PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

rndchef is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ GAINED 10% MORE MEMORY ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila☼

Can I put on the wish list expanding the restore utility to include tab settings like stocks, weather cities, twitter login? Exchange & Yahoo settings would be awesome too. I have over 1000 contacts that take forever to load through Active Sync.

If anyone can suggest a site that will teach me to create the xml to auto load Exchange & Yahoo settings with XDA_UC I will be forever grateful.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MoDizzle is a n00b
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ GAINED 10% MORE MEMORY ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila☼

After the Quick Links fix and putting back the stock taskbar (really no need for custom since im rollin with big maxsense) im dancin between 44-46%
Old 07-17-2010, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
Can i get some feedback on the new improved ROM??

ive been using for a few hours and can really see an improvement..

holding strong at 28% / 54mb free
After boot I was in the 46% range and then I used the maxsense backup utility to restore my previous settings and it dropped me down to 37% which is still better than where I was before the reload (maybe this has to do with my backup was of NRG's last rom). I'm going to hard reset and change all my settings manually with your ROM and see how well it plays with the TP2 processor overclocking utility. I think they got it running stable all the way up to 787 mghz last time I checked so I can't even imagine the speed! I'll post my findings later. Heres a screen show with your memory reader.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (7.3 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work

Here's mirror for SPRINT 21899 BigMaxsense 07-16 ROM w/ memory improvement:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B91VCZ5P

SPRINT 23563 BigMaxsense 07-16 ROM w/ memory improvement:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=740TDTH1

Last edited by monkeygod; 07-17-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

monkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good workmonkeygod is keeping up the good work

Here's the link for the overclocking cab and details on the thread for those who are interested:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725290

Here's the actual cab...again thanks the OP over xda for creating it:
Attached Files
File Type: cab Msm7kCpuSpeed_v1.cab (61.1 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by monkeygod; 07-17-2010 at 11:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

meadvalley is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygod View Post
Here's the link for the overclocking cab and details on the thread for those who are interested:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=725290
Thanks, I was just about to ask where I could find it
Old 07-17-2010, 03:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thumbs up Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼ GAINED 10% MORE MEMORY ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila☼

My feedback after playing with it since release =)

I am holding at about 32% on the 23xxx sprint version. One thing I noticed is the bottom taskbar glitches alot in this version. it didn't in the last one with the hide taskbar option. This one does it either way. It usually happens when text messaging and then closing the phone. (which I do alot so its a little annoying)

here is my workaround. Text. close kb. push the windows hardware key. Push x in lower right corner. (each text hehe) I can post a pic if you aren't experiencing it.

Also dont know if you caught it earlier, but the documents tab isn't max manilla related. It works in nrg's rom ok. It must be something you did related to the fb tab too?

Other than that everything works sweet. cept ie6 missing flash capability

Last edited by solarflarex; 07-17-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am noticing the latest rom freezing up alot on the 21899 even though the memory consumption is less. After soft resetting it seems like the UI hangs until I press a couple of buttons and then it will launch. Also when searching for a contact in sense and pressing the top of the screen to bring up the onscreen keyboard the retractable task bar activates. The sense taskbars are also sticking to the maxsense homepage and I have to soft reset to remove. Sometimes it seems to go into a mini SOD until I press the power button several times. I removed a couple of cabs that I install with every ROM to see if it's me breaking the phone but I wasn't having problem on the 7.14.10 21899. Following are the cabs I've been installing after flashing that I have not had problems on previous big or nrgz maxsense roms; touchresponsehigh, nopushinternet, ssktp2dynamicresourceproxy, hypnotic2010allbatterytweaks. Anyone else have any problems with running certain cabs?

After removing my cabs I am sitting about 37% with the big change icons cab installed.

Last edited by ryanmv213; 07-17-2010 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

has to be one of those cabs. I haven't installed anything but on the 23xxx version and not one freeze etc. Try task 29 then wait on the cabs. See how it goes.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
After boot I was in the 46% range and then I used the maxsense backup utility to restore my previous settings and it dropped me down to 37% which is still better than where I was before the reload (maybe this has to do with my backup was of NRG's last rom). I'm going to hard reset and change all my settings manually with your ROM and see how well it plays with the TP2 processor overclocking utility. I think they got it running stable all the way up to 787 mghz last time I checked so I can't even imagine the speed! I'll post my findings later. Heres a screen show with your memory reader.
Is it just me or is your clock bigger than available in stock? If so can you point me in the direction of how you did that.

Thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development