PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Hmm, has this poll been removed?
Yes 15,948 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 15948. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 02:05 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Updated[11-25-10]★SharkieROM v2.0 R1★Generic\Sprint[21683\21916][Sense2018]

aye sharkie i just installed that clear internet search bar i had, you know the 1 that would shadow the txt b4. well it doesnt do that on this rom, but i dont know if its b/c i used kd font to change font 1st?

edit: attached cabs, didnt try the twitter as i dont use the tab but uploaded anyways. maybe if some1 can test if they didnt change the font yet then see if the txt doubles up. if it does then changing the font fixes the issue? worth a look
Attached Files
File Type: cab ClearInternetSearchBar.cab (65.7 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab ClearTwitterUpdateBar.cab (65.7 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by kjhadfield; 11-28-2010 at 02:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbradthomas View Post
Hey Sharkie,

Flashed Tyedyekid's TP2 with Generic 6.5 yesterday. Looked pretty good what little i played with it. Kinda makes me want a TP2. You do awesome work bro. Keep it up.
Whhhaaattt!! That's awesome! I'm honored I'm glad you like it. There's a lot of your knowledge in there man! Thanks again for everything! How does she like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
aye sharkie i just installed that clear internet search bar i had, you know the 1 that would shadow the txt b4. well it doesnt do that on this rom, but i dont know if its b/c i used kd font to change font 1st?

edit: attached cabs, didnt try the twitter as i dont use the tab but uploaded anyways. maybe if some1 can test if they didnt change the font yet then see if the txt doubles up. if it does then changing the font fixes the issue? worth a look
I'll try those out. I also looked around a tiny bit for the fixes that mwalt2 said were posted somewhere on XDA but I've yet to find them. I'd since forgotten about it. I'll spend some more time today at some point looking for them. I'll let you know in a few min. if they work without KD-Font going. Got a ROM flashing right now...
Old 11-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Sharkie405;2003536]Whhhaaattt!! That's awesome! I'm honored I'm glad you like it. There's a lot of your knowledge in there man! Thanks again for everything! How does she like it?

Being new to WM phone she didn't have much to say. She is going to play with it for awhile. I 'am sure I will hear likes and dislikes by end of week. She had a Palm phone prior.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Just out of curiousity why did you go with 6.5 instead of 6.5.X? Have you always preferred 6.5? I don't know much about Palm but I think it's more finger friendly than WM 6.5. To that end she may prefer 6.5.X as it's more finger friendly. Just a thought
Old 11-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro\ EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Jbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuffJbradthomas knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Just out of curiousity why did you go with 6.5 instead of 6.5.X? Have you always preferred 6.5? I don't know much about Palm but I think it's more finger friendly than WM 6.5. To that end she may prefer 6.5.X as it's more finger friendly. Just a thought
I let her pick if she wanted start at top or bottom. Told her 6.5.x was more finger friendly. I think cause stock is at top is why. She might change her mind later. Who knows she might even become a chef .
Old 11-28-2010, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post

Just tried these cabs out without having changed the font first and they work perfectly. Needless to say, I'll be including both of these in future releases. You saved me a lot of time! Many thanks!
Old 11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Thanks for chiming in and giving feedback guys! I'm very glad to hear that all is well on your ends.

@jpriset - I don't have a cab for just the wait cursor. It's part of dafunk's taskbar. You can check one of his threads and see if there's anything there. I will have a look at the taskbar cab and see if I can pull just the wait cursor from it, but I can't make any promises. Taskbars cab are very involved and not something that just anyone can put together. I'll do my best though...
I added a link to your post with the Rotate Screen listing under "Known Issues". Thanks again!
The wait cursor is a set of images packaged in the shellres.192.dll. All of the taskbar icons are also packaged in this DLL so you actually have to unsign the DLL, replace the images, and then resign the DLL. I don't remember the exact software you need to do all this, but I think it was listed in tsowen's thread.

So unfortunately it's not quite as simple as a CAB install.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:59 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yeah, I have all the software needed to mess with dlls. Many of the images (phone canvas, SIP and some others) have to be skinned via the .dll. I did poke my head around the taskbar .dlls and found the wait cursor images, but like you said and I mentioned before taking those images out and throwing them in anther cab would not work. There are other aspects to making them work that I'm unfamiliar with.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Yeah, I have all the software needed to mess with dlls. Many of the images (phone canvas, SIP and some others) have to be skinned via the .dll. I did poke my head around the taskbar .dlls and found the wait cursor images, but like you said and I mentioned before taking those images out and throwing them in anther cab would not work. There are other aspects to making them work that I'm unfamiliar with.
Yeah for sure. I've done it before, but it's been a LONG time. Now I just stick with what's included with the taskbar.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I Added this to the 2nd post for anyone that missed some of the wallpapers I used to include...

"HERE is a 7zip file of most of the wallpapers that I used to include in the ROMs but removed to save space. There are 1 or 2 originals by me in there, but most of them are from places like Zedge.net, Santod, Titleloo over at XDA and many more... I can't remember everywhere I nabbed a pic from, sorry "

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development