PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 10:36 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u
Re: Update[8-23-10]★SharkieROM-Hybrid★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I'm not sure that I can make a .cab to fix it. I will try and figure that out and get back to you...

It is now a permanent change in my kitchen, so yes, it will be fixed in all future ROMs.

there doesn't need to be a cab. If you post the png for the HTC symbol as it is with the same file name going into your rom all one would need to do is copy it to the windows folder and restart manila or at most soft reset the phone.

I am off the 6.5x, but everything ran fine and smooth. I was using some of my TBs but I need to venture to other 6.5x roms to make sure they worked.

Great work, keep it coming.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: Update[8-23-10]★SharkieROM-Hybrid★Generic\Sprint[23563\21911 BETA][Sense2016]

I think he means a permanent .cab fix. What you're suggesting would have to be done with every png you wanted to add, right? Anyway, the start menu file name in the ROMs is " Dusk-bubble_flag " and " Dusk-bubble_flag_disabled " if anyone wants to try it.

All I did to fix it was to change my .png to the standard classicblue_bubble_flag and classicblue_bubble_flag_disabled names and adjusted my .tsk to reflect the new name.

For those of you familiar with making .cab, you could go into your favorite start menu icon .cab and change the name of the two start menu icons to my dusk names and it should work.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-23-2010 at 10:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
It's awesome to hear that you've been rockin' all this time. I thought you had moved on\back to Mighty.

I've never had the issue you describe in 1). Has anyone else had this issue?

Glad you figured 2) out. Are you talking about the Verizon provisioning from StedySoft in the ROM? Perhaps I can have a look deeper into the Verizon .cab and see if I can change the fact that it adds those folders. It's strange that no one else as mentioned it. Maybe they just realized it was Verizon and just rolled with it. Anyone else on Verizon get this?

Did you ever get GTX up and running on v1.1? If so, can you post a screenie or two sometime?

Good to see you again!
Yeah I've been moving the last 2 days, is why I wasn't around. I'm gonna get GTX set up tonight/tomorrow so I'll post some screens once I've got it tweaked!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:53 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

Quote:
I think he means a permanent .cab fix. What you're suggesting would have to be done with every png you wanted to add, right? Anyway, the start menu file name in the ROMs is " Dusk-bubble_flag " and " Dusk-bubble_flag_disabled " if anyone wants to try it.

All I did to fix it was to change my .png to the standard classicblue_bubble_flag and classicblue_bubble_flag_disabled names and adjusted my .tsk to reflect the new name.

For those of you familiar with making .cab, you could go into your favorite start menu icon .cab and change the name of the two start menu icons to my dusk names and it should work.

Yeah it would need to be changed each time if you wanted a different start icon.

I know myself and Straitup27 have different 6.5x start icons placed around our SD cards so we can swap for the classic blue theme, this seems to be the theme most chefs use to skin over.
I know Tacchan23 has a folder in the documents folder on the phone when you install one of his 6.5x themes.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Hey Sharkie...

Am I missing something, or do you not have a "DONATE" button/link set up...?
Old 08-24-2010, 03:38 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

only 1 bug encountered on the hybrid..........twitter tab refuses to scroll up,other than that everything is perfect,as far as the start icon i will make up some cabs in the am when i get off work,if they work i will make a few for ppl to choose from and ect. and add to the 3rd or 4th post on pg 1

been running this rom with no issues!! i don't consider the twitter tab a "issue" just a minor bug

Old 08-24-2010, 03:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
only 1 bug encountered on the hybrid..........twitter tab refuses to scroll up,other than that everything is perfect,as far as the start icon i will make up some cabs in the am when i get off work,if they work i will make a few for ppl to choose from and ect. and add to the 3rd or 4th post on pg 1

been running this rom with no issues!! i don't consider the twitter tab a "issue" just a minor bug
My Twitter tab scrolls fine in portrait and in landscape... , but I did just notice that I have no pics in twitter just the blank HTC ones. Do you get that too?

Edit: So it must have just been a bad flash. I started noticing other weird problems too. I reflashed and Twitter is functioning 100% correctly here...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-24-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:28 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...117052&page=40

Check out post 396 which will point u to an easy oc program. Give them a try, suddenly the TP becomes turbocharged.

BTW still loving the 6.5 rom
Sorry, I missed this post earlier. Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out. Now I'm curious what my ROM will run at

I'm feeling you on the 6.5. Building one right now!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

I think the bug Straitup is referring to is where you go to the Twitter tab and update it. When you try to scroll up to see the new updates, it will bounce you back down to the tweet you were on and will not let you scroll up to the new tweets. You can go into All Tweets and then back out and then you can get to the new ones. I am seeing this also, but I have seen it on every rom where the Twitter tab is from 2018. Seems to be a glitch with 2018 that all the chefs are having. Like he said, not a big deal.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryNat View Post
I think the bug Straitup is referring to is where you go to the Twitter tab and update it. When you try to scroll up to see the new updates, it will bounce you back down to the tweet you were on and will not let you scroll up to the new tweets. You can go into All Tweets and then back out and then you can get to the new ones. I am seeing this also, but I have seen it on every rom where the Twitter tab is from 2018. Seems to be a glitch with 2018 that all the chefs are having. Like he said, not a big deal.
cory described it a tad bit better than i,i was on my lunch break and didn't have the time to do a detailed post

thank you Cory you have been thanked!

after a quick bite to eat i will tackle some start icons

edit: just tried it and it works like a charm thanks sharkie!!

Last edited by Straitup27; 08-24-2010 at 09:13 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development