View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:03 AM
tkjames
PPCGeeks Regular

tkjames is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ 21909/23569 - 90mb Free RAM! ☼BigMaxSense REVAMP Coming????☼

Okay, I am waaaaay late to the game, so please bear (bare?) with me....

Have had the TP2 for a good long while, but always ran stock. Been pissed as hell for months now at the bugginess of 6.5 and Sense to the point that I just run the basic Windows UI now (which is so bland and useless, but at least it keeps my phone from freezing).

I just hit my upgrade time so I'm getting my first Android, the Samsung Transform (REALLY want the Epic but simply refuse to pay an extra $10 a month for the service plan....maybe next year). Ironically, now that I'm getting a new phone, I finally got the guts to try this whole ROM-flashing business all the youngsters are hip too, lol! I guess because, if I screw it up and brick my phone, I've got another one. Somehow I came across MaxSense, which I thought was awesome, which led me to Big's ROM. I wanted to flash something that was completely different from Sense...I wanted a new experience and essentially a new phone. I love how Big/MaxSense integrate HTC Sense without you feeling like you're working with Sense (i.e. no more sliders and tabs, hizah!). So I too am very grateful for the time spent in cooking this ROM.

That being said, I've got some issues (like you didn't see that coming).

I tried going through this thread, but it's a god-awful 300 pages, with 299 of them of people bitching about either the ROM not being ready, or how unhappy they are with it. Idiots.

I basically only have two questions/issues.
#1 - So I get the whole maximized/minimized/hide toolbar, and I like it. But for some reason, there's the other toolbar that opens up whenever I go to a program. I'm not really sure how to describe it, it's like a secondary toolbar. And for some reason, it still has the gray background from the original skin when I first installed the ROM (I've since installed the Windows 7 theme). The main problem with this is that the 'X' button in this secondary toolbar does not actually close a program when pressed. Instead it seems to just minimize, but keeps it running. Not only that, but if the program has it's own toolbar at the top of the screen, this secondary toolbar blocks it, which is really annoying with some programs. Basically, I want to get rid of it. I tried the "hide" toolbar option in the MaxSense settings, but that only applied to the main toolbar, not this random one.

Issue #2 - I don't know if it's just me, but battery life is ATROCIOUS! Evidently it's set to 1% increments, and it goes down 1 peg every two minutes. For example, I started with 100%, fresh off the charger. In less than 30 minutes, I was down to 85%, with barely anything running, no phone calls, no emails. I've messed with that nuebattery program and checked the option to stop the 1% increments, but there were no changes made.

These are my primary please-help-me issues with Big's ROM, and maybe it's completely user error. If anyone knows some fixes, please let me know. With the battery issue I'll definitely have to change ROMs soon. In the meantime, I'm still looking forward to whatever updates Big does.

Oh yeah, another newbie question: what's the big difference between the two ROMS? I installed the 21*** because the notes said it was the most stable and recommended for first installs, but I see the majority of people use the other version. Are there huge differences?

Check out The Stupid Random Stuff Store for - can you guess? - stupid random stuff...duh!!