PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Windows Mobile Version of BigMaxSense ROM Do You Use?
Windows Mobile 6.5 (21***) 88 26.99%
Windows Mobile 6.5.(x) (23***) 242 74.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 326. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼15 New Widgets☼23563☼21899 ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Would like to point out the current bugs

Bug with ROM
HTC message client is not installed. If you are in HTC contacts and choose to send a text message it will show a blank screen. you will have to go into message tab to send text or use the action screen.
Working on a fix for this, but might be a hot minute

Bugs with MaxSense
1 - New SMS will not update in the alert display. the count shows fine on the sms widget, but if i press the sms it will display "no message" OR the previous message
Once i go to see the message and go back home it will sometimes display and sometimes will take a bit longer to update... I have also seen once or twice that it WILL display correctly, but not often
This problem is caused by the ROM error above. HTC message client needs to be installed for it to function correctly.. I AM WORKING IT

2 - Date Panel widget.. this widget is blank on my device.. if i press it, it brings up a calendar and clicking set or cancel does nothing.
I Suggest just hiding this widget for now

3 - the data on/off toggle widget does not function.. if i click it it brings up comm manager.
Response from Max Data toggle only disconnect. When diconnected, it will navigate to comms mgr. Connection can be done but need some programming fm .netcf

4 - scrolling text for media player is across all screens if widget is placed on center/left home panels
Should already be resolved, will update when i get the fix

6 - When internet widget is clicked on (inside search box) the top and bottom bars of WinMo are visible overlapping maxsense. sure its becuase of the keyboard
being accessed, but is there anyway to stop that from happening.. not a big deal, just mentioning it
Response from Max Can't be helped. When the keyboard is activated, the top/bottom bar will takeover. This is Winmo behaviour. Unless I reconstruct the whole keyboard fm scratch.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: New TP2 owner
Carrier: Sprint

dgtalgoddess is just getting started
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼15 New Widgets☼23563☼21899 ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

I am trying to use the clear storage but wont let me enter on the keypad.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtalgoddess View Post
I am trying to use the clear storage but wont let me enter on the keypad.
Just tried on my 21899 ROM and its letting me enter.. what about the hard keyboard?
Old 06-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

All ROMs Are UP!!

This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

amjman is becoming a great contributor
Smile Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼15 New Widgets☼23563☼21899 ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Big,

great job, and I appreciate it. I am downloading now. Cannot wait for the Win 7 theme!

from a previous post:

anyone have some working SIP phone software working on this/other 6.5.X ROMS that allows use of the BT headset for the VoIP calls? I have tried X-Pro Softphone and it does not work-and maybe one or two others. Suggestions? THANKS

love the ROM.

amjman
Old 06-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

How About this.... Max has already fixed 2 of the MaxSense Issues...

Install the Cab Attached and it will fix the Date Panel & Music Player Widgets

The Date Panel will now show the current date and if you click it, it will give you the option to change the date...
The music player scrolling text is now confined to the screen its located on

Great work Max!!

btw.. Zelendel @ XDA just hooked me up with his HTC Msg Client so might have fix for that coming up
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SuBDivisions is keeping up the good workSuBDivisions is keeping up the good work

Its like Christmas!! In June!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Touch Pro / Palm Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

weinberk is becoming a great contributor

Has the issue where wma files don't seem to be able to be used for alert/ring sounds been fixed in 6-25? The 6-22 release gave me all kinds of trouble with this.

I generally use PhoneAlarm to manage my alerts, but this problem happened before installation.

After installation, the problem remained.

Possibly related? In PhoneAlarm, when selecting the sounds, I also see dozens of 30 character plus hexidecimal named files. They don't seem to make a sound. I've not seen this prior to using the Big rom. I can't remember if this used to be the case with BigCookie, but it definitely is with BigMaxSense.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: New TP2 owner

dgtalgoddess is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
Just tried on my 21899 ROM and its letting me enter.. what about the hard keyboard?

I am using 23563 and it will not let me enter anything, keyboard too. I will download the latest ROM and maybe I will just go with the 21899. The only difference is that there is no buttons below correct?

=D> great job really.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Touch Pro / Palm Treo 700w
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

weinberk is becoming a great contributor
Smile Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼15 New Widgets☼23563☼21899 ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Requests/suggestions:
  • On the voicemail count widget can we prompt the user when tapped instead of automatically calling voicemail? A simple eroneous press while the phone is in your pocket initiates a call that can go on forever...
  • Have the calendar widget show more than 5 appts
  • Task widget
  • On the sms and email count widget, give the option to launch Outlook instead of only having it launch the HTC "paper" display of the message.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development