PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What version of Manila do you like to see in next release?
Co0kie Home Tab (CHT) 14 66.67%
GTX Manila 3 14.29%
Just BLK is well and good, I will modify it by myself! 7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: BharS|23568|PROJ_BS|Sense2.5.2014/2015|GENERIC|XDA_UC|10JUN|V13|CHT|BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jug6ernaut View Post
holy jesus man, u expect ppl to read much less comprehend that?

please short and concise.
LOL, agreed!
At least try to break it in to paragraphs...
Old 06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
I cleaned it up for you, still don't know if anyone is going to read it though,

I downloaded the V13 CHT rom first day, which is the rom version I prefer. on the day it was released and then also downloaded V13 BLK rom version both without a problem the same day. Is your computer set to time out, or could a setting maybe have been changed or altered by accident?

I know that sounds stupid but the only computer I have at the moment is an Acer Aspire One Netbook with Window XP Service Pack 3 with all updates and I swear that sometimes it alters its own settings, like last week all of a sudden I turn on the thing and all my screen setting are changed to %75. I went and changed it back to 100% and its been fine but every few months there is a new change or alteration I didn’t remember making. The only difference in downloading I thought I noticed was that the free downloads now take 90 seconds where i thought before they started in 30 or 45 or 60 seconds or something less than 90.

But it could have been the same 90 seconds before as well, but I thought it was less. It could also be the server could be down for the time being or maybe experiencing too much usage at the moment. I really don’t know. I would try back in a couple hours.

I’ve been using V13 CHT since the day it dropped and I have only ever had it freeze up on me once and I had to perform a soft re-set, but when that happened I had about 6-9 programs open and switching back and forth between them occasionally, sending and receiving texts, and sending and receiving phone calls too. And the device didn’t freeze up un till I was all finished working and went to End All Programs in the mm task manager. But as soon as I hit the End All Processes the device froze up. But after a soft re-set everything was back to normal and running smoothly. and that’s the only issue/problem I have experienced yet on the V13 CHT rom and that’s also with 15 cabs installed.

about 10 of the cabs are just simple visual customizations like T-Mobiles transparent flip clock, clock transparent metallic blue slider icons, Ruppy Super Arcade(& it’s a big cab at about 20mb,its the only cab I install to my sdcard),and HdSpeedo (good GPS based speedometer),no curtains 2.5 manila, and others. and V13 handles the extra load extremely well and is still very stable and very fast.

I do have a switch a couple questions though, After I do a soft reset or run CleanRam level 3 the GPS locator on my device turns back to "911 only" setting and I have to manually rest it back to the "On" setting before I can use my GPS. Now this isn’t really a problem but if I want to use CleanRam level 3 it’s kind of an annoyance. Is there a way to add whatever that setting is to the exceptions list in CleanRam. like I used to do to set the older CleanRam versions settings to exclude manilla.exe so it would work with Sense 2.5. I don’t know what to exclude in CleanRam, if anything will work, to make me not have to manually switch GPS back to the "On" setting after running level 3. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know.

Is there a way to exclude the dialer? I think that might be when it shuts off. So now I run level 2 every hour because I really use my TP2 pretty hard sometimes and i like to use level 3 every 3 hours. It seems to work better for me that way. Sorry for straying off topic from the original post question. Just thought about a few things of my own.

Thanks for any info, and again V13 is solid. Best rom so far and that says a lot because all your rom’s always seem to set the bar compared to any and all other rom’s and the only rom that even compares is a couple of Maxsense rom’s, but they still need some work I think before ill even consider a switch. It feels too much like SPB shell and WM and very little Android to me and doesn’t seem to be worth the switch yet and having to learn the new ui.
I still like CHT 1.8 with WM 6.5.X and a very clean, customized look, Which is exactly what your roms are. So I’m going to stick with your rom’s and maybe when/if u cook up a Maxsense then ill give it a shot. but until then I’m happy with what you’ve already got.

Can’t thank u enough. Before I found your rom I was kind of disappointed with my TP2,mainly because at first I wanted NRGs rom and its data just wouldn’t function on Cricket like it did with my previous. all Sprint branded, HTC devices; Diamond, and 2 Touch Pro's. and I had different NRG rom’s on each one. but when I get my TP2 for myself for Christmas all of a sudden none of NRGs TP2 rom’s had a working data connection. No matter what I did? So thanks again.

I actually prefer your rom now over NRGs anyday, don’t suppose u have any CDMA T.Pro rom’s u cooked .I’d really like to get one of those to install on my Touch Pro, previous device, which still has a functioning EVDO data connection thru Cricket even though its not activated. Use that one for GPS when driving and my data connection on my TP2 still works at the same time and at the same speed as usual when I use my TP for free GPS. It’s pretty nice having free data on a disconnected device. One good thing about cricket I guess.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
Originally Posted by jug6ernaut View Post
holy jesus man, u expect ppl to read much less comprehend that?
I sure do read it...

Quote:
the GPS locator on my device turns back to "911 only" setting.
What settings are you talking about? I dont understand. Give me a screenshot or something...I will look into it.

Quote:
Maxsense roms,but they still need some work i think before ill even consider a switch.
I will make a maxsense ROM if maxy sends me a copy. I still havent got it yet. I have a private one...but I cant release that..

Quote:
dont suppose u have any CDMA T.Pro roms u cooked.
I never owned a TP, so I never made a ROM for that.

One a side note: I finally figured out the FB tab menu button problem! So that will be fixed in V14.

I think 235XX series is dead so far. Which means, if I need to update sys it might be to a different version. Not sure if I want to make a public ROM at this point with different SYS!!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: BharS |23568|PROJ_BS| Sense2.5.2014/2015 |GENERIC|XDA_UC|10JUN|V13|CHT|BLK

Whatever you chose AI, we'll appreciate it!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:50 AM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

ai will read it,and thats the only persons opinion im really lookn for.I appreciate u breakin that down for me for everyone who wants to read it and cant comprehend it,but if they cant comprehend it then they cant answer my questions anyway.I think almost all noobs should just stick to learnin for now and keep their comments to their self unless they are helpful comments,tips, or at least try to.Besides ai is the only person to give me any useful info on his roms so far and ai knows i always run his roms and test them right to their limits.So he usually listens to me and what ive got to say.Im not sayin that hes does anything i say,just that he considers and sometimes values my opinions and points of view.Plus he know that his roms have been my roms of choice and daily use since they were in their beta stages.I like to think he reads my posts and if he has questions about one he wil ask me.Your opinion is definetly not going to help me and I really dont care what u have to say.Your input is not wanted by me.So why would u even waste a post space that could be used for a purposeful question or a worthwhile opinion or fix?It makes no sense to me?Im glad ai answers his own questions or i wouldnt get many helpful answers from anyone else it seems.
For those who dont want any extra,or think that maybe they could answer a specific question about ai's roms for me please id appreciate the info. I have really just one question left for ai. after a soft reset or whenevr i run CleanRam at level 3 my GPS locator,the GPS symbol on the top right of the dialer screen,turns to the "911 Only" position and i have to reset it manually back to the "Location On" setting by going to,Menu-Options-CDMA Services-Location Setting, and then switch it from the"911 only" setting back to the"Location On"setting,and if that is possible using CleanRam Config. and go into the Exceptions List and exclude something in the CleanRam exclude settings menu.Then see if i can then run CleanRam level 3 without having it turn off my GPS.Is that easier for some of u to comprehend.
Thats also why i said sorry for straying off topic in this post, but i have a cpl question myself i wanted to ask.Figured ai wouldnt mind, but next time it will be just a post of my own. If that makes things easier for some of u to comprehend.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:23 AM
lbcary

ai, if u need to upgrade to a different system after V14 im sure that myself and any other loyal Bhars rom users will be content with V14 until u get around to a public release u are comfortable releasing one on the new upgraded system.If V14 is as good or better than V13 then im sure most of us will be content for a while.
V13 has run as close to flawless as a WM rom can get,and especially better than i ever thought a WM 6.5.X rom with Sense 2.5 could ever run.Its just way more stable than almost every other rom out there,and i have tried almost all of them.Sometimes i can be a flashing junkie.I have an xtra Sprint branded T.Pro and T.Pro 2 i use just for flashing new roms and radios to test out for a few days and see how the roms run and which radio gets the best signal.Yet whatever rom i try is never as good as Bhars most recent rom release. Which is always the rom i use on my daily use T.Pro 2 because they are always very well beta tested and run extremely well and fast by the time they are released to the public and Bhars has the best user support for his roms.He doesnt just release a rom and forget about it until his next rom release.If there is a bug or problem he almost always gets a fix,whether its a cab fix or whatever solves the problem,available immediately for the rom.Unless its a user created problem that no one eles is experiencing,which most problems with Bhars roms are user errors and he even helps those who really dont know what they are doing.He does have excellent user support for his loyal rom users.But his loyal rom users usually dont have most of the problems that ive seen some noobs make for themselves by simply not knowing what theyre doing.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:35 AM
lbcary

the person with the pointless post doesnt even have a Touch Pro 2.and is on a GSM network. AT&T,what are u even doing here.Im almost sure now that u have absolutlety nothing worthwhile to teach anyone here. So please dont post again. Its not needed and really not even wanted by anyone,unless they want to maybe brick their device.Go back to where the GSM folks are, and if u dont now where that is then thats all that needs to to be said about u and your opinions.So for everyones sake dont post.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you don't Have anything Nice to say, its best to not say anything at all, that should go for everyone.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: RHOD400
Threadstarter

ai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPai6908 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to ai6908

Quote:
whenevr i run CleanRam at level 3 my GPS locator,the GPS symbol on the top right of the dialer screen,turns to the "911 Only" position and i have to reset it manually back to the "Location On" setting by going to,Menu-Options-CDMA Services-Location Setting, and then switch it from the"911 only" setting back to the"Location On"setting,and if that is possible using CleanRam Config. and go into the Exceptions List and exclude something in the CleanRam exclude settings menu.Then see if i can then run CleanRam level 3 without having it turn off my GPS.Is that easier for some of u to comprehend.
I dont know why it is doing that to you. I do run cleanram level 3, and it doesnt do that for me.

There is an exception list in cleanram under settings. Have you played with that?

Also resense is the best memory saver in my option. Just use that and manually close programs with taskmgr. Lot better than using cleanram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
If you don't Have anything Nice to say, its best to not say anything at all, that should go for everyone.
+1

Still not sure what SYS to use for V14. I think I have a perfect one ready...might just stick with 23568 for one more time!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125307

This may be something useful to integrate into V14!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development