PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 soon to be Driod X
Carrier: Verizon

kevmueller is keeping up the good workkevmueller is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼Fresh 23563/21901 Up NOW!☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
okay.. Many issues with SOD on the 21901 ROM... Taking down now!!!

please us the 23563 for now... will have 21901 back up shortly
I actually did this already and 23563 is running great! I have liked 21901 for the stability, but I like the features on 23563 better and it so far seems very stable!

The only little bug I can see when you go to one of the pages, like messages or calendar the heading is showing and the new text or calendar is on top of it. Other than that I have not had any isses. Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

finman76 is becoming a great contributor
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼Fresh 23563/21901 Up NOW!☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Big...My phone developed a problem today on the 21901 ROM where it will not wake up once the screen goes to sleep. I am still running the last beta of the 21901 ROM, so I am going to download and flash the latest 6.5.x ROM and hopefully that'll fix it.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work

For those who still need it, here again are the mirrors for Verizon and Sprint (uploading Sprint 21901 and the rest once I get home):

Sprint 23563
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EBNEE9QV

Verizon 23563
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DP2L3RFI

Last edited by monkeygod; 06-04-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

I know this was just released last night and there is still some work to do but I thought I might bring some things to your attention. Do not get me wrong, this ROM is a beast that needs just a few minor tweaks. I love it and most likely will stick with it for a long time. Just gave it a 5 star rating

Using the Sprint 23563 Version

Current Issues that I have noticed:

Having many issues with the screen switching when I open the keyboard. When I try to open it to type a text the icons do not auto minimize so it makes them over lap the text box. Most of the time it will switch back and forth to landscape and portrait mode a few times then stop on the wrong layout.

It is kind of hard for me to open the start menu, normally I have to tap it a good 2-3 times before it responds.

The top task bar seems to over lap the task bar it changes to when you open up another menu such as the start menu. The only way I can get the one underneath to the correct task bar is to go back into another menu and exit it.

At times the home icon will not respond making the rest of the home screen freeze for a few seconds. Normally happens after I push the power key to get the screen to come back on.

Would like to see integrated into the ROM:

The Swype keyboard program... Its simply amazing.

A way to add contacts to the quick link buttons. Maybe I haven't figured out how to do it yet. I don't like the fact that I have to hold the Favorite icon down to do what I want with them. Kinda makes it hard to make a quick phone call while I am driving (I know, i shouldn't be on the phone then but the world is a busy place.)

Sorry for the wall of text! Good job, Great ROM!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X & TP2
Carrier: VZW

mugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuff

Thanks, Big, for the effort you take on making your ROMs quality. Your hard work, honest effort, and dedication to your ROMs and followers make them, and I, loyal to being a fan. I will give feedback as often as I can, now that I am the movement of people who returned their Incredible. lol!

-The whole pleasure of marriage is that it is a perpetual crisis — GK Chesterton
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

SLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuffSLCMotor knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to SLCMotor

Quote:
Might want to check this out... Will Backup MaxSense registry... any input?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=451
Very nice, that makes it so much easier
Old 06-04-2010, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Moto Droid X

kymikes is keeping up the good workkymikes is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Might want to check this out... Will Backup MaxSense registry... any input?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=451
Big, haven't tried the script yet (but will) however I did manually export the reg entries for the 75 quicklinks before updating to the current 6/3 VZW 23563 and then manually restored the reg file this AM earlier (using CERegEditor) and this worked like a breeze. If the script does back up the correct reg entries, it should be a help. The prob is that we are changing enough between updates at this point that I am not sure that I have a 'good' base to restore since you keep adding more "goodies" to each update (this is a GOOD thing). I continue to run on the 6/3 version w/o any probs other than those known issues (landscape support on MaxSense is biggest) and I do miss not being able to use one or two of the 6 quicklinks for a contact.

Edit: Tried the backup script and it works like a champ! Picks up the 75 quicklinks, one entry that appears to be for taskbar and the Widgets. The problem is that it is hard coded for the earlier version and does not pickup the 4th, 5th & 6th quicklinks. Coded in the script for QLA, QLB & QLC. I assume the other 3 are QLD, QLE & QLF. Will check this and see if it fixes it. Hope this helps.

Edit2: Verified this - if you edit the script to add enties for QLD, QLE & QLF, it picks these up and all is well. This is something that would need to be watched if the number of Widgets changes and new ones are added.

Great job. Keep up the good work. You are making my TP2 a joy to use. I am not having the issues with 'selection' of the maximized Taskbar that some are seeing (and I have short, fat fingers) nor 'flicking' the Home icon. Don't know why - guess it is personal pref. Also not a big fan of Swype keyboard (maybe haven't used it enough) - FYI. Thanks again.

Last edited by kymikes; 06-04-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Update
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgross View Post
On the subject of alarms etc, all of my rings on the phone don't work. They come up as corrupted files. Also this happens for the alerts. Only the "alarms" work. I am using Spring 23563.

Another question, if I export the registy settings for Maxsense and I now flash a new rom, can I restore. If yes, how is this done. When I click on the exported file it opens up the registry. Do I just copy this file and paste it back into the registry in the right spot or is there an import function somewhere in the regedit program?

Thanks,
JSG
Edit: I just wehnt to Windows Folder/ Rings..all the files are there and they play just fine
Second edit: I only loaded 1 program onto this rom. That is the Swype keyboard which I used on Energy rom. I just love it. When I removed the program, my rings all came back. I'll try and reload to confirm that this is the culprit.

for rings and alarms, go through start menue---not setting tab. seems to work better
Old 06-04-2010, 12:47 PM

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM} ☼Fresh 23563/21901 Tonight☼ The Quickest, Most Customizable Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmueller View Post
Yes having these issues. No problem setting up last night. Then when I woke up this morning I had a SOD on the charger. Since I have been using it this morning 3 more SOD. When it is working it is great. Thanks for you hard work on this.

are you using 21901 or 23563??? try 23563--seems to be faster and less SOD
Old 06-04-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigndropz View Post
Having issues with the 21901 Sprint version. I ran Task 29 beforehand just to be on the safe side. Flashed rom with no issues. XDA_UC ran and installed a few programs. Hit power button and could not get device to wake up, SOD. Removed battery and booted up. Tried to see if I could disable Arkswitch but when I went into it, i could not get out of it. Tried everything. Pulled battery again. Got to home screen and then got SOD again. I havent even been able to do a Clear Storage yet but I will keep pluggin away at it.

Try 23563---i thin we're having SOD with 21xxx
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development