PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░ Update Available!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Thanks Dave for the quick reply, but my data is already off (i am abroad right now, so I don't want fb to use my data plan).
Ahhh that may be why then. If you have traveled out of a CDMA network and are doing GSM via your sim card, then that may be the reason its trying to use data instead of WIFI. Try taking your sim card out, turn data off and use wifi. Seems like a lot to do, but it may work.

David
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:48 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I did that already, but with no avail
Old 05-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
I did that already, but with no avail
Bummer. Sorry. Was hoping that would do the trick.

David

EDIT: Have you gont into Data in the wireless settings and manually changed your data provider to "my ISP" or "work network"? For instance, when I am on a data connection, mine is set to "sprint". I wonder if changing yours to "my ISP" or "Work" would work for you? Its in the advanced settings in data.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 05-31-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

bteljuice,
Are you even able to connect to a wifi network? I'm just wondering if it has something to do with the wifi standards wherever you are "abroad" (Edit) I saw that your other network is Alfa . I know my router has different settings for use in the US and Europe.

David
Old 05-31-2010, 11:56 AM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post

David
Thanks for trying anyway, appreciate it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Guys, don't miss this opportunity to buy stuff from Zagg at 50% off for Memorial Day Sale.

http://www.zagg.com/

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by hypeo; 05-31-2010 at 12:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:

David

EDIT: Have you gont into Data in the wireless settings and manually changed your data provider to "my ISP" or "work network"? For instance, when I am on a data connection, mine is set to "sprint". I wonder if changing yours to "my ISP" or "Work" would work for you? Its in the advanced settings in data.

David
We do think alike Yes, I have tried that as well. That is why I am confused of why it happened all of a sudden.

Quote:
bteljuice,
Are you even able to connect to a wifi network? I'm just wondering if it has something to do with the wifi standards wherever you are "abroad" (Edit) I saw that your other network is Alfa . I know my router has different settings for use in the US and Europe.

David
Yes, I am able to connect through WIFI. Opera mini works and Parlingo as well. Only FB app keeps telling me "retreiving data....". Weird huh.

Alfa is the network I connect to in Lebanon when I have my Lebanese Sim Card. But I am still using my Fido Sim Card.

Very kind kind of you for trying all you can to help, I really appreciate your concern and help
Old 05-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Guys, don't miss this opportunity to buy stuff from Zagg at 50% off for Memorial Day Sale.

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks Hypeo! Thats a Zagg invisishield to the TP2 for 7.49 +shipping.

Note, the discount price is not reflected until you add the item to your cart.

Good find!

David

EDIT: Just realized I hit post #500 and am "halfway to VIP" Yaaaaaayyy!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Congratulations, your half way there!!

Quote:
Thanks Hypeo! Thats a Zagg invisishield to the TP2 for 7.49 +shipping.

Note, the discount price is not reflected until you add the item to your cart.

Good find!

David

EDIT: Just realized I hit post #500 and am "halfway to VIP" Yaaaaaayyy!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post

Hope this helps someone.
Is that invisible Shield any good? Does it affect sensitivity?

I found some ebay shields that are mirror like. What about them? do they affect sensitivity?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
htc touch pro 2, mightyrom, sounds, touch pro 2, tp2