PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

krazyfukr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼BigMaxSense REVAMP Coming????☼

How hard would it be to make the icons on the quicklinks page adjustable in size and makes text labels available?
Old 12-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Bustin' ours Saven' yours
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼BigMaxSense REVAMP Coming????☼

Big, this is NRG's 12/22 MaxSense. OC'd to 729/604/500. Compact start menu. Installed
slacker radio
pandora
threaded/skinned sms
email stationary
hypnotic bati cab
nuebattery cab
atom d3d
audio para
10mb sprint MMS cab
mrx and mm tether hotfix (just to be safe)
voice command 6.20071
pocket sand
groove mobile
sh4y's net boost
sprint prl/profile update

mem at 43 free after running for an hour, 3 calls, 10 sms and 3 email accounts pushing every 10 min. 80 free at fresh SR.

Just for your info on how 28244 is running...very fast and stable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (5.3 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2.jpg (5.6 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg ScreenShot3.jpg (7.2 KB, 38 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:20 PM

ffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIPffkip911 is a VIP

well ran the maxsense NRG for a few hours and ended up with 33mb free---with everything closed...there's a mem leak somewhere but I don't know where.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

djwalter is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to djwalter Send a message via Skype™ to djwalter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
well ran the maxsense NRG for a few hours and ended up with 33mb free---with everything closed...there's a mem leak somewhere but I don't know where.
Hey Ffkip911, you aren't getting random sense restarts with the NRG Maxsense 12/22? I was going to recommend it too until I started getting that. Not enough to make me flash to something else yet but annoying.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwalter View Post
Hey Ffkip911, you aren't getting random sense restarts with the NRG Maxsense 12/22? I was going to recommend it too until I started getting that. Not enough to make me flash to something else yet but annoying.

I ran it for 6-7 hours, but when I went down to 33mb free I ditched it until the mem could be stabilized, no lags or freezing that I saw. now I'm running xyc latest dusk---quite nice and stable. I'm sure Big is going to knock this one out of the park.

big, maybe some good animated wallpaper???????????????

Last edited by ffkip911; 12-29-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
Do i have to go back to stock rom im on spd mobile shell right now

switching between different chefs I'd recommend either Task29 (found in the software/theme section) or flash stock.

*****t29 erases everything off of your phone....all you will be able to do is see "touch pro 2" this is how the program works---it erases EVERYTHING***

therefore, if you are going to t29, once the update is complete, you HAVE to flash from SD

or go into bootloader (vol down + power) then plug your phone into your comp, then run the rom update utility from the rom of your choice

Your phone will not sync to your comp after t29, you cannot call, there are no menus...there is NOTHING on your phone....until you put another rom back on.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic

tkjames is becoming a great contributor

Okay, I am waaaaay late to the game, so please bear (bare?) with me....

Have had the TP2 for a good long while, but always ran stock. Been pissed as hell for months now at the bugginess of 6.5 and Sense to the point that I just run the basic Windows UI now (which is so bland and useless, but at least it keeps my phone from freezing).

I just hit my upgrade time so I'm getting my first Android, the Samsung Transform (REALLY want the Epic but simply refuse to pay an extra $10 a month for the service plan....maybe next year). Ironically, now that I'm getting a new phone, I finally got the guts to try this whole ROM-flashing business all the youngsters are hip too, lol! I guess because, if I screw it up and brick my phone, I've got another one. Somehow I came across MaxSense, which I thought was awesome, which led me to Big's ROM. I wanted to flash something that was completely different from Sense...I wanted a new experience and essentially a new phone. I love how Big/MaxSense integrate HTC Sense without you feeling like you're working with Sense (i.e. no more sliders and tabs, hizah!). So I too am very grateful for the time spent in cooking this ROM.

That being said, I've got some issues (like you didn't see that coming).

I tried going through this thread, but it's a god-awful 300 pages, with 299 of them of people bitching about either the ROM not being ready, or how unhappy they are with it. Idiots.

I basically only have two questions/issues.
#1 - So I get the whole maximized/minimized/hide toolbar, and I like it. But for some reason, there's the other toolbar that opens up whenever I go to a program. I'm not really sure how to describe it, it's like a secondary toolbar. And for some reason, it still has the gray background from the original skin when I first installed the ROM (I've since installed the Windows 7 theme). The main problem with this is that the 'X' button in this secondary toolbar does not actually close a program when pressed. Instead it seems to just minimize, but keeps it running. Not only that, but if the program has it's own toolbar at the top of the screen, this secondary toolbar blocks it, which is really annoying with some programs. Basically, I want to get rid of it. I tried the "hide" toolbar option in the MaxSense settings, but that only applied to the main toolbar, not this random one.

Issue #2 - I don't know if it's just me, but battery life is ATROCIOUS! Evidently it's set to 1% increments, and it goes down 1 peg every two minutes. For example, I started with 100%, fresh off the charger. In less than 30 minutes, I was down to 85%, with barely anything running, no phone calls, no emails. I've messed with that nuebattery program and checked the option to stop the 1% increments, but there were no changes made.

These are my primary please-help-me issues with Big's ROM, and maybe it's completely user error. If anyone knows some fixes, please let me know. With the battery issue I'll definitely have to change ROMs soon. In the meantime, I'm still looking forward to whatever updates Big does.

Oh yeah, another newbie question: what's the big difference between the two ROMS? I installed the 21*** because the notes said it was the most stable and recommended for first installs, but I see the majority of people use the other version. Are there huge differences?

Check out The Stupid Random Stuff Store for - can you guess? - stupid random stuff...duh!!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

tkjames,

21xxx is WinMo 6.5 (old style start bar at the top)
23xxx is WinMo 6.5.x (start & other buttons at the bottom) Give it a try since you are basically playing around at this point.

Also, I haven't run this ROM for a couple months now, but I had great battery life.
Not sure why yours is dropping so quickly.

Try a task 29 in between flashing new ROMs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkjames View Post
Okay, I am waaaaay late to the game, so please bear (bare?) with me....

Have had the TP2 for a good long while, but always ran stock. Been pissed as hell for months now at the bugginess of 6.5 and Sense to the point that I just run the basic Windows UI now (which is so bland and useless, but at least it keeps my phone from freezing).

I just hit my upgrade time so I'm getting my first Android, the Samsung Transform (REALLY want the Epic but simply refuse to pay an extra $10 a month for the service plan....maybe next year). Ironically, now that I'm getting a new phone, I finally got the guts to try this whole ROM-flashing business all the youngsters are hip too, lol! I guess because, if I screw it up and brick my phone, I've got another one. Somehow I came across MaxSense, which I thought was awesome, which led me to Big's ROM. I wanted to flash something that was completely different from Sense...I wanted a new experience and essentially a new phone. I love how Big/MaxSense integrate HTC Sense without you feeling like you're working with Sense (i.e. no more sliders and tabs, hizah!). So I too am very grateful for the time spent in cooking this ROM.

That being said, I've got some issues (like you didn't see that coming).

I tried going through this thread, but it's a god-awful 300 pages, with 299 of them of people bitching about either the ROM not being ready, or how unhappy they are with it. Idiots.

I basically only have two questions/issues.
#1 - So I get the whole maximized/minimized/hide toolbar, and I like it. But for some reason, there's the other toolbar that opens up whenever I go to a program. I'm not really sure how to describe it, it's like a secondary toolbar. And for some reason, it still has the gray background from the original skin when I first installed the ROM (I've since installed the Windows 7 theme). The main problem with this is that the 'X' button in this secondary toolbar does not actually close a program when pressed. Instead it seems to just minimize, but keeps it running. Not only that, but if the program has it's own toolbar at the top of the screen, this secondary toolbar blocks it, which is really annoying with some programs. Basically, I want to get rid of it. I tried the "hide" toolbar option in the MaxSense settings, but that only applied to the main toolbar, not this random one.

Issue #2 - I don't know if it's just me, but battery life is ATROCIOUS! Evidently it's set to 1% increments, and it goes down 1 peg every two minutes. For example, I started with 100%, fresh off the charger. In less than 30 minutes, I was down to 85%, with barely anything running, no phone calls, no emails. I've messed with that nuebattery program and checked the option to stop the 1% increments, but there were no changes made.

These are my primary please-help-me issues with Big's ROM, and maybe it's completely user error. If anyone knows some fixes, please let me know. With the battery issue I'll definitely have to change ROMs soon. In the meantime, I'm still looking forward to whatever updates Big does.

Oh yeah, another newbie question: what's the big difference between the two ROMS? I installed the 21*** because the notes said it was the most stable and recommended for first installs, but I see the majority of people use the other version. Are there huge differences?
Big is working on making a revision of MaxSense. The last time a revision was released by Big was in July---therefore, some of the packages (core programs) are outdated, also Maxx has not done any revisions on the MaxSense UI since then either. When Big has time, he'll release an updated rom with new packages.
The difference between the 21xxx numbers you are seeing are variations of WM6.5 and WM6.5.x---6.5 is essentially a stock release (more stable) versus 6.5.x which are the newest releases (currently I believe the build is up to 29007) Newer rom versions tend to not have all the bugs worked out--but also address problems from earlier builds.
As far as battery life-you could try installing these cabs. But battery life is pretty much the same between newer rom builds. Battery drain is dependent on a number of things, most importantly is signal strength, then how much data you are pulling (weather auto connecting, web use, streaming music, TV, stocks, facebook auto updating, and how much email---talk time obviously) But remember, you are getting almost as much use out of your phone as you do with a computer that is unplugged.

I would suggest switching to Vin (sorry Big) neodium (neodium is 6.5 and plutonium is 6.5.x) released yesterday. It comes with an updated radio---batti life is great. cooked in programs are just right, not too much, not too few.

When Big releases his newest MaxSence-you'll have a much better experience.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul --> TP --> TP2 --> Transform --> Epic

tkjames is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffkip911 View Post
Big is working on making a revision of MaxSense. The last time a revision was released by Big was in July---therefore, some of the packages (core programs) are outdated, also Maxx has not done any revisions on the MaxSense UI since then either. When Big has time, he'll release an updated rom with new packages.
The difference between the 21xxx numbers you are seeing are variations of WM6.5 and WM6.5.x---6.5 is essentially a stock release (more stable) versus 6.5.x which are the newest releases (currently I believe the build is up to 29007) Newer rom versions tend to not have all the bugs worked out--but also address problems from earlier builds.
As far as battery life-you could try installing these cabs. But battery life is pretty much the same between newer rom builds. Battery drain is dependent on a number of things, most importantly is signal strength, then how much data you are pulling (weather auto connecting, web use, streaming music, TV, stocks, facebook auto updating, and how much email---talk time obviously) But remember, you are getting almost as much use out of your phone as you do with a computer that is unplugged.

I would suggest switching to Vin (sorry Big) neodium (neodium is 6.5 and plutonium is 6.5.x) released yesterday. It comes with an updated radio---batti life is great. cooked in programs are just right, not too much, not too few.

When Big releases his newest MaxSence-you'll have a much better experience.
Thanks for the cabs, I'll try those out. The battery life concerns me primarily because I wasn't running ANYTHING at the time, so it really shouldn't have drained so much. I'll be awaiting Big's updates and look forward to them. In the meantime, do you have links to those other ROMS you suggested? I may or may not switch, but wouldn't mind looking into them.

Another question....if I save my settings on the 21***, will they transfer over to 29***, or will I have to customization from scratch?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development