PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: Update[9-23-10]★SharkieROM v1.3★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

WADDUP!!! this last release has been wonderful for me!! can't get enough of it!! no issues here at all,cht 2.0 is running great on the rom!! gonna try out the trans. weather widget .cab so big thanks for that,i hate panels

also thanks for the update about the task manager,but with no issues here im gonna wait on your next release!! wish i had a issue to report i'll see if i can break something lol

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 with MR3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kdjameson is keeping up the good workkdjameson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
The screenshot shows what it does. It's actually a 'fake landscape' in that the phone is still in portrait mode, sense is just displayed as rotated. It's the default behavior for the Oboe and Leo ROMs, as they do not have keyboards and usually have enablelandscape=false under the same registry location. I set both of the folllowing keys to true, and get either the normal landscape with the slider or fake landscape if I just rotate phone on it's side (and do not add sense to g-sensor auto-rotation). If it does not work for you, it could be the sensor sdk (though I'm using Sprint Sense versionv4.2.19221329.01).
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"EnableFullScreen"=dword:1
"EnableLandscape"="true"
@Mwalt2:
My TP2 registry (Sharkie's 6.5 ROM) already has the settings you mentioned for EnableFullScreen and EnableLandscape, but the music and photo tabs don't rotate when the phone is rotated. I know this function works on my phone with EnergyROM, InfernoROM and others.

@Sharkie:
Maybe your efforts to include an automatic rotate feature early on in your ROM development caused a conflict? (Just guessing ... the first step in debugging. :P ) Anyway, I hope you can figure it out.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Got it! I just have to figure out why the wallpaper isn't covering the entire screen... The taskbars aren't really there. It was just the beginning of it starting to rotate back when I used shake n shave to take the pic.

You were right, it was Flip_It that was causing the inability to access this landscape layout. Needless to say , I've removed the program for now, but would like to add it back in IF I can do so without screwing with the landscape mode.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 10-03-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:36 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

1 thing i notice is when you turn screen off then when you go to turn it on the screen is dim until you hit any hardware key, start or back. which is strange cause i dont use the dim backlight feature. i use no dim and always @ 50%. so this is a bit annoying to power screen on then also hit a hw key to see the screen. i noticed this on all but never remember to say it. but i also noticed, back on cht 1.8.5 once i enabled the cht lockscreen this issue went away. i havent yet enabled the lock in cht 2 so thats why i notice it agian. ill enable it and see if it goes away.

mmtask is working great. that same creator making a beta start menu replacement. very buggy, 4 me but maybe down the road usefull; recent list, favs, all list. integrated to start. maybe you like the idea, im still un sure as its buggy now but w/ the use of this or even all the quicklinks you can have using cht maybe you could 86 the programs tab, if it brings more space? just an idea

cant wait to see new rom w/ sum skin on cht2...
Old 10-03-2010, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

I don't and never have had that problem of the screen not fully waking up. Whether I use the power button to turn off the screen or psShutXP to turn the display off, it always come back on the way it should, which in my case is 100% brightness. I gotta go with something that you've done.

Anyone else have this issue?

I had seen MM new start menu mod before and it does look cool, but like you said it's still too buggy for me.

Even if I ever do use that and even though CHT v2.0 is out, I will never lose the Programs Tab. I love it! I've loved it since my Mogul Manila 2D days. I was soooo happy when Kimi made is mod for 2.5. I'll be honest, I rarely use it, but I still love having it back. It's just one of those things, sorry At least you can disable it now without another start menu link.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
WADDUP!!! this last release has been wonderful for me!! can't get enough of it!! no issues here at all,cht 2.0 is running great on the rom!! gonna try out the trans. weather widget .cab so big thanks for that,i hate panels

also thanks for the update about the task manager,but with no issues here im gonna wait on your next release!! wish i had a issue to report i'll see if i can break something lol
I feel the EXACT same way! I almost feel bad cuz I don't have a lot of feedback, but the ROM just works! I just moved from CO to TX a couple days ago and had a couple issues with voice/data connection, but that was on my end and a *228 fixed it no problem!

Thanks to Sharkie!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks for that Kliptik. I wonder sometimes why the thread is so dead and then I think about ROM threads that are really rockin' all the time and why they are rockin' all the time is usually because everyone's looking for fixes for this and that.

I tell myself that it's because people aren't having that many issues and so, as you said, there's just not much to say.

Glad to know that's the case!

What I've been working on is moving up to Sense 2019. Well a Core 2019 package and mostly 2018 packages except for a couple 2011 that just work better always. That part has gone pretty good. I'm not having any Sense issues at the moment.

The release of CHT v2.0 did distract me for a couple of days though.

I've also added links to all the Sense Tabs. This was brought on by CHT v2.0 having the tab links and realizing that a couple that I use were missing. Once I learned how to make the links, I figured it'd be nice to have links to them all, even without CHT. This way, if you wanted to not run CHT or revert back to CHT v1.8.5 you would still be able to set Tabs as quicklinks. My reasoning behind it is that I really hate the slider. It's almost impossilbe to actually slide to a tab and stop on the correct tab every time even if you're only sliding one tab over. So you can put you most used tabs as the first 4 and then some other tabs as quicklinks right above those, or have an entire quicklink page of tabs, whatever. I'm installing this all as a cab at boot, so if you don't like it, you can remove it, no harm done.

As you can see, I've also been toying with Footprints. It's pretty cool. I don't know that I would ever use it. I may or may not include it. I've still got issues with the GPS Camera not wanting to intialize though. It will initialize quickly if I've opened Google Maps and run that GPS, but if I don't open Google Maps first, it will sit on the intializing GPS... until is stops trying and just goes to the regular camera. Anyone know how to fix that??

Anyway, if I can't get that fixed, I definitely won't be adding it. And even if I can get that fixed, I still may not add it. I just don't think many people actually use it.

What are anyone's thoughts on adding the Footprints tab or not?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 10-03-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Thanks for that Kliptik. I wonder sometimes why the thread is so dead and then I think about ROM threads that are really rockin' all the time and why they are rockin' all the time is usually because everyone's looking for fixes for this and that.

I tell myself that it's because people aren't having that many issues and so, as you said, there's just not much to say.

Glad to know that's the case!

What I've been working on is moving up to Sense 2019. Well a Core 2019 package and mostly 2018 packages except for a couple 2011 that just work better always. That part has gone pretty good. I'm not having any Sense issues at the moment.

The release of CHT v2.0 did distract me for a couple of days though.

I've also added links to all the Sense Tabs. This was brought on by CHT v2.0 having the tab links and realizing that a couple that I use were missing. Once I learned how to make the links, I figured it'd be nice to have links to them all, even without CHT. This way, if you wanted to not run CHT or revert back to CHT v1.8.5 you would still be able to set Tabs as quicklinks. My reasoning behind it is that I really hate the slider. It's almost impossilbe to actually slide to a tab and stop on the correct tab every time even if you're only sliding one tab over. So you can put you most used tabs as the first 4 and then some other tabs as quicklinks right above those, or have an entire quicklink page of tabs, whatever. I'm installing this all as a cab at boot, so if you don't like it, you can remove it, no harm done.

As you can see, I've also been toying with Footprints. It's pretty cool. I don't know that I would ever use it. I may or may not include it. I've still got issues with the GPS Camera not wanting to intialize though. It will initialize quickly if I've opened Google Maps and run that GPS, but if I don't open Google Maps first, it will sit on the intializing GPS... until is stops trying and just goes to the regular camera. Anyone know how to fix that??

Anyway, if I can't get that fixed, I definitely won't be adding it. And even if I can get that fixed, I still may not add it. I just don't think many people actually use it.

What are anyone's thoughts on adding the Footprints tab or not?
I think it would be cool as long as it was working properly.

Definitely excited to see the 2019/CHT combo!!! Also, using the quicklinks instead of the slider gives you more real estate to put stuff on the Home Tab.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
I feel the EXACT same way! I almost feel bad cuz I don't have a lot of feedback, but the ROM just works! I just moved from CO to TX a couple days ago and had a couple issues with voice/data connection, but that was on my end and a *228 fixed it no problem!

Thanks to Sharkie!!!
our chef rocks!! and im looking forward to some 2019 action as well!! this rom rocks and stuff!!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP 2
Carrier: VZW

karenes721 is becoming a great contributor

Hey guys - I d/l Sharkies last week and *LOVE* it - no battery pulls yet! I do have a problem with google maps or even bing maps finding me - any idea's as to what's up with the GPS? My weather can find me but that's about it. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development