PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 07:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: v4.1.5 is up on 1st post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
I suppose those are the only diffs, non co0kie users need not apply if using 4.1 6.5.x test ROM? BTW everything is running smooth and slick as expected.
Yep, the only difference b/w v4.1 and v4.1.5 is that I added that CHT Messaging Page file to the ROM, I changed the 'Internet Sharing' icon and I changed the splash screens. No big changes that would be worth re-flashing for if one were already on v4.1.

@ Everyone,

I'm really happy with v4.1.5 (v4.1)! I think this ROM is a rock. I think the newer Sense is a tiny bit smoother, faster and seems a bit more stable than 2019 Sense. I believe that most, if not all, of the major issues have been addressed and fixed.

I also just wanted to say Thank You to everyone who has helped me and pushed me to further my ROM cooking skills. I feel like this ROM has become a ROM for the people! It's been molded by your suggestions, comments, concerns and insights into the masterpiece that I feel it is now. You all ROCK!

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-21-2011 at 08:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:11 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: 2-21-11★SharkieROM v4.1.5★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitup27 View Post
fixing to flash 4.1,hey sharkie got a small favor to ask,can you post the last mmtask manager cab you had in the rom before it was removed,the one you skinned in black and blue i think were the colors,i may have a old rom to flash with it but wanted to ask if you still had around first,thanks man in advance and will report how the rom is performing shortly
Of course! I'll make another icon for you, if you want it. Let me know...
Attached Files
File Type: cab MMTaskManager.CAB (226.3 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

A general FYI to everyone,

I put in a request to be able to upload *.7z (7zip) files and according to Mindfrost they have now implented this feature! He said he'll post an image up for it shortly, but it should already work. That should make things a little easier for some of us!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: 2-15-11★SharkieROM v4.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I got Opera 9.7 loading as a cab at boot up, and..... <drum roll>...........

IT'S TOTALLY REMOVABLE BITCHES!!!

Im still on your older rom I think 4.0.

Is opera 9.7 new in the rom 4.1.5 as a default? or is it just in the rom.

I wasn't here all weekend so I missed all the activity and it looks like you put out 2 new roms.

Your a monster sharkie. haha

Happy to see we have such a dedicated chef!!
Quote:

@modmyppc,

I remember having an issue where the sun would disappear when the rotation of it would stop, kind of like what happens when you try to use that s2w cab that we've been working on. To fix that issue I had to go back to an older Sense Calendar package (why the Calendar Tab has anything to do with the weather on the Home Tab is beyond me, but it does). I'd forgotten about that this time around because I didn't have that disappearing sun issue, but it sounds like exactly what's happening with that cab. So, I've gone back to an older version of the Calendar Tab (there's no visual difference between the newer one and the older one) and I hope this may fix your issue <fingers crossed> Here's a screenie of the cab in action, but it's night time and so I'm not 100% sure that it will work when the sun is out. I'll have to test that part out tomorrow.

Thats really great news!!

I new I could count on you!

Quote:
Oh, and modmyppc, s2w's cab works fine on v4.1 even on the sun

Thanks alot dude.

Ill be flashing the new rom 4.1.5 later today...

and great work!!

Old 02-21-2011, 09:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Opera 9.7 is set as the default browser. IE will be the default if you remove Opera.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Almost a VIP

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I forgot to mention it a while back

But your skin for the windows messaging is different then the htc messenger.

You have the colors mixed up.

In htc messenger the other person is green and my bubbles are blue but in WinMo messenger. The other person has the blue bubbles and I have the green.

I dont know if you changed this but its no big deal.

If you could change the silver background in Windows messenger to the same white one on HTC messenger I think it would look a little cleaner.

just a opinion do with it what you want.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

yeah, the way the files were both facing naturally is like they are in the ROM. I thought about that after the fact, but it was a pain in the ass to skin them. It took a lot of trial and error, erasing, resizing to get everything to line up and look good and I just didn't feel like doing it again. It would not be as easy as just flipping the images horizontally. They would then need to be resized for the font to fit inside correctly.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-21-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
yeah, the way the files were both facing naturally is like they are in the ROM. I thought about that after the fact, but it was a pain in the ass to skin them. It took a lot of trial and error, erasing, resizing to get everything to line up and look good and I just didn't feel like doing it again. It would not be as easy as just flipping the images horizontally. They would then need to be resized for the font to fit inside correctly.
It doesn't bother me too much. Sometimes though it does get a little confusing. it takes me a few seconds to realize whats going on. Because I use HTC messenger most of the time.

Its not really a priority I was just bringing it to your attention...

---------------------------------------

Also I was in a remote location over the weekend and I believe it was roaming I saw this globe with 3 dots in the taskbar and I had reception.
So I have a few questions

1. So I was curious does this icon mean Im roaming?

2. Also I dont have roaming on my plan.Am I going to get charged for this?

3. do you have sometype of setting that hides roaming. If not is there a way to shut off roaming so it only uses sprints network?

------------------------

FYI. I had no reception but once I did a prl update with that verison prl 60675 I had full reception.

So it looks like it does work. But im scared of roaming charges. I checked my bill online and it doesn't mention any roaming charges. and I saw that saturday.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (59.3 KB, 57 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Almost a VIP

Re: 2-15-11★SharkieROM v4.0★Generic\Sprint★29007\21916★Sense2021

Quote:
@modmyppc,

I remember having an issue where the sun would disappear when the rotation of it would stop, kind of like what happens when you try to use that s2w cab that we've been working on. To fix that issue I had to go back to an older Sense Calendar package (why the Calendar Tab has anything to do with the weather on the Home Tab is beyond me, but it does). I'd forgotten about that this time around because I didn't have that disappearing sun issue, but it sounds like exactly what's happening with that cab. So, I've gone back to an older version of the Calendar Tab (there's no visual difference between the newer one and the older one) and I hope this may fix your issue <fingers crossed> Here's a screenie of the cab in action, but it's night time and so I'm not 100% sure that it will work when the sun is out. I'll have to test that part out tomorrow.

I know you said it works on version "4.1" I flashed version 4.1.5 thinking your s2w weather cab(http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2057065-post1767.html) would work on that one and it doesn't. because on your changelong in the first post it mentions that you changed.

But after I installed the cab its the same problem so you must have not reverted back to Calendar Tab 2016 for 4.1.5 just for 4.1.?

But I want to keep 4.1.5 because it has the new opera 9.7 why im dying to give it a shot. Plus you fixed the screen shots. (havn't tested it yet but im sure its fixed)
Old 02-21-2011, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

As far as roaming. I didn't think that was a ROM thing, but a plan thing. As I understand it, on Sprint,there is no roaming (no roaming charge) anywhere in the continental US. By default I have the ROM set up to download data and such even when 'roaming'. You can change all those to not do that if you want.

And I'm sure that I did still have the newer older Calendar tab in v4.1.5. I removed the old one from my kitchen and did not put it back in. I'll try that cab out again later on to verify whether or not it works.

Also, it's been my experience with Sprint that any new charges show up online almost instantly. At the very latest they would show up the next day. I think that if this occured on Sat. and no new charges have showed up online in your Sprint account by today, then you should be good to go. You could always call to make sure.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 02-21-2011 at 01:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development