PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuffmrmediaguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ║MightyROM.com║ ║Windows Phone®║ ║Sense UI 2.5║

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1234 View Post
i'm on mightyrom most recent stable release (3/23), that's why i'm posting this question here. my location for my weather in touchflo is terribly wrong only inside my house. i use an airave at home and i know this should have no influence on things since i believe the airave only operates at 1x while the weather updates via Evdo and i never see it updating using 1x speeds. either way, i just updated my weather right outside of thw home inside my parking lot of my complex and the location was spot on... then i walked inside, let my phone switch over to find my airave and updated again and boom.. terribly wrong location... only happens inside my home and seemingly while i'm attached to my airave... anyone had similar phenomenon?
Common misconception is that the HTC/Google My Location service works from the hardware GPS chip, but actually it determines your location based on the cell tower you are connected to. You know when you start Google Maps, for example, and it can almost immediately say "Your location within 1,000 meters" (or some number)? That's based on your cell tower, and that's the location data that is passed to the weather service for lookup. If WiFi is turned on, and if location data can be determined from your WiFi access point, it will override the cell-tower location data. (These methods are used, rather than true hardware GPS, to avoid having to run the GPS chip only to update location data, and also based on the presumption that it takes too long to get a GPS lock indoors, especially in multi-story buildings.)

What this means is that the location service will think you are in a radically different location if you are on an Airave. It doesn't have anything to do with which connection (1X or EVDO) is used to pull the weather data; it's simply based on the fact that the Airave "becomes" your cell tower -- and since the Airave isn't a true cell tower with a known location, the lookup defaults to wherever the Airave service's Internet point of presence is located. Similarly, if you are on WiFi your location might be very accurate or very inaccurate, depending on what kind of broadband you have and how your ISP maps its subnets.

Hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
If I may add to this when you boot into safe mode with networking support you need to open and run a program called rkill http://www.technibble.com/rkill-repa...the-week/after the program has finished. Your explorer will automatically restart and you will be looking at your desktop open up malware bytes and then click on update it should go through and do the update if it does not do then update and it says malwarebytes cannot connect to update site. You need to open up the program files folder open up the malware bytes folder you will see a program in there that says MBAM.exe rightclick mbam.exe and click rename name it something totally different like shs123.exe after that click ok double click shs123.exe program will open up then click update after it has downloaded the updates run a full scan. Delete everything it finds it will ask you to restart the computer say yes. When the computer gets back to normal mode go to start, my computer, c drive, windows, system 32, drives, etc, open up your host file an open file window will come up choose to open with notepad normal host file should only have 127.0.0.1 localhost if your on xp if your on vista
127.0.0.1 local host
::1
anything below that line ie would need to be deleted
127.0.0.1 local host
::1
65.45.34.23 virusfree download <~~~~~~ you need to delete anything that looks like this
After that is done go back to program files under malwarebytes folder double click shs123.exe go to quarentine and delete everything in quarentine. After that click scanner run another full scan should take about 30 minutes to a few hours depending on how big your harddrive is and thats it virus free computer. That way if you fix yourself your IT department won't put restrictions against your account depending on the company you work for several of the companies I do consultanting for makes me put restrictions against the account on a domain level that prevents a lot of things that you used to be able to do. Hope this helps.
Sorry to get way OT here but i have been finding that the best way to get rid of this crapware is to remove the hard drive and connect it to a clean comuter (I keep one in my shop just for this) and scan it as a external drive. If its the virus that I'm thinking of, it blocks most antimalware/AV websites and disables your AV/antimalware programs...including running them in safe mode. After scanning from a clean computer several times, I have to use a regedit called "fixexe" to reassociate all the file types with their proper commands.
For the last several computers I've worked on, it ended up being easier to just recover the documents and reinstall the OS. However, I sometimes like a challenge so cleaning and defeating it was more fun.
Finally, after talking with the owners of the infected computers, I have found that most of the viruses probably came from rogue banner adds. (several of the people used their infected computers ONLY on facebook). I've gotten several warnings from my AV software obout blocked scripts - including several right here on PPCgeeks - that could have caused problems had they not been stopped. So, always run good and updated antivirus software and sandboxing is a good idea too as previously mentioned.

Now back to our regularly scheduled forum thread.

Hey Mike,
I'm anxiously awaiting your next release! I have a VIRGIN Touchpro running a stock ROM 2 that is only a week old and is waiting to be flashed with your latest ROM.
I'm coming over from the TP (RootROM) and have been doing my research and look forward to trying out one of yuor excellent ROM's this weekend.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

biff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbiff6789 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Alright, the speculation is starting up again so I'll give you guys a hint (and this does not violate Mike's rules since he slipped a few hints out earlier regarding this)

Mike is going to drop something within the next 36 hours, quite possibly sooner that than even

And darren.wlsn is right... for those of you running OF waiting for SE to drop, you are absolutely going to love it. I (as well as a few others) have been running it since before FF was even created, and I haven't had to soft reset my phone once since then. Stable as nails and there's a lot of eye candy never before seen in any previous special release

I won't say if what ROMs he'll be releasing when, but something is coming VERY soon
WooHoo! Thanks for telling us, man. You just made my weekend
Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Thanks EVERYONE!!! for all the IT related feedback for my virus problem yesterday.

It has been in my IT groups hands since yesterday and I hear they are almost done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Sorry to get way OT here but i have been finding that the best way to get rid of this crapware is to remove the hard drive and connect it to a clean comuter (I keep one in my shop just for this) and scan it as a external drive. If its the virus that I'm thinking of, it blocks most antimalware/AV websites and disables your AV/antimalware programs...including running them in safe mode. After scanning from a clean computer several times, I have to use a regedit called "fixexe" to reassociate all the file types with their proper commands.
For the last several computers I've worked on, it ended up being easier to just recover the documents and reinstall the OS. However, I sometimes like a challenge so cleaning and defeating it was more fun.
Finally, after talking with the owners of the infected computers, I have found that most of the viruses probably came from rogue banner adds. (several of the people used their infected computers ONLY on facebook). I've gotten several warnings from my AV software obout blocked scripts - including several right here on PPCgeeks - that could have caused problems had they not been stopped. So, always run good and updated antivirus software and sandboxing is a good idea too as previously mentioned.

Now back to our regularly scheduled forum thread.

Hey Mike,
I'm anxiously awaiting your next release! I have a VIRGIN Touchpro running a stock ROM 2 that is only a week old and is waiting to be flashed with your latest ROM.
I'm coming over from the TP (RootROM) and have been doing my research and look forward to trying out one of yuor excellent ROM's this weekend.

David

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!

Last edited by toddpedersen; 04-30-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Alright, the speculation is starting up again so I'll give you guys a hint (and this does not violate Mike's rules since he slipped a few hints out earlier regarding this)

Mike is going to drop something within the next 36 hours, quite possibly sooner that than even

And darren.wlsn is right... for those of you running OF waiting for SE to drop, you are absolutely going to love it. I (as well as a few others) have been running it since before FF was even created, and I haven't had to soft reset my phone once since then. Stable as nails and there's a lot of eye candy never before seen in any previous special release

I won't say if what ROMs he'll be releasing when, but something is coming VERY soon
I'll second the SE, it's freaking awesome.

All I have to say is that my server is going to suffer.

And Esch, what's it with that sunset avatar, I found you much better. lol

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
Old 04-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
I'll second the SE, it's freaking awesome.

And Esch, what's it with that sunset avatar, I found you much better. lol

Z
LOL. Well, it's been a year so I figured I may as well as an avatar by now

I grew up in SoCal and my wife is a blond surfer girl from Hawaii... so the beach is hard-wired into us I'll switch out the avatar from time to time though

And I speak several languages so once in a while I'll change out my 'vip' tag to something foreign and you can have fun figuring out what it says
Old 04-30-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

walter17 is just getting started

Quote:

I feel a server crash coming on very soon.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This will be your attempt to cool your server the day of the release!! ha ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post

Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Server fire.jpg (33.1 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!

Old 04-30-2010, 01:42 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino331 View Post
I'll try arkswitch - thanks for the tip
+1 on Ark....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I feel this quote is appropriate once again regarding the release date:

"Nobody knows. Mike takes direction only from the wind and speaks only to trees. To predict his actions is to persuade the mountains to move or the clouds to speak. As the water through the ocean, so moves the ROMs from Mike's mind; Beautifully and randomly, guiding the waves to where they belong."

Thank Bradart for that one!!!
LMAO I remember that quote!!!

Quote:
LOL. Well, it's been a year so I figured I may as well as an avatar by now

I grew up in SoCal and my wife is a blond surfer girl from Hawaii... so the beach is hard-wired into us I'll switch out the avatar from time to time though

And I speak several languages so once in a while I'll change out my 'vip' tag to something foreign and you can have fun figuring out what it says
You want me to make you a Flyers one.....lol

Last edited by flyers2114; 04-30-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHoDiUM (TP2)
Carrier: CRiCkeT

rhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIPrhyme187 is a VIP

FF Beta is Pure Sex so i guess SE is Gonna be automatically orgasmic lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2