great for the first several week and now it painfull to use.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

hookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhookahzorr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueWelkin View Post
Those sounds don't recognize the ringtone folder, just put the sounds in the windows directory and you'll be able to select those sounds for alarms and text messages and such.
You can also put them in the root of your storage card to get them to show up in the text message thing.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

RogueWelkin is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to RogueWelkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahzorr View Post
You can also put them in the root of your storage card to get them to show up in the text message thing.
Yeah...I remembered that after I made the post, I usually just do the Windows folder myself, I don't like have stuff hanging around the root of my memory card.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2