PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSixfoota21 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update[8-15-10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Just to keep everyone in the loop... I'm still working on a 6.5 ROM. It's slow going. I'm having to learn what tweaks do/don't work with 6.5. Once I get that down, then I'll probably start releasing more frequent updates with new builds etc... and newer Sense builds than 2016.
The RSS feature on new Sense 2017/8 is growing on me !!!!!!! Please consider adding this awesome feature if you decide to release NON-CHT version. !! Its been awhile since change to default Sense w/o using cookie mod.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Update[8-15-10]★SharkieROM★-Generic\Sprint-[23563][Sense only (2016)][CHT\Standar

Alright so I've been running the released ROM for a couple days now, and so far so good! Wifi tethering is working great, battery life is okay (but it takes a few days for battery life to level out so I'm not worried), and I love having all of the apps I use all the time already cooked in! I seriously didn;t even have to run my UC cuz it was all pretty much installed already!

The only weird thing that's getting me, is that all my contacts didn't automatically download the Facebook pics... MY contacts are all still linked, but it's not DL'ing the pics. I have to go through each contact and set the pic to the FB pic...

Other than that, everything rocks!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
Alright so I've been running the released ROM for a couple days now, and so far so good! Wifi tethering is working great, battery life is okay (but it takes a few days for battery life to level out so I'm not worried), and I love having all of the apps I use all the time already cooked in! I seriously didn;t even have to run my UC cuz it was all pretty much installed already!

The only weird thing that's getting me, is that all my contacts didn't automatically download the Facebook pics... MY contacts are all still linked, but it's not DL'ing the pics. I have to go through each contact and set the pic to the FB pic...

Other than that, everything rocks!!!
I've never had that problem... Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 08-21-2010, 06:06 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
WM 6.5 Beta Coming Soon...

Going to drop a 6.5 Beta today sometime...

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-21-2010 at 11:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

CoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuffCoryNat knows their stuff

Quote:
I've never had that problem... Anyone else experiencing this?
I realize this is not much help, but I have had that happen randomly on several roms. Not on this one so far. Sometimes after a day or so, the pics sync up and sometimes they don't. Wish I had a reason for it. I usually flash stock and then back when something like that happens and it goes away.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: WM 6.5 Beta Coming Soon...

Quote:
Going to drop a 6.5 Beta today sometime...

thanks brother!! know you been busy with Roms and life as well!! can't wait to try that sucker out!!

Old 08-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

Sharkie

Just a thought... rather than release beta's. Why don't you get ROM testers that can test it for you. One on each carrier. Just a thought.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I don't see the point. I would rather have all my info. here to refer back to. I'd also rather not cook 4 ROMs that are betas. One is easier.

Usually people want new ROMs, official or beta. I figure, if you're a fan, now that I've established myself as a decent chef, there's no point in making anyone wait.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

Quote:
I don't see the point. I would rather have all my info. here to refer back to. I'd also rather not cook 4 ROMs that are betas. One is easier.

Usually people want new ROMs, official or beta. I figure, if you're a fan, now that I've established myself as a decent chef, there's no point in making anyone wait.
Yeah, I didn't think of it that way. Makes sense.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

6.5 (21911) beta is up!!!

WM 6.5 ROM (5.2.21911.5.0.94) BETA IS UP!!

This is my first attempt at a 6.5 ROM since I started cooking. Keeping that in mind, there are bound to be issues. This is why I need you guys to test it out for me and let me know. I'm still working on things like my preferred Start Menu arrangement and graphics so I'm aware that one of the softkey buttons is slighty shorter than the other and things along those lines. Known issues and Graphic Bugs from the 1st post still exist and issues mentioned in the thread still exist, e.g. lock screen unlocking and glitching sense when keyboard is opened while locked and a couple of other minor issues. I've also replaced Opera 10 with Opera 9.7 as most in the thread who cared to comment on it seemed to prefer it. After using it for a while, I tend to agree. I'm also aware that there is NO DUSK BLUE THEME. I just forgot to remove that .tsk from the kitchen.

I need feedback on the SYS part of things. I'm sure there are things that I've overlooked and may not be functioning correctly. Memory usage seems high to me and some things look odd to me, but it may just be my preference to 6.5.X

Let me know...

Download via MediaFire

If you get a weird error when trying to download, try again. I can't get it the first time, but the second time it always works.

Download via VBNFiles

Last edited by Sharkie405; 08-22-2010 at 11:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development