PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼Fresh 23563/21901 Up NOW!☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Slingplayer does not work well with this ROM. It looks like there isn't enough memory avaialble for it. It plays fine, but when I shut it down, Max Sense doesn't work right and I have to soft reset every time. There's only about 30MB left after shutting down Sllingplayer and only about 40 MB available when I start it. It looks like this ROM uses too much memory to me. Or am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼Fresh 23563/21901 Up NOW!☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
Slingplayer does not work well with this ROM. It looks like there isn't enough memory avaialble for it. It plays fine, but when I shut it down, Max Sense doesn't work right and I have to soft reset every time. There's only about 30MB left after shutting down Sllingplayer and only about 40 MB available when I start it. It looks like this ROM uses too much memory to me. Or am I doing something wrong?
that much free after a flashing is about right....after I load all my programs, i'm running around 15mb free.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: alltel

modeuce is just getting started

Amazing rom! Thanks for all the hard work that goes into making this. It seems that some of the function keyboard keys are mismatched. When I try to type in a "=" I instead get a "+" the same goes with some of the other function keys on the right side of the keyboard. Also the default weather widget covers up the left quick link on the home screen and doesn't allow for it to be set until either resizing the weather widget or moving the link. Not a big deal just wanted to let you know. Thanks again for the ROM! Running 23563.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

amjman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDub0820 View Post
here are a couple more theme concepts I am working on...so I have three themes that I feel are near, if not already complete. a blue, Orange/Green and a red/black. (blue screen shot is several pages back). I am honestly just playing around with different ideas, I started helping Big out with some icons and have been loving it...took a little break from the icons (sorry Big) for a little bit to design these widget background themes.

Wow JDub0820-the one on the left looks awesome. how can i put that on my TP2 as a background, with the colors to match? FANTASTIC work on that one!

let us know!

also-on another note-although the swipe right brings you the screen with your contacts (the screen with the analog clock) how do I make it so that once I tap the person that it dials them? I have two or three people I talk to/call like 10 times a day at least each, and this would be very helpful.

GREAT WORK on the ROM-and this goes for everyone involved. this ROM is awesome. I am still getting used to things-and it is true, there is a learning curve-even for a computer expert with 30 years of experience!

Another ? for now....can i take the sprint icon/others off of the top bar-or is it not customizable? Is there another Icon I can use for the BT that would indicate whether or not the headset is connected-versus the standard icon there that IS tappable to turn it on & off? thanks all for any help!

amjman

PS-darned this is the third edit-anyone have some working SIP phone software working on this/other 6.5.X ROMS that allows use of the BT headset for the VoIP calls? I have tried X-Pro Softphone and it does not work-and maybe one or two others. Suggestions? THANKS

Last edited by amjman; 06-05-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint tp2
Carrier: sprint

only1penny is a n00b

i appreciate the work on this rom. it's really good to see something totally different. although i don't think it's quite for me yet. i tried it for a while and didn't care for the widgets. it didn't seem to shorten the amount of key strokes to get something done. but i will definitely be keeping my eye on this thread.
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Cooking New 23563 BigMaxSense ROM now!!!

Changelog
-Added swype
-new taskbar (more complete w/ 1% battery)
AMeBa is added (thought it already was)
sprint TV & Navigation removed from Verizon ROM (not sure how that happened)

MaxSense Changelog
-New battery and memory widgets
-new data connection widget
-button on alert panel display that takes you direct to tab

Not sure if i will do another 21901 ROM... might look at another 6.5 build, but the 6.5x is so much better IMO...

Last edited by bignadad; 06-05-2010 at 01:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjman View Post
Wow JDub0820-the one on the left looks awesome. how can i put that on my TP2 as a background, with the colors to match? FANTASTIC work on that one!

let us know!

also-on another note-although the swipe right brings you the screen with your contacts (the screen with the analog clock) how do I make it so that once I tap the person that it dials them? I have two or three people I talk to/call like 10 times a day at least each, and this would be very helpful.

GREAT WORK on the ROM-and this goes for everyone involved. this ROM is awesome. I am still getting used to things-and it is true, there is a learning curve-even for a computer expert with 30 years of experience!

Last ? for now....can i take the sprint icon/others off of the top bar-or is it not customizable? Is there another Icon I can use for the BT that would indicate whether or not the headset is connected-versus the standard icon there that IS tappable to turn it on & off? thanks all for any help!

amjman
Quick link for contacts will bring up all contact info...I believe Big is working on "setting" a number for each contact.

As far as custom taskbars-----------I haven't tried any and I have not heard of anyone trying any. Here's what you can do, go to the software/theme page and search taskbars. DL a few that look good (with the icons you want) and run them....test to make sure they don't break the ringer/sounds/volume controll/or cause freezing...and report back with what you've found.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:42 PM

Looks great Big.

any chance on cooking gyrator in??? or PIM backup?
Old 06-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
Looks great Big.

any chance on cooking gyrator in??? or PIM backup?
let me install them while i am testing and if all goes well i will cook in...

testing on my device now.. will upload shortly if everything goes good
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: sprint

batwing is just getting started

BIG, great job on this ROM, MaxSense is beautiful...

Unfortunately for me is a total NO GO.

I have TP2 Sprint and as soon as I installed this rom my phone started locking randomly on black screen. Only solution unplub the battery and reboot.

I followed all the procedure i usually do for any other ROM and I never had this problem before.
It looks like it goes to sleep and do not recover anymore.

However is a freeze issue, because it did it also during charge and not only did not recevered from sleep but the red led ((in charge) was stuck lit also when unpluged.

It did this issue randomly 6 times in 5 hours, so.. unfortunately for me, unistalled.

I hope if this is a coommon issue it will be fixed soon, I d like to give it a longer test-drive.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development