PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 12:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

thegreatpjdj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼Fresh 23563/21901 Up NOW!☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

First, let me say this thing is awesome and has HUGE potential to destroy HTC Sense.

I've been knocking this around for a while now, and I would like to make a few suggestions:

1. Needs more widgets - Make a toolkit or something so that people can easily output widgets and import them into a rom without reflashing. Some FB/IM widgets and more clocks would make this a totally unique experience! Existing widgets need more customization options (more scale options!)

2. Visible snap-points for the editor. It's really annoying to take out the stylus and try to line everything up, especially for us who suffer from OCD :P.

3. Interface needs a bit of tweaking - for example, if I hit the star icon from my home screen, then the hardware back button, I get taken to the weather tab, not my home screen again.

Another example: would be nice if the alerts menu opened the call/im/email when you pressed on it, instead of having to close the alert first, then press the appropriate icon. <--- This one is a deal breaker for me.

4. Taskbar customizer. Just a suggestion
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼Fresh 23563/21901 Up NOW!☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Verizon Sprint 21901 ROMs are back up!

USCC/Telus Now

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
I know this was just released last night and there is still some work to do but I thought I might bring some things to your attention. Do not get me wrong, this ROM is a beast that needs just a few minor tweaks. I love it and most likely will stick with it for a long time. Just gave it a 5 star rating

Using the Sprint 23563 Version

Current Issues that I have noticed:

Having many issues with the screen switching when I open the keyboard. When I try to open it to type a text the icons do not auto minimize so it makes them over lap the text box. Most of the time it will switch back and forth to landscape and portrait mode a few times then stop on the wrong layout.

It is kind of hard for me to open the start menu, normally I have to tap it a good 2-3 times before it responds.

The top task bar seems to over lap the task bar it changes to when you open up another menu such as the start menu. The only way I can get the one underneath to the correct task bar is to go back into another menu and exit it.

At times the home icon will not respond making the rest of the home screen freeze for a few seconds. Normally happens after I push the power key to get the screen to come back on.

Would like to see integrated into the ROM:

The Swype keyboard program... Its simply amazing.

A way to add contacts to the quick link buttons. Maybe I haven't figured out how to do it yet. I don't like the fact that I have to hold the Favorite icon down to do what I want with them. Kinda makes it hard to make a quick phone call while I am driving (I know, i shouldn't be on the phone then but the world is a busy place.)

Sorry for the wall of text! Good job, Great ROM!
thanks for the response---for start menu, hit the hardware key---it always works, I've had issues with the screen icon as well---it's hardware key for me (it's the windows icon on hardware key)
Old 06-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatpjdj View Post
First, let me say this thing is awesome and has HUGE potential to destroy HTC Sense.

I've been knocking this around for a while now, and I would like to make a few suggestions:

1. Needs more widgets - Make a toolkit or something so that people can easily output widgets and import them into a rom without reflashing. Some FB/IM widgets and more clocks would make this a totally unique experience! Existing widgets need more customization options (more scale options!)

2. Visible snap-points for the editor. It's really annoying to take out the stylus and try to line everything up, especially for us who suffer from OCD :P.

3. Interface needs a bit of tweaking - for example, if I hit the star icon from my home screen, then the hardware back button, I get taken to the weather tab, not my home screen again.

Another example: would be nice if the alerts menu opened the call/im/email when you pressed on it, instead of having to close the alert first, then press the appropriate icon. <--- This one is a deal breaker for me.

4. Taskbar customizer. Just a suggestion

noted---thank you for the imput. these are all being looked at right now.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vz6800
Carrier: Verizon

Krazykrause is a n00b

Anyone have a good suggestion for an RSS Reader
Old 06-04-2010, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

buddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuff
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼Fresh 23563/21901 Tonight☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymikes View Post
....overall sensitivity of the screen in a general sense seemed 'less sensitive'. Don't know if this is real or I'm tired. ...

Tools--BsB Tweaks

There's a setting in there for Decrease Screen Sensitivity that is defaulted to On.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼Fresh 23563/21901 Tonight☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywiser View Post
Tools--BsB Tweaks

There's a setting in there for Decrease Screen Sensitivity that is defaulted to On.
Thanks for the tip...Hopefully, this will help a bit with the SMS Alert being unresponsive. I feel like I have to punch it multiple times for it to get me to the text message.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

HTC_TOUCH89 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to HTC_TOUCH89 Send a message via MSN to HTC_TOUCH89

At first it looked great, but after using it for 8 hrs i dislike it a lot. very unstable, couldn't get it to wake up several times and it would freeze for a few seconds. Also when i get calls sometimes i will just ring but not show who is calling it will just stay on the screen i was at that time.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

buddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuffbuddywiser knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_TOUCH89 View Post
At first it looked great, but after using it for 8 hrs i dislike it a lot. very unstable, couldn't get it to wake up several times and it would freeze for a few seconds. Also when i get calls sometimes i will just ring but not show who is calling it will just stay on the screen i was at that time.
Which one are you running? 23563 is running perfectly for me. I think there were some issues with 21901.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

qper is keeping up the good workqper is keeping up the good work

SOD on Sprint 21901 Could it have anything to do with Sashimi? I noticed after it installed the Resco Photo Manager it said it recognized that this device supported multitouch and it will ben enabled after reset. I love the new manila though!

Last edited by qper; 06-04-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development