PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2011, 10:59 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2-21-11★SharkieROM v4.1.5★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

something i been meaning to mention bout the action links cab is they are meant to use as toggles mainly to those that uninstall cht. but there is 1 lnk in that cab i would like to keep (and dont think it belongs with the rest) is bootloader. the rest are actual toggles but i think bootloader isnt and its more of a system/utility app. i always uninstall action links cab cause i use cht and dont need it but that 1 would come in handy when updating your rom.

just an idea
Old 02-26-2011, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6900 > HTC TP2>Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Metro PCS

pl0323 is keeping up the good workpl0323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Whoa, that's it!!!!!

You have a donate site? I owe you!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
something i been meaning to mention bout the action links cab is they are meant to use as toggles mainly to those that uninstall cht. but there is 1 lnk in that cab i would like to keep (and dont think it belongs with the rest) is bootloader. the rest are actual toggles but i think bootloader isnt and its more of a system/utility app. i always uninstall action links cab cause i use cht and dont need it but that 1 would come in handy when updating your rom.

just an idea
I thought about this already and that's why I came up with the "Action Links" name instead of "Toggles" or something like that because they're not all toggles. What they all are is "Action Links". Links that when pressed cause an immediate action. The Bootloader link falls in that category.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:20 PM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Indeed, that would be hot! I'll tinker with it when I have time.
great stuff cant wait
Quote:
Not off of the top of my head. CHT Scheduler may be able to do that, but I've not really played with it a whole lot. I know kjhadfield has used it a lot, he may know... Maybe he'll chime in...
you know honestly i havent even installed it yet on this rom/update 4.0 yet and i kinda forget if there was an option to reset but i dont remember seeing 1 option
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcluvntheboss View Post
I made a few changes to the SharkieBooster skin and I put it in a .cab. Also cabbed up the mail mod.

good stuff.

maybe i can request a few rom specific cabs and welcome head walls???
Old 02-26-2011, 11:25 PM
HI Fly Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcluvntheboss View Post
Ive been trying to fix the internet tab and I cant find a way to fix it without adding a title bar to it. SORRY
i thought the way its been done before was to actually align it up, like you said it overlaps. i dont know really but just assuming. santod has made such mods before and would know more about it.

im sure but have you tried to align it up exactly instead of removing it?
Old 02-26-2011, 11:28 PM
HI Fly Guy

Quote:
I thought about this already and that's why I came up with the "Action Links" name instead of "Toggles" or something like that because they're not all toggles. What they all are is "Action Links". Links that when pressed cause an immediate action. The Bootloader link falls in that category.
ok that makes sense and can understand that
Old 02-26-2011, 11:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2--Thunderbolt
Carrier: The Big Red

mcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl0323 View Post
Whoa, that's it!!!!!

You have a donate site? I owe you!!!
Your welcome man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i thought the way its been done before was to actually align it up, like you said it overlaps. i dont know really but just assuming. santod has made such mods before and would know more about it.

im sure but have you tried to align it up exactly instead of removing it?
Yup I tried everything it just wouldnt line up right. I am talking with meltwater from xda so maybe we can get it fixed up.

about the welcomeheads and stuff I havent been taking on any requests because my free timme is very limited but I got some time tomarrow that I can work on a few things for you. Just send me a pm with some info.

Last edited by mcluvntheboss; 02-27-2011 at 12:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
I will have a backlight toggle switch in the action links folder cab for you up in 3 min...
YES! Thanks! I have missed this feature. Really like being able to save on battery but being able to run full throttle on command (preferred).
Old 02-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Can the people of this thread do some testing for me.

See the thing is I dont have a problem charging my phone when the battery has some juice left in it.

But when my battery goes dead to the point where the phone shuts down by itself and wont start back up.

When I do start to charge it (from a dead battery) the phone is always trying to turn back on but it doesn't make it past the welcome screen before it shuts down again because a lack of juice in the battery. and it repeats this over and over and never actually allows itself to stay off until it has sufficient battery to turn on and stay on to charge.

Because it repeats it it never turns on and it never charges.

I had my old TP2 about a year and a half. So I thought the phone charging port was bad. and didnt think to blame your rom. So I called asurion fished out the 100$ and they replaced it. I was running your rom.

NOW with this new phone it is doing the same thing. So it can't be the phone. and it can't be the charging cables because they're new. CAn't be the battery because before I put the asurion claim in a bought a battery 50$!

Could you just check a setting or something and allow the phone to stay off without constantly trying to turn on. Just so the dam thing will charge.

Please test this.

Good thing my sister has an evo because she gave me her battery and it works fine again and charges.

But now that I have new phone new battery new cables it has to be the rom. So far this rom cost me 150$! Im not mad or complaing im just saying what it is.

Still love the rom dude and still running it because it is as stable and kicks ass and I wont change it. Ill just have to make sure the battery doesn't fully die.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can Fix this.

Thanks

Old 02-27-2011, 09:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

OK, first you really shouldn't be letting your phone die to the point that it shuts off. This ROM has good battery life, so much so that there's no reason that you can't find the time to charge it here and there throughout the day.

Secondly, on occasion my phone dies to the point that it turns off. I plug it up and let it sit for a few min., turn it on and presto the phone turns on and charges like it should.

Do you ever just let it stay off while your charge it for about 10 minutes, then try to turn it on? Do you try and turn it on when it dies or is it turning on by itself when you plug it up?

I'm sure we all let the phone die once in a while. I've not heard of this problem from anyone else ever on my ROMs.

Can anyone back me up on this one?

I will purposely let me phone die today (obviously, this won't be till later on tonight probably) and then I will plug it up and we'll see what happens.

Not that I think it matters, but just for curiousity's sake, are you rollin' with or without nueBattery2 installed?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-27-2011 at 09:57 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development