PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by responseataol View Post
i refuse to believe that logic...and thankfully im sure your not the authority...im absolutely positive that somewhere out there someone would like the same "theme" that i do...and im also positive that someone on this board can do it =) -- but mr elite..thanks for your input.

also, the font size in menus is only half the issue, the other is the color to the font on the main screen...and these really arent issues, or even gripes..they are merely observations about my experiences with my device...this is an open forum with people discussing their phones...im just seeing if anyone on the board has an interest in my particular observations and would like to see them resolved..
TO ADJUST THE SIZE OF YOUR POP UP MENU FONT DO THE FOLLOWING:

If you are comfortable with editing the registry, take the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\GWE\Menu\PopFnt

Here, you will find two values you can tweak and fine tune.
Go to the HT value and reduce it's size. Right now mine is at 1200, so you can probably drop your size to around 800.
Now go to the WT value. Mine is currently 800, so you can probably reduce this to around 400 or 500. Save your settings, and soft reset. You should notice a significant difference. If you need more reduction, adjust accordingly. If you went too far, add some back to it. You will need to soft reset after every adjustment to get a look at what you have done.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by GaryMcQ; 06-12-2010 at 06:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

responseataol is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMcQ View Post
Hope this helps.
much appreciated - will test now -- thanks for the advice...any ideas on the other half? (font color main screen..)
Old 06-12-2010, 12:44 AM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
much appreciated - will test now -- thanks for the advice...any ideas on the other half? (font color main screen..)
I typed..."Change font color windows mobile 6.5" in google(it WORKS)...heres what came up...

EDIT: Removed prog...as it didn't work correctly...

Last edited by tjELITE; 06-12-2010 at 01:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

GaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on repGaryMcQ is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
I typed..."Change font color windows mobile 6.5" in google(it WORKS)...heres what came up...
TJ when you say it works, are you saying that you have tried the cab and it works, or are you saying that searching Google works? I would be very interested to see just what all this cab changes. Maybe responseataol can fill us in?
Thanks given . . .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Lurker

Quote:
TJ when you say it works, are you saying that you have tried the cab and it works, or are you saying that searching Google works? I would be very interested to see just what all this cab changes. Maybe responseataol can fill us in?
Thanks given . . .
just tried the program, then tried the updated one direct from the coders site - both crash each time - stating that it cant find quickcolor.exe..
Old 06-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Lurker

Quote:
this helps.
SPOT ON. worked PERFECTLY with your recommendations. Thank you VERY much. My fonts are now a normal level in pop up menus. Thanks again!!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
just tried the program, then tried the updated one direct from the coders site - both crash each time - stating that it cant find quickcolor.exe..
BUMMER!
How about the registry edit. Did I understand correctly what you were wanting to do, and if so, did it work for you?

Sorry for the question. I guess we were posting about the same time, and yours beat mine to the thread.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Lurker

no worries - thanks again for the attention and help!! im stoked we got it resolved...the font size was the bigger issue for me -- also, for others wondering, taking sense OFF actually reduces start up time (from completely off to completely booted up) by about a full 66%! (for me anyway)
Old 06-12-2010, 01:46 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zing Zing View Post
^^^ Another 'Thread Police' on patrol. lol.........
please would you kindly go troll somewhere else this thread does not need it just like every other thread on this board, I say it again, if you don't have anything constructive to say or helpful lets just keep it to your self.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Masterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good workMasterface7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterface7 View Post
Hi, I am having trouble finding the reg edit's created as a general consensus of mightyrom users. It is just general edits like adding stuff to the show in task manager list, deleting startup lnks etc. If someone has the .xml file instead of the cab that would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjELITE View Post
HUH?? There were reg edits created in a general consensus??? I guess most reg edits are to each there own...some people do things one way...others do it another way...its preferences
While I would normal agree I found it quite a while ago and that is how it was described to me. Anyway here it is however It is not working in my xda_uc setup (I just use sdconfig.txt )so if anybody wants to look at this xml and tell me if anything is wrong that would be appreciated.
I added the last file operation and the last 7 reg_edits
Attached Files
File Type: txt reg_edits.txt (4.9 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Programs: PocketIRC, Total Commander, Sprint Arcsoft MMS, Mocha FTP, GCzII, Groovemobile, Dotfred Taskmgr, Resco Radio, Kbd Controller, Explorer ext., Opera Mobile, Opera Mini 5, Skyfire, Bing, Azgard Tower defense, Palm Heros
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2