PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: [Kitchen] WVGA Touch Pro 2 Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
There was a thread here a few weeks ago - a number of folks with the same problem. Including me.

How big is your card? Brand? Speed?

I have an A-Data class 6 16GB that will not flash. IIRC, most 16GB cards wouldn't work. But I can flash with my 8GB class 4 Sandisk.
I have the same issue. This same exact memory card i used in my TP1 and could flash from the SD card all day. But on my TP2... No way.

I dont understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I don't know excatly why anyone would want to flash from the SD card unless you have to because you have to take the cover off every time. That will wear it out and become loose over time. Just my 2 cents.
I agree with you... But sometimes Ill build a rom and then run out of the house... and it might be a dud or a crappy build. Then Im stuck with a poopy phone til i can get back home.

It would be nice if I could then just flash from the SD card to one that I trust to work... but i cant.

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 04-29-2010, 01:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
anyone know how you set, the default number of tabs available to be opened at a time in - Opera 9.5 in the kitchen( i know from within the program itself on the phone)

Manila ?: I forgot where it is to set for Manila(Sense) to auto download the weather and location info for the Home Tab, automatically. Last few builds I just click "enable location" and agree to the google agreement, but it used to always just download it. Should i just revert the manila 1324 engine?
Hmm reverted and cleaned up the manila engine, still though the weather dosent auto download like it used to.. Anyone remember where enable auto location for weather on manila is?

for opera all i found was an override.ini and i added this to it, not sure how much mileage it'll get me yet

User Prefs|Max Allowed Tabs=10
Old 04-29-2010, 02:22 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Hmm reverted and cleaned up the manila engine, still though the weather dosent auto download like it used to.. Anyone remember where enable auto location for weather on manila is?

for opera all i found was an override.ini and i added this to it, not sure how much mileage it'll get me yet

User Prefs|Max Allowed Tabs=10
been trying to figure this out as well. i have mine set, but i always have to enable location after a build

Help Me Help You
Old 04-29-2010, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Using everyone's help... Im getting my built little by little. Im very happy so far.

But, Ive been searching and really havent found any information on these things im trying to figure out:

How to cook in my Twitter and Facebook login information. So i dont have to enter it in manually anymore.

How to cook in my CHT layout... so I dont have to import the settings anymore.

How to cook in my wifi information.

And if anyone can help me on this one, Id be super happy: How to cook in the new gAlarm 2.5.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
been trying to figure this out as well. i have mine set, but i always have to enable (Sense weather) location after a build
Yea i know. funny actually i remembered someone asking about this a week back, and i did not have the problem

Im using the same kitchen, with the same packages, havent even switched out manila packages, only sys.

I can't figured out what happened from then to now. since i really havent been modifying the kitchen too much lately at all.

It used to just be just cook ROM/let it run/ then once Sense booted for the first time, the Weather would pull automatically, before the screen dimmed 1st time.

Ive scoured the manila engine reg, and found the enable location=1
enable location when roaming=0
all at default.

I faintly remember coming across this reg before, but don't remember changing any of those keys. plus i compared to the optimized 1324 engine and the keys are the same. kinda stumped, lol, i know it's something simple but inadvert that we changed..hmm
Old 04-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
how did you do the backlight settings?

also, i changed the flamerise pic, at least the one i could find, but it still shows up.
under oem/tp2/common/registry tweaks

I added or edited these lines:
<characteristic type="HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight">
<parm name="ACTimeout" datatype="integer" value="0"/>
<parm name="BatteryTimeout" datatype="integer" value="0"/>
<parm name="ACBrightness" datatype="integer" value="10"/>
<parm name="Brightness" datatype="integer" value="6"/>
<parm name="KeyLightAutoSensor" datatype="integer" value="0"/>
</characteristic>

<characteristic type="HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\ Timeouts">
<parm name="ACResumingSuspendTimeout" datatype="integer" value="120"/>
<parm name="ACSuspendTimeout" datatype="integer" value="1800"/>
<parm name="ACSuspendTimeoutSave" datatype="integer" value="1800"/>
<parm name="BattResumingSuspendTimeout" datatype="integer" value="120"/>
<parm name="BattSuspendTimeout" datatype="integer" value="600"/>
<parm name="BattSuspendTimeoutSave" datatype="integer" value="600"/>
</characteristic>

these are about half way down the provxml file in the tweaks. some were there and I changed the values, some I had to add to it. I have auto backlight off, 60% on battery, 100% on power, with no backlight off timer, only device off timer set to 10min and 30min respectively.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tweaks - Registry.zip (4.5 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by nrfitchett4; 04-29-2010 at 09:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:58 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
Anyone know how to completely set Opera Mini5 as the default browser. I have a package in my kitchen and in my TP ROMS that contains cabs to change the default browsers from 9.7 to 10 or Mini5. The only issue is that when changing to Mini5 links will not open. Same reg edits in each cab just changed the exe which the reg's are pointing to. It works for 9.7 and 10 just not Mini5. I have been testing browser speed and Mini5 is BY FAR the fastest. It isn't even close. Opera 10 is the slowest then IE then Mini5.

I have attached a dump of the reg edits in the cab.
I have read that this is a known bug of opera mini5. probably the only reason so many are holding onto 9.7
I use skyfire as my default since it will run pretty much the whole web and it opens just as fast as 9.7 or 10, and I use opera mini5 for my usual surfing.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA/GSM

geotravelcat is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Yea i know. funny actually i remembered someone asking about this a week back, and i did not have the problem

Im using the same kitchen, with the same packages, havent even switched out manila packages, only sys.

I can't figured out what happened from then to now. since i really havent been modifying the kitchen too much lately at all.

It used to just be just cook ROM/let it run/ then once Sense booted for the first time, the Weather would pull automatically, before the screen dimmed 1st time.

Ive scoured the manila engine reg, and found the enable location=1
enable location when roaming=0
all at default.

I faintly remember coming across this reg before, but don't remember changing any of those keys. plus i compared to the optimized 1324 engine and the keys are the same. kinda stumped, lol, i know it's something simple but inadvert that we changed..hmm
Oops never mind I read you post wrong

Thank those who've helped! My Thanks to the Genius of the Master Chefs in this kitchen & their hard work. Please remember to Thank the Kitchen staff when we can!

Last edited by geotravelcat; 04-29-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey guys

Whats the easiest way to take an ext file from the kitchen and make it a cab file?

Is there anything like Kitchen converter, but in reverse?

Thanks
Old 04-29-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Using everyone's help... Im getting my built little by little. Im very happy so far.

But, Ive been searching and really havent found any information on these things im trying to figure out:

How to cook in my Twitter and Facebook login information. So i dont have to enter it in manually anymore.

How to cook in my CHT layout... so I dont have to import the settings anymore.

How to cook in my wifi information.

And if anyone can help me on this one, Id be super happy: How to cook in the new gAlarm 2.5.
check this thread out. I haven't had time to play with it yet to figure it out, but it should do what you need. if you figure it out, let me know. I am trying to get my owner info added via .xml.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100328

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development