PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 04:43 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Update[8-29-10-Hybrid v2.0]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
+1 on this You are an asset to this thread. I'd hate to lose you.
i sent him a pm also sharkie, sorry to upset your thread but i think he will return.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:05 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u
Re: Update[8-29-10-Hybrid v2.0]★SharkieROM★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
lol, i was joking bro, i linked him to a private dinik site that i dont want public but the blow me part was a joke. you know me by now(i thought) but as for the dinik police part i just dont want him pissed and stop making shit for cdma cause he really doesnt have too but im cool with you bro and you helped me out a bunch with posts/apps so dont hold my joke against op or the people you can help/share in this thread.

It's cool. It is squashed.

So what we got on the burner Sharkie?

Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Nothing extraordinarily new. I've built what I believe to be a more stable ROM as far as memory goes. I've been running it for few days with seemingly no memory issues. Just want to run it for a few more days to be sure.

I'll probably post v1.3 this weekend assuming I don't run into anymore issues.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:22 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

just wanted to clear up on the bootsplash issue a bit. we will start by saying theress 3 splash screens after boot; 1splash (1st one that can only be changed by flashing nbh) 2splash (which is the animated gif) 3splash (which is the welcomehead). my issue is with 2splash (you had it as a shark w/ sharkie rom on bottom of screen) which didnt look like a gif to me, dont know if there was supposed to be a animation or not to that 1. but whats the name of that file? thats the 1 that didnt change using jdm???icon changer using my own gif, so now i get no 2splash but im sure if i set it to default it would be fine. im not sure if the app looks for a certain file name to overwrite but it doesnt seem like its finding it either way. i could as well look threw windows\ and find it then know the name but i figured i ask cause it seemed easy enough, didnt think it was gonna get confusing.

noticed google maps wasnt the latest (4.1.1?) dont know if anything worthy. i dont ever use rotation apps since i found the key to rotate on button press using keybrd config., so i dont understand the reason 4 2 in this rom, maybe 1 does sumthing the other cant? the only gripe (im only 1 person w/ his own opinion an also realize this is not my rom, so take it as a grain of salt;did i say that saying right?) but anyways it the loaded apps, i use resco file (now 8.10 but i have to install by cab and you have a resco, total commander and stock file ex.. just seems it could be cut down to just the stock file ex. or even w/ total com. i also use midomi music id (v2.3 also has to install by cab but i just install over top yours but it never asks to uninstall previous (rom version) prolly cause its in rom, lol. that "other" browser ucweb? im sure its great for sum but 3 browsers are alot, i would just stick to stock ie and whatever version opera you see best fit. also noticed ther is no htc wifi router butreplaced w/ wmwifirouter (have to pay or its a old version, limited?) i normally use stock but i have v2.0 to try but agian i would have to install on top. those are the 1's on top my head but all im trying to say you could free up alot of storage space a leave the user w/ a bit more space (i could install apps to storage card but i actually like all apps to device and leave my card for game apps, music, movies and cab an theme cabs)

dont read into my post the wrong way, just sum thouughts or ideas...
Old 09-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
just wanted to clear up on the bootsplash issue a bit. we will start by saying theress 3 splash screens after boot; 1splash (1st one that can only be changed by flashing nbh) 2splash (which is the animated gif) 3splash (which is the welcomehead). my issue is with 2splash (you had it as a shark w/ sharkie rom on bottom of screen) which didnt look like a gif to me, dont know if there was supposed to be a animation or not to that 1. but whats the name of that file? thats the 1 that didnt change using jdm???icon changer using my own gif, so now i get no 2splash but im sure if i set it to default it would be fine. im not sure if the app looks for a certain file name to overwrite but it doesnt seem like its finding it either way. i could as well look threw windows\ and find it then know the name but i figured i ask cause it seemed easy enough, didnt think it was gonna get confusing.

noticed google maps wasnt the latest (4.1.1?) dont know if anything worthy. i dont ever use rotation apps since i found the key to rotate on button press using keybrd config., so i dont understand the reason 4 2 in this rom, maybe 1 does sumthing the other cant? the only gripe (im only 1 person w/ his own opinion an also realize this is not my rom, so take it as a grain of salt;did i say that saying right?) but anyways it the loaded apps, i use resco file (now 8.10 but i have to install by cab and you have a resco, total commander and stock file ex.. just seems it could be cut down to just the stock file ex. or even w/ total com. i also use midomi music id (v2.3 also has to install by cab but i just install over top yours but it never asks to uninstall previous (rom version) prolly cause its in rom, lol. that "other" browser ucweb? im sure its great for sum but 3 browsers are alot, i would just stick to stock ie and whatever version opera you see best fit. also noticed ther is no htc wifi router butreplaced w/ wmwifirouter (have to pay or its a old version, limited?) i normally use stock but i have v2.0 to try but agian i would have to install on top. those are the 1's on top my head but all im trying to say you could free up alot of storage space a leave the user w/ a bit more space (i could install apps to storage card but i actually like all apps to device and leave my card for game apps, music, movies and cab an theme cabs)

dont read into my post the wrong way, just sum thouughts or ideas...
Well said on the boot splash screens.

In regards to WMWifiRouter, it's an old BETA version, so no pay, and no limits. I use it all the time, works great!
Old 09-15-2010, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've not kept up on the newest versions of all the apps due to being preoccupied with other aspects of the ROM. I'll update the ones you mentioned and check for other updates as well.

I replaced the wifi router with the one that's in there due to issues some were having with the wifi router 2.2 (I believe) that I had in there before. In hindsight the issues may have been with other areas and not actually the wifi router package I was using. I'll look into this again.

I included UCWeb because it's the one I use. It's faster than Opera 9.7 or 10 and IE, IMO. But, you're right. I've been thinking that 3 browsers was alot and was thinking of getting rid of Opera all together and let the user install what they like.

I'm only hesitant to start ripping out apps as one of the compliments I've received a lot was the seemingly ideal choice of apps I've included. More than one person said that they didn't have to install many of their apps cuz I already had them included.

But yes, I have removed quite a bit from the ROM already and will look into more.

I haven't look into the boot screen thing yet, but I will...

Added the latest Google maps v4.1.1.

Updated Bing and updated Midomi to v2.3.

Updated Rescoe File explorer to v8.10

Oh, and as far as the rotate screen deal. I have the app "Rotate Screen" as a quick one button way to rotate the screen. I have Flip it in there as a way to set certain apps and screens to auto rotate when the phone is changed without having to press a button. I use them both for different things. They will probably both stay in, although I may install one or both as a .cab at boot so it can be uninstalled if the user so chooses.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 09-16-2010 at 06:07 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (USC)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Kevinik is just getting started

First of all Thanks for the great ROM Sharkie.

I am having a problem with the Weather tab Settings. Everytime I try to put the check mark "Download data automatically" it restarts HTC Sense. The time scroll down of "Download data automatically" and Download when roaming are grayed out, can't change it it will only restarts HTC Sense.

Changing the topic a little a bit. This ROM like every other I tried out it won't update My Location using only airwaves just using Wi-Fi it will get a lock on "My Location" and update the local weather.

Another thing when I commit with the T-Mobile provisioning the taskbar icons changes, the speaker icon dissapears and the battery icon changes to the stock old battery with no numbers.

Just to let you know for later versions of the ROM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1[1].jpg (10.3 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2[1].jpg (3.8 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Kevinik; 09-16-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I've checked my weather auto update and it is and always has worked fine. I've never had a problem with it restarting sense. I also never have a problem with it finding my location. I have it set to do this automatically from the get go. Usually my location is found and weather is shown before anything else is set up.

Did you add any mods to the tab?

Did you Task29 before flashing the ROM? If not, that should be the first thing you try.

As far as T-Mobile provisioning, I've never looked inside that .cab, but I will late tonight or tomorrow sometime. I imagine I have an idea of what's going on.

Thanks for your feedback! Thanks for trying out my ROM too!

Does MMS work for you out of the box on T-Mobile? If not, can you post the MMS cab that you use?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 09-16-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 with MR3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kdjameson is keeping up the good workkdjameson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've not kept up on the newest versions of all the apps due to being preoccupied with other aspects of the ROM. I'll update the ones you mentioned and check for other updates as well.

I replaced the wifi router with the one that's in there due to issues some were having with the wifi router 2.2 (I believe) that I had in there before. In hindsight the issues may have been with other areas and not actually the wifi router package I was using. I'll look into this again.

I included UCWeb because it's the one I use. It's faster than Opera 9.7 or 10 and IE, IMO. But, you're right. I've been thinking that 3 browsers was alot and was thinking of getting rid of Opera all together and let the user install what they like.

I'm only hesitant to start ripping out apps as one of the compliments I've received a lot was the seemingly ideal choice of apps I've included. More than one person said that they didn't have to install many of their apps cuz I already had them included.

But yes, I have removed quite a bit from the ROM already and will look into more.

I haven't look into the boot screen thing yet, but I will...

Added the latest Google maps v4.1.1.

Updated Bing and updated Midomi to v2.3.

Updated Rescoe File explorer to v8.10

Oh, and as far as the rotate screen deal. I have the app "Rotate Screen" as a quick one button way to rotate the screen. I have Flip it in there as a way to set certain apps and screens to auto rotate when the phone is changed without having to press a button. I use them both for different things. They will probably both stay in, although I may install one or both as a .cab at boot so it can be uninstalled if the user so chooses.
Hey Sharkie,

Maybe you could do like someone suggested for the wallpapers. Provide a download link for less popular programs, and only include the most popular ones in your ROM. I already install a lot of programs on my own; that's the beauty of XDA_UC. Choice is good ... including the choice to have more available free space after flashing.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Parasurfer1979 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Yahoo to Parasurfer1979 Send a message via Skype™ to Parasurfer1979

Another thing i noticed is if i delete mail when in the mail Sense tap, they come right back when active sync does its thing. If i do it from wm, they delete permanently.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development